A Rather Uncomic, Seemingly Ordinary, but Much Needed Introduction That Precedes the Ensued Chaos Which Follows

I'm an Animal for You

"M-Mina unnie."

Chaeyoung shot her arms towards the older girl and pushed the handwritten confession into her hands. 

"P-please go out with me!"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chaeyoung couldn't be happier. ("I did it momma!" She squealed as she burst into the house. "Yah! You'll break the door!") Nothing was going to ruin this glorious moment for her. Not even when her wrinkled, senile neighbour, Granny JYP, violently hurled a broomstick at the smol cub who was bouncing home to share the good news. Not even when her brother didn't seem to think it was good news. ("You were gay too!?")

Chaeyoung made her way to the bathroom and examined herself in the mirror. Her face was lightly flushed and her large eyes were still dancing with excitement. She hadn't realised it, but she had been wearing a silly grin the whole time. Embarrassed by what she saw, she hurriedly cupped her face and tried to calm herself. She knew she was being immature, getting so worked up over confessing to Mina. She had been working up the courage to say the words for weeks, and even then the poor girl was shaking as she fumbled on her simple confession. Initially, she had planned to confess by telling Mina 10 things that she admired about the older girl, or perhaps even attempt to express her love with a poem, but changed her mind when she wasn't feeling any more confident even after practicing in front of the mirror.

.....

"Keep it short and sweet!" Her best friend Dahyun had adviced. "I know you want it to be perfect, but all Mina really wants is something that's sincere from you!"

"Yeah," Momo parroted, munching carelessly on some carrots. "Mina's a simple girl. That's all she needs." 

"Are those carrots mine unnie?" 

"Yeah, you've got like nothing else in your fridge. Your house is really pathetic Chaeng."

"I'm still so nervous...what if she says no?" Chaeyoung looked down at her feet and wriggled her toes. She was on the verge of tears. 

"Oh no, don't cry Chaeng.." Dahyun pulled Chaeyoung into a hug. "It'll work out.. I promise! We all know that Mina's practically head over heels for you!"

"Yeah, she's been eye- you Chaeng, real hard. I've seen it. She would eat you Chaengie, you best be prepared."

"Eh... Like the way you look at Dahyun, unnie?"

"Why you little-"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chaeyoung carefully lowered herself into the tub and closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation of the bathwater and steam enveloping her. Her thoughts drifted towards her two best friends and the feverent support they had given her; it made her feel warm and comforted. She loved them very much. They knew her best, and they took very good care of her (even Momo). 

Well, if it weren't for them Chaeyoung wouldn't have met Mina in the first place. 

It was about a year ago when Momo introduced Mina to the group, after the two Japanese girls had met in the school library. The group welcomed the new girl and they hit it off immediately. What's not to like about Mina after all? She's kind, well-mannered, gentle and intelligent. Her black, shoulder-length hair complemented her beautiful facial features. Her gummy smile showed a cheeky side of her. It's no wonder Chaeyoung found herself falling for Mina. 

When Chaeyoung was done with her bath, she got up to prepare for bed. She wanted to have an early night; she was going on a date with Mina the next morning. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

From: Mina unnie <3 @ 8:57a.m.

Morning chaengie ^^ 

I was looking forward to today so much I could barely catch my Z's. Hehehe...anyways, I'll be coming by in 15 minutes, see you then! 

Yours truly,

Minari senpai 

.....

"Neither could I, Mina unnie." Chaeyoung chuckled lightly and hastily sent a reply to her favourite unnie.

She hopped out of bed and put on the outfit she had prepared the night before. It was a white top with some frills and a pastel coloured skirt that she rarely wore, except on special occasions. She made her way to the living room and saw that her brother was already up; his eyes glued to the action-packed show on the television screen. 

Chaeyoung gulped. She hoped things wouldn't be too awkward between them after he had found out she was into girls. 

"G-good morning brother!" She tried to greet him enthusiatically. His response however, was cold.

"Pfft...what's with the getup, Son Chaeyoung," He chortled mockingly. "Did your beloved Mina unnie make you wear this?"

Chaeyoung was taken aback. She felt both discouraged and humiliated by his response. 

"My clothes are fine the way they are!" She stormed off in a huff, but her brother continued to guffaw heartlessly.

.....

"Dummy!" She fumed, as she stomped into her room, visibly affected by her brother's unkind behaviour. "And its one of my prettiest clothes too!" She stopped in front of the mirror to look at herself. She sighed. Maybe she could do her hair differently instead. Or, she could hide those ears sticking out from atop her head. She wouldn't want to be seen in pu-

"Eh?" She instinctively reached up to grab one.

It's rude to cut Author-nim off when he's talking Chaeyoung. 

"But.. I didn't put this on last night." She pulled at it. Owww. It hurt. 

Of course it does. Its yours, see. You grew them. They're your ears. 

"N-no way!!" Chaeyoung cried out. 

Exasperated, the smol cub tugged at the white, tabby-like ears once again. 

"Oww!" 

Silly girl. Were you even listening to a word I said? These ears are yo-

"How did something like that happen..." She sobbed, defeated. "Mina unnie's coming in 15 minutes too..."

That was 15 minutes ago smolbean.

Dingdong! 

"ohmygawdalreadymina!?" She spun around frantically, causing her tail to smack against her side.

I think it's a good time to mention that you have a tail as well? 

"It-it's not funnnny!"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Nah. Chaeyoung isn't breaking the 4th wall. She can't hear me. 

The next chapter might take a week to complete, and I apologise for the long wait. I'll be travelling this weekend so yay me.

Dahmo will be featured as couple, yes. However I won't be focusing on them much. Chaeng will remain as the main protagonist in this fic so if anything, it's gonna be Michaeng. 

On a final note, I'd like to say once again that I've never written a fic before so if you do have any comments or feedback or maybe even questions, feel free to throw them in my face because I'll gladly take them all, be it constructive or otherwise. If you're enjoying the story so far, please upvote, subscribe and look forward to the next update!  

Thanks for reading :>!