Way Back Home

Hyukb'in da Haus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Way Back Home Genre/Rating: PG15, Sad, (failed)Angst, Domestic
Short Description: Prompt took from here. (1710 words)
Warnings: mpreg, car accident

 

Sanghyuk stood still in front of this familiar porch that belongs – or maybe belonged – to his home. It has been four years long. Four years of being lost, and now that he has finally found his way back home he wasn’t so sure anymore if everything would be the same. He stared down at the welcome board hung in front of the wooden door, the 7 letters only adding his insecurity. He could just turn back and leave. But his feet stood still, his heart telling him to man up and press the doorbell already.

Sanghyuk lifts up his hand, his index finger rested on the doorbell, not putting any force to push the button just yet. He took a deep breath to calm himself and closed his eyes, his fingers finally pressing the button as he exhales his worry. A second later he could hear hurried footsteps could from the inside, the person is probably running to open the door for him. Sanghyuk’s heart almost jumped when the door creaks open. Much to his surprise, a child – probably around 3 – came out to answer the door. The child lifts his head to see the face of the tall stranger in front of his house.

“Hello ahjussi, who are you looking for?” The kid asked.
(Ahjussi: a respectful way of addressing an older man, usually with a big )

His big doe eyes were looking directly to Sanghyuk’s eyes. They were full of curiosity. Sanghyuk stared back. He was drawn to the child’s deep brown orbs. Sharp yet so warm, it felt very familiar. The child looks like him.

 

He looks just like Hongbin.

 

Sanghyuk does not answer. He could not. His mind went back to the stormy night when he was driving his way back home. The thunders were roaring and the large raindrops were loud as they hit the surface of his car, the wipers swiping left and right in a fast motion that you would not notice the blades on the front glass. Sanghyuk had turned the headlights on. But it only illuminated the fine lines of the raindrops that blurred out his view on the dark winding streets of the hill.

Sanghyuk was driving carefully when he received a call, it was connected to the car’s audio. He didn’t bother to check the caller when his thumb pressed the answer button on the steering wheel.

“Hello?” Sanghyuk greeted.

“Hyogie!” Sanghyuk’s face lit up immediately on his nickname. It was the voice that he longed most the entire week for his business trip.

“Yes, hun?” He lulled.

“Are you almost home yet?” Asked the caller in a nasal tone.

“I’ll be home in 45 minutes, I guess?”

“What do you mean by “I guess” because I have something exciting to tell you.” Sanghyuk could imagine the pout his spouse made on the other side of the phone call. He chuckled, “Oh, what is it?”

“If I tell you now it won’t be a surprise. Come here and see it yourself! Hurry~ I miss you already.” The caller said almost whining.

“Okay, okay! I get it. I miss you too, hun. See you in a while!”

He could hear a ‘yay’ before the call was ended.

Sanghyuk’s heart was spread with warmth. The foolish smile stuck on his lips since he received the call and as he drove through the night.

 

His happiness didn’t last long when a bright light blinded his eyes, Sanghyuk panicked. He turned his steering wheel left to the opposing street, his tires screeching when an impact was made on a side of his car. The airbag was activated when his car was pushed down the hill, rolling and tumbling through the rocks before his body was thrown out of the seat. His eyes were half-lidded as he lied there motionless and in pain. He wasn’t sure if his clothing was soaked with his own blood or the rainwater when he smelled cooper.

Then Sanghyuk heard a loud bang, his ears were ringing, and his shady sight saw the blaring red meters away to where the collided vehicles were from where he was laying. Everything turns black after.

When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter