Enter: Ha Dong Hoon

Summer Rain

The hallways were filled with chattering school girls, all laughing and whispering loudly. A visitor to the school might think it was special occasion, but actually such behavior was the norm. In the center of the crowd was a group of boys, all of them clad in their uniforms. One in particular had decided to  spruce his up a bit, the white collar was pulled up, and one diamond earring sparkled in his ear. Sunglasses perched coolly from his nose as he strolled nonchalantly with his friends.

     "Ladies please, one at a time. There's enough Ha Ha to go around!"

A few doors down, two girls were coming out of study hall. One was short, with curly brown hair that she kept in a ponytail, and the other was slightly taller, with noticeably brown skin and long hair. The two best friends came to a halt when they saw the commotion in the hallway.

     "Not this again," the taller one muttered in annoyance

     "Eun Kyo, look! It's Dong Hoon! He's picking out his dates for the weekend," Soo Mi exclaimed. Each time the boy would stop in front of a huddle of girls, they would burst out into a fit of giggles. Occasionally, Ha Ha would throw them a half smile and wink. Soo Mi sighed. Eun Kyo rolled her eyes.

     "I wish he would just hurry up and pick so we could get to the cafeteria," Eun Kyo said, "oh, nevermind. Let's take the back stairs." Soo Mi threw a wistful look back before joining her friend. Song Eun Kyo was probably the only girl in school who wasn't taken by Dong Hoon's charms. She didn't laugh at his jokes, she barely looked at him. "Honestly, I just don't get what everyone sees in him," the pretty student exclaimed, as they walked down each flight, "he's loud, he's rude and obnoxious, and his hairstyles are completely ridiculous."

"No, that's just what you see. Haha is much more than that. He's funny, he's cool, really cute, and guess who has a date with him next Saturday night." Soo Mi declared, coyly twirling a lock of brown hair. They both stopped on the last two stairs; the other's eyes widened in shock. Apparently her friend had also been caught up in the wave that was Dong Hoon. Was she the only one who could see him for what he really was?

"I got a date with the most popular boy in school, can you believe it? Out of all the girls in class he picked me! See, look here." The enthusiastic teenager pointed to her earlobe where a shiny diamond twinkled. "This is what Haha gave me as a token of his affection. Isn't it great?

So that's where the other one went. Eun Kyo remembered seeing Haha with the one stud; she just thought it was another one of his silly fashion fads.

"Soo Mi, ya, I thought your dad wouldn't let you get your ears pierced til you were 18. What's he gonna say when he sees it?"

The tiny brunette covered her ear with one hand. She hadn't thought of that. She was already in trouble for falling 10 places in the last test ranking; one more slip up, and it could mean off to boarding school. "I'll just keep it hidden from him until my next birthday."

"All summer?"

"It could work!" The teenagers laughed as they strolled arm-in-arm into the school cafeteria.