Ticket for a Date

Carpe Diem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sounds that the keyboard was making was echoing to the whole quite room. Lights are off, and the only one was on was the room of research and development department. A certain woman named Bae Joohyun was busy on finishing a report that will be pass on the next week.

 

"Miss Bae, aren't you going home?" A woman who was under the team of Irene asked. Irene was a head of Research and Development Department. Everyone get envy of her because in young age she was able to achieve a certain place. Everyone respects her too, they know that she was kind, but a workaholic woman.

 

"You can go Luna." Irene smile to the woman, and the latter bid her goodbye. Now, Irene was left alone in the empty room. All she can hear were the click of the keyboard, tick of the clock and her own breathing. Despite leaving alone and supporting herself, Irene doesn't know why she was working hard like she was supporting a whole family of her own.

 

Maybe she was just denying it, of course she know exactly why she was here. Seated in a swivel chair, facing a computer and holding a mouse instead of someone's hands. People of her age currently dating with their own lover now, but her was still on the shades of the break up she had. A long time lover who break things  a week before their supposed to be wedding day. 

 

Still, she wonder what she did wrong, she wonder how could the other woman end things with her like they never share many years together. Since high school they started dating, and yet the other woman ended things without any guilt in her.

 

She look at her desk, the two picture frame that were there was now only one. It's only a picture of her family. Her picture with her ex wasn't there anymore. It's been 10 months to be exact, but still she find it hard to get used that the other woman wasn't living with her anymore. It's already 10 months yet she still feel that the apartment was too big for her. That she need her, it was still her.

 

"Damn it!" She curse as she look at the finish report. It doesn't make sense anymore and she doesn't know why she even doing this, how cone she still living when the moment she left her, she was dead.

 

 

"Joy!!" Joy rolled her eyes, here comes her loud best friend. She ignore the girl and continue reading her book. She was now in a cafe, they just finished an exam, and she decided to drop by to her favorite coffee shop. She was now reviewing for another exam for tomorrow and here is her best friend ruining her mood.

 

"Yah! I told you I will study! Why are you even here?" Joy was annoyed to her best friend but it seems Jung Yerin doesn't care.  "Oh really? I know you are here because of the barista. Well Chaeyoung was beautiful. It's a yes for me." Yerin smile showing her eye smile and a thumbs up. Joy face palm because of how loud Yerin is. She pull the other girl beside her and hit her head.

 

"You idiot! You're too loud. What if Chaeyoung heard? Plus I told you I stop crushing on her after seeing her with the Thailander." Joy explain, but Yerin wasn't buying it. "Oh really? You are not type of person OUCH!" She hit her again because of her big mouth.

 

"Could you just shut up? Why can't you just believe  me? Plus why are you even here? Can you leave me alone and stay near the counter. You are here because of that SinB girl. Go there and let me study." Joy pushes Yerin out of the sit, and the other girl glare at her. Yerin left her and went to the counter to talk to another barista named SinB. Joy sigh and look at her bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter