Come Again Tomorrow and the Day After, I Will Be Ready and Waiting

I'm an Animal for You

"Thank you for your patronage, please come again!" 

The bell hanging from the confectioner's tinkled brightly as Mina exited the store. Her sky blue dress blew gently in the summer breeze as she stepped into the street. With one hand, she sent a quick text to her little cub; in her other, was a small box which held the cub's favourite, blueberry shortcake. Chaeyoung didn't particularly enjoy sweet foods, but she came to love the cakes after Mina had baked her one for her birthday.

.....

To: Strawberry (Chaengs <3) @ 8:57 a.m.

Morning chaengie ^^ 

I was looking forward to today so much I could barely catch my Z's. Hehehe...anyways, I'll be coming by in 15 minutes, see you then! 

Yours truly,

Minari senpai 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chaeyoung had always looked up to her unnie. Mina was an earnest student who did well in class. Her amiable and helpful nature made her well-liked among her teachers and peers. She also excelled at ballet, earning the respect of her juniors.

And the girl could bake. ("This is the best birthday ever momma!" Chaeyoung exclaimed with full. "Yah! You're getting cake everywhere!")

Chaeyoung's admiration for Mina spurred her to keep doing her best, while Mina in turn continued to be a role model for the cub. The two girls brought out the best in each other, and Mina treasured their special bond.

The situation had been rather different when Mina initially moved from Japan. She had a poor understanding of the culture and was weak in the language. As a result, she found it difficult to make any friends, and it wasn't long before she began to hole up in solitary in the school library. It was there she met Momo, who was able to sympathise with her predicament. 

"Hehh... you're Japanese too Hirai-san?" 

"God, Myoui. Your Korean stinks. Yeah, nice meeting you too Japanese, but I'd really rather talk to my Jokbal instead."

"I... You're exaggerating.."

"So what? We both know it's what got you no friends. Wait here, woman. I'm gonna fetch you a tutor or two."

"Hirai-san..."

.....

Ever since, Chaeyoung would walk with Mina to school. The walks were fun; the smol cub always had an interesting topic to engage Mina with. From questions about Mina's background to movies, or even "Momo unnie said you look like a penguin, and now I can't unsee it." and "Momo unnie and Dahyunie started going out!". 

During lunch, Dahyun would give Mina Korean lessons as the group ate together. Dahyun was a wonderful teacher, and would even bring flash cards to aid Mina's learning. Chaeyoung would look so proud of Mina when she did well during these lessons; her irresistable, toothy grin was Mina's reward and motivation.

The simple yet uplifting days continued for Mina, and without realising it, Chaeyoung grew onto the older girl.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung was staring intensely at her furry tail, frustrated and confused. 

Today would be her first date with Mina, and she definitely didn't want her the older girl to think she was dressing inappropriately for the date. Or worse still, find out that she had actually grown feline ears and a tail. 

Cat ears and a tail. How did something like that even happen!? 

"C-calm down me!" Chaeyoung plopped herself onto her bed. "Just think...! What would Dahyun and Momo unnie say?" 

.....

"You should tell Mina about it! She's not that kind of person... Mina's not going to hate you because of something like that!"

"Just wing it, Chaengie. Trust me. She's from Japan. She loves cosplay." 

"I don't want either!" Chaeyoung cried.

.....

Mina rang the doorbell to the younger girl's apartment. The house was all too familiar; she had been here countless times with Dahyun and Momo. But still she couldn't help but feel slightly nervous; it would be the first time she was here without them. 

Amost immediately, the door swung open.

"Hi Auntie!" She greeted with a bright smile. "I'm here to pick Chaeyoung up!"

"Oooh Mina-chan!" Chaeyoung's mom returned the greeting warmly. "She will be out any minute now! Do come in, please!" 

"Thank you, auntie." She replied graciously and entered the living room. 

Chaeyoung was nowhere to be seen. She was probably still getting ready, Mina thought to herself. She could hear the cub making a racket from behind her closed door. 

"Yo, Minari." Chaeyoung's brother suddenly spoke up, his eyes still focused on the television screen. "Have fun with lil' Chaeng. But I should warn you, she's a full-time idiot."

"That's not true," Mina chuckled. "Chaengie's very mature and I'm very proud of her!"

"Minari!" Chaeyoung burst out of her room without warning.

Mina spun around, surprised at the sudden pet name. 

Chaeyoung ran up to Mina and gave her a huge hug, then took a step back and looked her in the eye, blushing but determined. She put her hands up to her face and wagged her tail sweetly, mimicking a small tiger. 

"I-I'm an animal for you!"

.....

T-too...cute! Mina flushed as washed away her nosebleed in the bathroom sink. 

Chaeyoung's petite stature, her endearing actions and expression, the animal accessories (or so Mina thought), the way her tail offered a slight peek of her rear-

I-I musn't think about Chaengie like that! What would she think if she found out her unnie had such thoughts about her? 

She realised the cub must have been nervous about the date, and was trying to please her. (Yes Minari, but not quite right.) She had to cheer up the poor cub somehow. 

.....

"Ahhhh!" Chaeyoung buried her face in her pillow. "Why did I do that! Dummy!" 

'Just wing it', huh? 

"I-I can't face Mina unnie anymore!" 

Get used to it Chaeng. You're a professional klutz.

"Chaengie, can I come in?" Mina knocked on her door gently. 

"Unnie..." 

"Call me Minari, Chaeng." 

"I-I'm so embarrassed unnie..." 

"I think you were adorable Chaengie," Mina smiled, pulling the cub into an embrace and  her head. "You don't have to feel bad that you're into these sort of things." She said as she pulled away, getting up from the bed. 

"Eh? What do you mean?" 

Mina took a deep bow and posed dramatically.

"For love and justice, the pretty Guardian in a sailor suit, Sailor Minas! In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!"

Is idiocy contagious around here? 

Chaeyoung burst into tears.

"I'm not that kind of girl Minari!"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yay! I had a great trip :)

I'm aware that the chapters are pretty short and I apologise :x but it felt like a good place to conclude the chapter.

Once again, please let me know what you think of the fic so far, whether good or bad, I'll read them all! Look forward to the next update!

Thanks for reading :>!