Korean War AU

Help Me Choose My Next Story?

 

Nominee 3/4  -  Korean War AU


 

 

Genre: War, Drama, Historical, Romance(?)
Warnings: Grafic descriptions of battlefields
and probably psychologically triggering situations.
Length:
Could be a two-shot or a short chaptered fic (5 chapters)
Pairing: Originally JongKey, possibly JongTae or even 2min in the end

 

Synopsis:

Set during the time of the Korean war, Kibum is an intelectual, moreover a poet at university who has yet to enlist to the military. Due to the political situation after almost two years of conflict, every male from 18 to 40 has to join the military immediatly - Kibum being one of them. He has this heroic illusion of war which is fueled by the stories and writing he has read durring his literature studies. But this illusion is destroyed when he is sent to the front.

Jonghyun has been a soldier for the Korean military for over two years, figthing for the freedom of their country. He comes from a poor family, and joining the army had been his highest chance of surviving the war without starving.

The two meet in the same division, Kibum taking over the sleeping spot of Jonghyun's passed collegue.

After seeing the horror on the battlefield which is not the heroic image he had gotten from the books, but a bloodbath, Kibum has a hard time to cope, holding onto Jonghyun who pretends to be alright but is bothered by it just as much as Kibum is.

The older feels like he has to protect the younger from the pychological burden that he was already carrying, wishing that no one else would need to go through what he had experienced in the last two years.

 


 

A/N

This story would need much more research than the others, but I am more than willing to sit down and get as much knowledge about the Korean war as possible. So, this one would also be some sort of history lesson I guess hahahah

I am still unsure if I should add a love story in this since I feel like it would work better with them having this deep companionship- friendship- brotherhood- kind of relationship. So give me your opinion in the poll below or in the comments!

 

XX

R