-2-

Who won?

As an apology for ignoring me after calling me the last time I hang around in his dorm, Hyuk called me again and asked me to hang out with him alone in a cafe near his agency. He promised to treat me, that’s the main reason I agreed to see him.

 

“One hot original latte and one hot vanilla latte.” He helped me order.

 

“You still remember my order?” I asked amusedly.

 

He grinned at me. “I’m your best friend, am I not?”

 

“Yes, whatever makes you happy, mister.”

 

We sat down after having our orders.

 

“Hyuna-ah,” Hyuk called me cautiously. “Sorry for last time. I got carried away with composing and ignored you.”

 

I sipped my Latte and shrugged. “It’s okay. I had fun at the end anyway.”

 

“Yeah but with Hakyeon Hyung and Taekwoon Hyung and not me.” he said sourly

 

“Hey, who ignore who first?” I protested.

 

“I know, I know. I’m sorry.”

 

“I’m not mad.”

 

“That too, I know. But Hakyeon Hyung was.”

 

I tilted my head and looked at him. Silently asking him to elaborate.

 

“After you left with Taekwoon Hyung, right after I had finished dinner and was about to continue composing with Wonshik Hyung, I got neck chopped by the almighty Cha Hakyeon. Why? He said, because I invited a friend over and ignored her.”

 

I laughed. “You deserved it! I should text hakyeon oppa saying my gratitude.” and I laughed harder when I saw his disagree face. He just so adorable. I swore I would never get bored of that face.

 

“But, Hyuna-ah. You do realize Hyung’s feeling towards you right? Hakyeon Hyung never let anyone in when he’s reading, and yet he let you in.”

 

I sighed. This was something I would prefer not to discuss. I nodded.

 

“And the other one? The one who never show his work to others before it is approved by the producer and yet you got to hear it first.”

 

“I hang out with you all too often that I understand every each one of you like my own siblings, don’t I ?”

 

“What are you going to do then?”

 

“You know all of you guys mean a lot to me. All Oppas are like the Oppas I never had.” Except you, Hyuk-ah. I always wanted more with you. I added in my head.

 

He nodded. “That’s why I ask you, what would you do?”

 

I shrugged. How come you are so dense, Sanghyuk-ah? We’ve been together since the elementary school, and I was the one who encourage you to audition to be an idol. Tears threatened to stream down my face.

 

Silence. It was there for I did not how long but long enough to feel awkward.

 

“I’m sorry, Hyuna-ah. I make it awkward, didn’t I?”

 

I kept silent. I was unsure of what to say nor did I trust my voice not to break.

 

“Hyuna-ah, hyungs are very important to me, you know it right?” he asked while looking at me. His face shows nothing but seriousness.

 

I did not reply as I knew it well. Hyuk had been telling me this since his debut. He was so glad to find five hyungs to color his life.

 

“Hyuna-ah, I actually don’t want to say this, but it’s been in my head since we realize Hyungs’ feeling. Let’s say I beg you, Hyuna-ah. Please… whatever your choice is, please don’t hurt our Hyungs.”

 

I couldn’t believe he said that. Did my best friend not trust me ? Why did he think I will hurt anybody?

 

“Sorry, Hyuk-ah.” I stood up and tried to force a smile. “I just remember I had something to do, I’ll be going first. See you next time. Thank you for the treat.”

 

With that I left a confused Hyuk in the Cafe.