No Need for That Gold Key or Get Lucky, If You Truly Mean It Everything’s Gonna Be Okay

I'm an Animal for You

Lightning flashed dangerously across the moonless night sky, illuminating the darkness which enveloped the vulnearble city beneath. Thunder cracked and boomed unremmitingly, mercilessly accompanied by the torrential downpour. Harsh winds howled through the town, rattling the windows of homes where children slept soundly.

Disturbed was the silence of its people within, and the silence that was within its people.  

 

Brrring. Bruh-rinngggg. 

"...What is it Jeongyeon, Nayeon?" 

"Leader, the plan is well underway."

"Good, good. Make them pay... make them suffer. Ahh, how I love the savoury taste of vengance."

"Yes, leader. We'll be sure to give Son Chaeyoung... hell."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Earlier that day...

Chaeyoung was stumped. She stared at her reflection in the bedroom mirror, wagging her tail from side to side. She was supposed to be in school now, but she couldn't go in this state. 

She would be sent home even before homeroom began. 

The mere thought of the attention she'd receive from her classmates made her bury her blushing face in her hands. 

Minari would be embarrassed too. Her friends would surely think badly of her for dating someone who'd turn up at school looking like that. 

Chaeyoung couldn't afford to let that happen. She couldn't let the time and effort they had spent together to help her fit in go to waste. Chaeyoung knew how much Mina treasured those moments, and it'd break her heart so much if the one who tarnished it was her very own Chaengie. 

Chaengie felt guilty for concealing the truth from the older girl. Mina deserved to know better. Chaengie felt so lost, and wanted Minari now more than ever, but it wouldn't be right to burden her. She was a respected student with much more to protect than just Chaeyoung. Getting Minari involved right now would only put her in a difficult position.

She would have to accept the fact that her girlfriend was half-tiger. She would have to endure the mockery of being seen in public with an animal girl.

Or she might decide to break up with Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung was determined to not drag Mina into this any further. But she didn't have the luxury of time. It was only a matter of time before the school would call up her parents to ask about her unofficial absence, and she would have no explanation to offer them.

She was going to put an end to this before it jeopardised their precious relationship. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chaeyoung hurried out of the train station and located the city's clinic on her phone, with the intent to seek medical attention. 

It didn't seem too far, she noted. It was next to a crepe cafe with outdoor seats.

She pulled the hood of her red jacket over her head (to hide her ears), and with her furry tail sticking out from under her black flare skirt, (she couldn't find a way to hide it) she scampered to her destination. 

...

"Welcome to Satzu's Veterinarian, I'm Dr. Sana Sana Santa Claws and this is Dr. Shih Tzu-yu! Meow may I help?"

"C-can I receive treatment here? I'm half-tiger." 

"Awww! She's sho cute Chewy! Can I keep her pleaseee?" 

"I'm more of a dog person babe." 

"But she thinks she's a tiger!" 

"Aren't those cat ears?" 

"Omigosh they're so soft!! Chewy! Try squeezing them too- Oh no she's getting away!"

"I-I'm so sorry!" 

...

Nayeon and Jeongyeon watched Chaeyoung make her escape ("Nooo don't go!! Ohyohyohyo~") from the crepe cafe. 

"Leader," Nayeon reported, amused. "Things didn't go too well for Little Red Riding Hood at the vet and is running away... with her tail between her legs, over."

"Based on our observations, the subject is unable to make head nor tail of the fact that the veterinarian is intended for real animals only, over." 

"The cub has a weakness, if I may add," Nayeon piped up. "Squeezing her ears causes her to turn tail and run." 

"That's enough fooling around Jeongyeon, Nayeon. We have gathered sufficient information about the girl. Time's a wasting. Make sure Son Chaeyoung receives her...little present." 

"Roger, Leader!" 

.....

Chaeyoung was sulky now. Not only did she not manage to make any progress, she got chased by some lady going "Ohyohyohyo". 

"Even Minari doesn't squeeze my ears..." She pouted, her ears drooping slightly. 

She decided to treat herself to an iced coffee before trying again elsewhere. Just then, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to face two older girls clad in classy suits. Oh, they must be salespeople.

"Excuse me, miss!" Jeongyeon spoke boldly. "Can I interest you with our latest product?" 

"Oh my, such a stunningly pretty lady!" Nayeon spoke in an exaggerated manner as well. "Our latest tail removal juice, 6mix, will be perfect for you!"

"Um, t-tail removal?"

Chaeyoung wasn't sure if she wanted to admit to salespeople that her tail was real. 

"Yes!" Nayeon continued to pressure the cub. "6 delicous, natural, unsweented juices in 6 lovely bottles! Just one dose a day and... Viola! Like magic you are cured!" 

It was a tempting offer. She hadn't had much success with doctors, and the thought of encountering another Sana made her shudder. 

"I..." 

"No need to be shy!" Jeongyeon was inching closer to the cub, moving the perfume-like bottles to her face. "You wouldn't want to pass on a purrfect deal would you?"

"That was so funny!" Chaeyoung giggled, her doubt easing slightly. 

"6mix always got your back, comrade." 

"Bunch of No-jams." Nayeon snorted inwardly, clearly jealous

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chaeyoung admired the exquisite bottles while riding the train home. She wasn't certain they'd work, but nonetheless she felt increasingly hopeful. She couldn't wait to return to Mina, 'human' and healthy.

She gazed out of the window and noticed that the sky was overcast, and was getting darker quickly. The morning news had forecasted a large storm to approach in the evening, she recalled. It was also said that it would last through the night. 

Did Minari bring an umbrella? Chaengie wondered to herself. Minari never had the habit of leaving her house prepared for rainy weather. I should walk her home, Chaengie thought. 

...

Pitter-patter. Pitter-patter. Rain began to fall from the sky. Headlights from oncoming traffic highlighted the raindrops as they hit the tarmac-surfaced roads. Adults passed Chaeyoung by as they hurried their children donned in ponchos along, anxious to get them home before the monsoon hit the town hard.

By the time she had arrived at the school gates, the downpour had kicked in, though the storm had not. Most of the students had already gone home, leaving the school feeling eeriee without the presence of its usual population. 

Chaeyoung spotted the familiar face she had came for. 

"Minari!" 

Little Red Riding Hood sprinted up to the older girl and stopped inches in front of her. Momentarily forgetting about the rain, she let go of her umbrella, letting it fall to the ground.

And leaned in to give Mina a kiss.

"Stay together with me tonight, Minari!"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I had to make a few edits towards the end of the story. x:

Writing and proofreading right before bed is a bad, bad idea guys. And I took away the 'members only' thingy. *cool signs*

Thanks for reading! :