Forever and Always

Your Hopes and My Dreams

Sitting on the shore line watching the sun set, he felt a tug at his heart. Subconsciously his hand moved over his chest where he felt such sensation. Sighing as the last rays of light sparkled across the vast ocean, he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. Listening to the sounds of nature surrounding him, it was soon interupted by approaching footsteps. He wanted the peace of mind to last just a little longer as he stayed still with his eyes closed. Hearing the footsteps stop next to him, as expected the owner sat next to him. The recognition of the soft flowery perfume filled his nostrils as images of the owner began to flood his mind. The out pouring memories became overwhelming to the point where his eyes fluttered open. 

There as expected was the young woman sitting with a small smile upon her face, adding a new and ever lasting memory to his various collection. He couldn't help but match her smile as the stars began to twinkle above them. "What are you so deep in thought about over here," her voice nearly sang as she wrapped her arms around her knees and brought them close to her chest. 

Shrugging as he found himself staring at the soft glowing moon before them, "Nothing really, just enjoying all that mother nature has to offer." 

"And what does she have to offer," the young woman asked as she leaned her head upon his shoulder. 

Stiffening at her move, he kept his eyes focused out at the ocean not really looking at anything in particular, "A lot." 

She giggled as she weaved her arm around his to snuggle closer to him, "A lot of what?" 

Closing his eyes as he let his arm go limp in response, he did his best to calm his heart by listening to the waves. "A lot of things that I can't offer," he mumbled out loud more to himself.

"What," she hummed as she questioned him wondering if she had heard right. 

Summing up all the courage he could, he sighed as he retreated his arm from her grasp. "Let's not do this Minzy." 

"Do what," she asked in shock at his sudden coldness watching as he shifted away from her. "What's going on?" 

Slumping his shoulders forward, he ran his fingers through his hair as his thoughts began to race, "You always have so many questions." 

"Because I want to understand," she offered softly hoping he would show her some mercy. 

"The only thing you need to understand is that I need space," he finally said what was on his mind for the longest. "Please give me space. I have a lot going on and I don't have the energy or time to give you anymore." 

"I didn't know I took so much effort or time from you," she scoffed as she folded her arms over her chest. "If you wanted space you should've just told me." 

"So you could interogate me and ask me a million questions," he hissed. He knew it was cruel, but he was already in the process of digging his grave he didn't really see a reason to stop. "Minzy you make things hard for me," he honestly said. 

"That's enough I get it," she raised her hand. Pushing herself up, she sighed as she stared at the man who she thought was her best friend. But apparently by the sound of it he felt other wise. "Daesung you don't have to be a about it. I'll give you space, but just so you know you don't make anything easy for me either! Enjoy mother nature all by yourself." 

 

When she walked away from him that day, she respected his wishes. She literally up and disappeared from his life without a trace. Though it was exactly what he said he wanted, the tug at his heart said other wise. Sighing as he found himself staring out the window, he wondered what she was up to. Was she well? Did she have a good day at work? Several meaningless questions of how she was doing kept floating around in his mind. But being who he was, he wasn't going to reach out to her, he knew better not to do so. 

 

Days turned into weeks and before he knew it, his time was coming up. Sighing as he gulped his cold beer, he let out a sigh of relief as his buzz hit. It took him a couple of drinks, but with a pack in hand he found himself at the same place they had argued a few months ago. Swishing his alcohol in the can, he sat watching the sun set. Shivering as a chill ran down his spine, the last rays of light disappeared leaving him in the dark night. Chugging the last of the can, he popped open a new one and played back the argument with Minzy like he had so many times since it had happened. Analyzing his execution of his planned separation from her, he didn't realize the very person approaching him. 

"I'll take that," Minzy said as she snatched his can out of his hand and took a big gulp. Sighing sarcastically, she took a seat next to him before drinking yet again, "Thanks for the drink." 

"What are you doing here," he asked through clenched teeth as he balled up his hands. 

Shrugging indifferent to his anger she stayed staring out at the night sky, "Cold beer by the ocean is my favorite." 

"Minzy," he growled as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her to look in his direction. "What are you doing here," he hissed as he glared at her.

Pushing him off, she snapped right back at him, "You ask so many damn questions it's really annoying!" 

"I thought we agreed to give each other space," he ignored her last comment. 

"You wanted space and I gave it," she simply said. "Plus I'm not gonna let you drink that whole pack by yourself. Can't let you have a beer belly before you leave," she teased as she patted his stomach while laughing. 

Smacking her hand away, he was frustrated by her teasing when he was being absolutely serious. "Minzy..."

"Daesung," she cut him off. "You're my best friend and I want to spend time with you before you leave me." 

"I'm only going to be gone for two years," he shrugged. 

Rolling her eyes, she smacked his arm, "Get over yourself. You and I have never been away from each other that long!" 

"Maybe it's a good thing," he mumbled. 

"You bastard," she scoffed as she punched his arm. "You know you'll miss me." Daesung went quiet as his fear rang true to his ears. It was a feeling he had been trying to fight for the longest and now that she was saying it, it felt like a weight was being lifted. Minzy took the cue to lean her head onto his shoulder. Sipping at the beer as they quietly stared out at the deep blue ocean, they enjoyed the shared silence of each others' company. "It's a brave thing you're going to be doing," Minzy softly said breaking the comfortable silence between them. Intertwining their hands, she grinned as she squeezed his hand in hers, "Don't worry about me. I'll be okay."

"Are you sure," he teased.

They both chuckled as she bumped her shoulder against his, "I'll manage just like you will serving our country." 

"Minzy," he called her name and watched as her gaze shifted up at him. Watching her glimmering warm eyes shine before him had him smiling, "You know I love you right?" 

She smiled brightly as she nodded, "Forever and always!" Wrapping her arms around his waist, she leaned onto his chest, "I love you too. Best friends forever and always." 

Her words tugged at his heart as he wrapped his arms over her pulling her closer. Though he meant another version of love, he settled for her knowing the other type. For now as he prepared for his military service, he was going to keep his ideal love for her to himself. Having her in his arms was a win in its own right. 

 

Author's Notes:

 

For L-Mos_World

Thinking about this all day and this was what I came up with. Thanks for the challenge, hope you enjoyed! Onto the next one!