double trouble

Through the HELL

DOUBLE TROUBLE 
It was a chilly night when Hongbin stepped out of his clinic and headed towards home. He stopped on the way when he reached into a familiar territory, remembering his old memories when he used to come to this familiar place to release all his stress. River Han where he had his first kiss, first date, and first break up. He used to come here to scream "how life ,how everything was traumatic", then stand on the edge of the rail of bridge. Whenever he tried to jump off, he found dying really scary and go back to live life cause he always found dealing with problems easier than jumping off of the railing. He was wandering along the bridge and stopped when he saw something similar, someone was standing on the top of railing like him but that person looked ready ready to jump off. After this long tiring day, the last thing he wants to witness is someone's death or suicide. Careful not to provoke or starlet the person, he walks tip toeing towards this man but the man already aware of his presence demands him to not come any closer or he will jump. Then he looks at the man tall, skinny blond hair, wide back and young around his age. 
Ah, Wtf? Now is not the time, he pulls himself back to this unbelievable reality, where he might get to witness someone's death for first time in his 24 years long life in river Han, too. Among all the firsts he had in river Han, the last first he expected. It might sound crazy but he knew, he was going to be dumped that day still he decided to end everything where it started. He thought that was worst first. But looks like he survived that first to experience this first. Thinking of ways or things to get the man on ground he starts wreaking his brain. When he couldn't come up with anything he just blurted out "excuse me, man in black shii, soon to be dead in sea." And started cringing at what he said.
"It's not sea, it's river and 
DEAD?
l would be, if I got lucky but since you found me,the chances are slim because you will interrupt, even though it's none of your business, right? "The man replied to his surprise. 
"Can't live in peace and can't even die in peace" the man mutters but clearly enough for hongbin to hear. 
"You could have died in peace, if hadn't interrupted my peace. now, I should get revenge on you by not letting you die in peace" hongbin replied with his casual voice and evil smile. 
"Ha ha ha" the man laughed hollow and humorless laugh. "Stop me if you can" man replied with smirk.
Hongbin dialing phone to police station replies
 "JUMP if you can,
Do you think you can? Do you think it worth dying, whatever you are going through, worth DYING as fish food in this cold WATER in RIVER HAN. Wow, what a stupid way to die?
DUH? Is it worth your life? All this dramatic death."
He hoped cops would grasp on to the situation and come for help. 
No wonder he loves animals, they are much more easier to deal with and never are suicidal. He knows it. since, he is a vet after all but Humans they are complicated even though they are also animals, social animals which is not his speciality not anywhere near his favorite species. But until cops come to help, he will have to engage this specific social animal in some kind of conversation and stop him.
"Worth? Life? You know even prisoners who are death sentenced get to fulfill their last wish" The man replies exhaling a long breathe.
"Yeah so?" Damn he can never understand this being called human being. He should have learned one or two things when his  counselor hyung hakyeon used to talk about stopping suicidal people emergency measures and all, on and on till he became deaf. He should have listened to him instead of blowing him off. He feels regretful but it can't be helped now, can it? 
"So can you listen to my last wish even though we are strangers for the sake of humanity?" Man asked clam and casual as if he was asking for Bill in restaurant after a meal. 
"So what is your last wish? leave you alone for the sake of humanity so population decreases after you die and some one else will get your job and Eco balance and stuff?" Hongbin tried his best to make the sentence long to buy enough time but damn! Is he really doomed in this hopeless situation? If not police than hakyeon could help. "Hyung ,emergency river Han" he messages to annoying N Aunty fast. (Yes that what he saved Hakyeon's caller id as.)
"No, ha ha ha" again hollow laugh but this time there is little humor barely detectable or hongbin just imagined it to relax his nerves, which is killing him right now. 
"Listen to me sing for last time. I lived singing, I lived for singing and I want to die singing. Please don't ignore this dying man's wish."
"Oh please don't act like you are a poor thing, when m the one who will have suffer endless nightmares after this, as I m going to be the one listening you sing and watch you die" hongbin snapped.
"Oh, then you won't" the man tried to jump.
"Noo, no, no I'll listen. If you die without singing then you ghost will come to sing to me for the rest of my life" Chills running down his spine, sweat flowing down his forehead like water of Han river beneath him, hongbin spits all these words fast.
"Oh, thank you gentlemen" blond starts singing the famous balled song by singer jaewhan his celebrity crush. Hongbin knew him before he made debut when the singer came to his school festival to sing. He sang like nightingale and blew all his senses but a sudden realization hits him and his blood starts running cold. This man! he is not only singing jaewhan' song, he also sounds like jaewhan. Before he could say anything the man jumps. 
"What the hell are you doing?"Someone from behind him run past him and grabbed the man just in time. 
"Don't just stand there come help me."
"Jae Jaewhan " hongbin rushed to grab the man and as usual police always shows up last after all drama. 
Stupid cops
They arrived with full sirens and lighting. "Who called police? let me die,let go off me. I would rather die than suffer another humiliation." Now, hongbin can clearly see it, his suspicion is real! the man who he is pulling with all his might, who is whining like child in this situation is his crush jaewhan. Police helped them get jaewhan to safety. "Plz, plz, let me die " jaewhan is crying and going crazy even when he is saved. 
Hongbin feels so angry, he slaps the elder and start screaming "you coward, just because of little slump, you are throwing away your life. So what you can't perform for anyone? So what you can't sing for people in stage? You can still sing for yourself. If people won't listen to you then it's their loss. Why are you trying to destroy yourself? Have you ever tried to listen to yourself, you own song that has help tons of people get over their problems ? If your song doesn't touch you then, that's right you don't deserve to be on stage. You have no right to sing dying or while you are alive." Jaewhan break down and crumbles apart. He has now toned down. Police tries to take him to hospital after he suddenly becomes sobbing statue not reacting to anything. But hongbin stops them "you can't take him. His career will me doomed. I'll take him to Doctor, plz don't make a ruckus hongbin pleads."
But police don't agree with him and try to take jaewhan but just in time, hakyeon the savior arrives with a tall pale little intimidating man. He starts arguing with police quickly grasping the situation, claiming he is a psychologist and jaewhan is his patient so,let him take jaewhan. Police don't agree with him and still try to take jaewhan away and the intimidating man comes between.
"You can be charged for being a threat in a doctor's work. This man here is dr.cha's responsibility so, you should leave him with us, as we are his guardians." Intimidating man speaks in cold but surprisingly in high pitched, soft voice.
"Oh what kind of guardian let their responsibility almost die? "One of the police man snaps at them. 
Unfazed, intimidating man replies "we are responsible for what happened earlier. so, let us fix this or else I'll just have to sue you. I'm his lawyer and legally your work here ended when we arrived.so, please let us leave with him. "
"Hey, let's go now since, his doctor and lawyer has arrived. our work here is done" the other police pulls him away. The police mans thanks hongbin and other boy, who apparently looks like a high schooler for being diligent citizens and offer the boy ride to home which the boy declines.
After Police took down all of their details and phone number and left saying they will contact if required.He found out the other high schooler's  name is Han sanghyuk. His first time meeting someone with Han surname in river Han. He found himself laughing on this joke, in this out of nowhere situation. Are you alright lee shi? Younger asked him with worried tone. Yeah, I was just taken aback little. "Yeah laugh while you can cause when the cops find We lied. we won't be laughing for rest of our life." Hakyeon says to hongbin. 
Before hongbin can say anything he is interrupted by the male who is sobbing on the ground. "Thank you and sorry for causing discomfort "
"It's okay but are you okay?" Intimidating male asks jaewhan softly to which jaewhan only nods. 
"Of course, he should be after all, almighty cha hakyeon came to his rescue in the middle of my counseling session with my patient." Obnoxious psychologist continues just to be interrupted. 
"The gentleman here is your patient?"young boy asks.
"Yup" hakyeon nods. 
"Since when did you start counseling a lawyer. How come you never talk about him to me? " when all you do is blabber all the Time we meet about your idol patient, an announcer patient and recently a soccer player patient but never heard of lawyer patient? hongbin asks to hakyeon who replies "Cause he isn't a lawyer"
"What?" Hongbin is baffled.
"I lied. "Tiny voice replies.
"He is Jung Leo and for privacy's sake plz, don't ask other information." Hakyeon says.
They are all startled when jaewhan' phone starts ringing but jaewhan who has gone statue, doesn't bother with it. hakyeon answer it instead.
As soon as he picks up the call, other person starts rambling "Where the are you hyung? I was so worried. Are you alright? I heard everything how they framed you and are trying to dispose of you. If they..."
Hakyeon interrupts "excuse me, who might you be?
I'm Ravi. where is my hyung? This is his cell phone right? Is he alright?
Hakyeon explains the situation and ask the man to come to take his hyung in hakyeon's clinic and gives him the address.
After the call ended he looks to hongbin and says "Don't worry, you suffered a lot.You are really tired, right? Go home I'll take care of the rest dosaeng-ah. We will talk about everything tomorrow, okay. Dosaeng-ah."
"Thank you, hyung " hongbin watches hakyeon leave with jaewhan and Leo in his car.
He wanted to go with hakyeon but he had enough of fill for one day which hakyeon probably knew so he left without him. Hakyeon had always looked after him. He always came to pick him up here when he was young and foolish, he consulted him whenever he felt suicidal but today, hakyeon picked up someone else instead of him because he won't be causing anymore trouble for hakyeon.
He turned around and found the boy still there.
"It's late what were you doing here kiddo?" He asked the boy. Sanghyuk suddenly look sad. "I well.. Can I not answer you question?Lee shi" boy replied bitting his lips. "Sure, if you don't want to answer and just call me hyung what's with lee shi." 
"Okay lee sh....hyung."
"Not lee hyung," say "hongbin hyung"
"Ok hongbin hyung" this time sanghyuk succeeds without stammering. 
"That's better Hyuk-ah, I'll call you that, Okay? Hyukah? hongbin asks
"Sure, hyung" sanghyuk answers.
"Its too late let me take you home" hongbin offer the kid
"Thank you hyung" Hyuk accepts gratefully 
As they walk silently and awkwardly. Finally sanghyuk break the silence "hyung, I was there before you arrived but yet, I did nothing and just watched cause I was waiting waiting for my turn to jump after that person." He breaks into cry " it was horrible of me, hyung but you all called me brave and good. when I was not good or brave. "
Just when he thought all drama was over he is presented with another drama. 
Life is amazing 
Hongbin sighs and hugs the younger, soothing his back " it's alright, you're good and brave. You didn't let him die. You caught him on time and didn't let go off his hand while I was frozen. just happens sometimes. It's ok to just watch and do nothing but when required you were there."
After sometime when Hyuk claimed down. Hongbin drop him to his house. He could not ask the boy, why he wanted to die? But he was worried. So, he gave Hyuk his business card and told him to visit his clinic tomorrow. 
" vet clinic, um I m not a animal, hyung. Don't worry, I won't do anything stupid." Hyuk said.
"You're also a animal, social animal. Are you saying you won't come?" Hongbin asked.
"No, it's just I don't want to be a burden  ... " when Hyuk is about to finish his sentence, a woman comes out of house. 
Hyuk, where were you until, now? You know, mom was really worried about you. You didn't went to your lessons and when I came to pick you up, you weren't there. The woman finally noticed hongbin and asked "who is he?"
Hongbin replied for Hyuk "Hello, I'm lee hongbin. Sanghyuk is my junior and I was just helping him with carrier choices." Hongbin lied cause the woman looked really worried and he wanted to ease her a bit which worked as she sighed in relief.
"Hyuk, you should have called me. I was really worried and what happened to your cell phone, it was not connecting." Woman asked Hyuk.
Mom, let's talk about this inside. It's late and cold outside. Hyuk said and turned to hongbin and mumbled good bye and rushed inside.
Hongbin replied "you can drop by tomorrow in clinic. I don't mind helping."
Hyuk's mom looked at hongbin and told him to come in for some tea but hongbin politely rejected and bid her good bye.
He reached his apartment.He finally found some peace and laid in bed. He had a long day, today. He washed and went to bed after making a mental note to call hakyeon first thing in morning.