Special Chapter 1: Title That Was so Long I Actually Broke the Word Limit so Yeah Its down Below Now Whatever

I'm an Animal for You

Special Chapter 1: The First Prequel to the Aforementioned Rather Uncomic, Seemingly Ordinary, but Much Needed Introduction That Precedes the Promised Ensued Chaos to Follow and Has Followed and Is Still Following and Will Probably Only Get More and More out of Hand from This Point (Featuring Dahmo)


 

"Ah, you're here Dubu." 

"Eh? It's just you Momo? Weren't we leaving with Mina-chan and Chaeng?" 

Momo's eye twitched. Dahyun saying 'Mina-chan' when she didn't even give Momo a pet name irked her. She had secretly thought that she was a little more special than that.

An ordinary person wouldn't have noticed Momo's small reaction. Her unreadable face was always void of any expressions and she preferred to remain impassive and aloof. 

Why she was like this nobody knew for sure. Most of her peers never really gave it much thought, and anyone who did would be too intimidated to ask, since she usually spoke in a blunt and rhetorical or sacarstic manner. 

Even Momo didn't quite understand herself. She had been this way for as long as she could remember. All she knew was that she felt vulnerable and exposed when her feelings were on display, or when any attention was on her. She felt most comfortable and natural being her cold self. 

In the strangest sense, Momo was an extremely shy and introverted girl. 

There was one thing however, that Momo knew about herself very well. 

And that was that she was in love with Dahyun. 

"Yeah, Mina's still in the dance studio." She signalled towards the end of the long hallway, pushing away the unhappiness she felt earlier. "Chaengie's waiting for her." 

Chaengie was watching Mina practice from through the glass door, entranced by her beauty and grace. 

"They're probably gonna take a while, Dubu. Let's just leave first." 

"But Momo, we promised Mina-chan we'd go together." Dahyun replied as she walked over to where Chaengie was. 

Now Momo was really annoyed. She couldn't understand why Dahyun was being so insistent on leaving with Mina; did she not want to spend time alone with Momo too? Momo always knew Mina was better company than she was, but she hoped Dahyun didn't feel that way. 

Momo cursed under her breath and followed Dahyun. She decided to tease the cub to cheer herself up.

"Chaengie-ya!" She called as she caught up to Dahyun, snapping the cub out of her trance. "You're staring at Mina-chan too hard!"

Mina must have heard it too, because immediately her face flushed a deep red, and snapped her head towards them. The poor cub froze for a moment before taking off. "I-I'll see you later M-Mina unnie!" 

Dahyun was not amused. 

"Momo!" She chided harshly. "That was really uncalled for!" 

"Aw, but she's so fun to tease, Dubu." 

"That's no way to treat a friend! What you did could strain Chaengs and Mina's friendship! I thought better of you, Momo!" 

That hit Momo's soft spot.

"Why, Dubu!" She suddenly broke down. "Why do you insist on having Mina's company! Am I not good enough for you?" 

Dahyun's anger dissipated. She was taken aback by Momo's outburst. This was the first time she had seen Momo this upset. 

She was at a loss for her words. "Momo?" 

"It's always about Minari isn't it! Even though we became friends first! Even though I fell for you-" 

Oh no. Did I just- 

"Momo...chan? You like.. me?" 

"." 

"I like you too, Momo-chan." 

"Eh?" 

"I always had! But I could never tell if you did too... I'm sorry for being such a bad friend. I wanted to know more about you, about how you felt, but I was so insensitive..." 

Momo calmed herself down. "Dubu, it's I who should be sorry." 

Dahyun looked up at Momo and smiled kindly, and Momo returned the smile brightly. She looked so different when she smiled. Her face glowed softly and her eyes shoned beautifully. 

"You're so pretty when you smile, Moguri. You should do it more, it's so much cuter than your sneers and sniggers and smirks!"

"They're reserved only for you, Dubu. But only if you continue to call me Moguri or Momo-chan." She admitted. 

"I thought you hated it, Momo-chan?" 

"Uh, no?" 

"You glared at me on the first day of school because I said you looked like a racoon." 

"That was during my self-introduction, Dubu. You made the whole class laugh at me. That's no way to treat a friend... or a girlfriend." She added playfully.

"So...we're official?" Dahyun asked meekly. 

"Well, yeah, since you confessed to me." 

"What! Momo! You confessed to me!" 

"Um, no Dubu. A slip of the tongue doesn't count as a confession. You, on the other hand declared your love for me boldly. That, is what we call a confession." 

"Y-you're so mean!" 

"I'm just playing, love. Do you want a parfait on the way back? My treat." 

"Yes, please!" Dubu grinned and hugged Momo's arm as they left for the cafe. 

.....

"Ehhh... where did everyone go?" 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: This chapter was loosely based on some events from my own life kekeke. 

Who's everyone's favourite character btw? Please let me know, I'm very curious ><

I'll continue to do my best, and upload interesting and exciting chapters! I'd be happy even if only one person read it!

Once again, thanks for reading :>