Chapter Four

Fangirl Fridays

Thursday was decided to be a lazy day. That morning, Nik and Aaron went down to the gym for an easy workout then ran down the street to grab breakfast for everyone. When they got back, Lily and Briley were huddled on of the couches under a comforter watching the newest drama from Siwon. They paused it when they saw food.

 

“OUR HERO!” Briley said as she happily took her plate from Nik.

 

After everyone ate, Nik put everything away and excused herself to go take a shower. She came out a half hour later to find her friends and son bawling at whatever had just happened with Siwon. She laughed to herself as she checked her phone from the other couch. As soon as she heard the closing credits playing, Nik leaped onto Lily and Briley’s laps. “Oh look, the drama’s over! We should watch some of the VLives and Instagram stories so we actually have something to post tonight.”

 

“Do you ever stop going?” Briley asked, trying to dislodge her friend from her lap.

 

“No,” Aaron answered flatly.

 

“Well excuse me for enjoying our hobby,” Nik laughed as she fought to stay in Lily and Briley’s laps.

 

“How are we supposed to set up to film if you stay in our laps?” Lily asked, finally finding the Texan’s ticklish spot. She stood triumphantly when Nik rolled away from her and completely onto their other friend. Briley groaned as Lily ran free to set up for the recording.

 

When Lily returned, Nik was seated beside Briley and pulled Lily to sit in her lap, wrapping both arms around her before she could get away. “Aaron, push play and then come sit with us,” Nik instructed. When everyone was situated and the camera was recording, Nik turned to the camera. “This week has been absolutely crazy so far.”

 

“And K-Con doesn’t even start until tomorrow,” Lily continued.

 

“Yesterday we went to see Beetlejuice!” Aaron yelled.

 

“And today, we will be doing reactions.” Briley finished.

 

“So I think everyone knows the lineup for the concerts, right?” Nik asked.

 

“Saturday night, we will get to see Stray Kids, my daughters Pristin, Winner, VIXX, and F.T. Island,” Lily informed everyone.

 

Briley added, “And Sunday we will see KARD, Oh My Girl, ToppDogg, 100%,”

 

“AND SHINHWA!!!” everyone shouted excitedly.

 

“So most of the groups are already here in New York and have been posting on VLive,” Lily started again.

 

“And since we have been so busy preparing for our little get together, we haven’t had time to watch any of them yet,” Nik said.

 

“So we are going to watch all of them now,” Briley said.

 

“Be prepared for some serious fangirling!” Lily smiled wickedly.

 

“Hey, and fanboying! I’m here, too!” Aaron stuck his tongue out at the girls and then snuggled farther into his seat between Nik and Briley’s legs on the floor.

 

“Of course,” Briley said, leaning down to pet Aaron’s head. He nuzzled into her pets for a moment and then they started again. “So let’s go!” and Lily opened the VIXX VLive.

 

They recorded reacting to all of the videos, having to stop and change batteries once. Nearly three and a half hours later, they had watched every video from every artist that had posted.

 

“We promise, we watched every video,” Nik said as they turned to face the cameras again. “All three plus hours. However, we only showed a small part that had either our favorite parts of their lives or just where we were being really stupid.”

 

“The video would be way too long for us to post everything,” Briley added.

 

“In the future, we will post our full reactions to a few of the videos,” Lily promised.

 

“But for now,” Aaron said.

 

“Thank you for watching! We love you!” they said together then turned off the recording.

 

“That was soooo long,” Briley yawned and stretched in her seat.

 

“No joke. So what do you think, the openings from each artist and then go back and put some of the funniest parts in?” Nik asked.

 

“Sounds good to me,” Lily agreed.

 

Another two hours passed and it was already starting to get dark, yet they hadn’t eaten lunch or supper. “Foooooood,” Lily begged as soon as they pushed the upload button.

 

“I agree. Would y’all rather order in or go out?”

 

“In,” Briley and Lily said in unison.

 

They perused the delivery menus and settled on pizza. Half an hour later, the delivery man was dropping off two large pizzas. They ate their fill and then finished off the cake they had brought home the night before.

 

“I hate to be the bearer of bad news,” Nik started. Both of her friends groaned before she continued, “but there are still things to finish for our thing on Saturday.” The others whined.

 

“What happened to a lazy day?” Briley pouted but then smiled as Nik handed over what was left of her slice of cake.

 

“Activities don’t start until noon, but we’ll want to line up early so that we get in first. We probably need to leave around 8 to get a good spot in line.” Lily explained. The others had never been to KCon before, even though everyone had been into KPop for years. “So what all needs to be done before Saturday morning?”

 

“We need to finish the decorations,” Nik started listing. “We need to get a case of water and a cooler. They have ice here, so we can fill the cooler up that morning. The photo area needs to be set up. Finishing touches on the dresses. We could probably go ahead and stage everything other than the cameras that need to be charged.”

 

“Okay, well Lily and I will go get supplies while you finish the dresses, and then we can finish everything else together. Aaron, want to go with us?”

 

And like that, they worked together until nearly midnight to get everything finished.