Chapter 3

Blinded

The play on words and melody feels like home to him, even though it's been a long time since the last time he did this, a really long time. His eyes focused to the paper in front of him, his pencil forming words that became lyrics. Occasionally strumming his guitar in between, trying to sing different words that would fits well with the melodies he have in mind. After what seems like long hours, Jaehyun stops, he reads what he had written while internally singing the lyrics he wrote with the melody he made. He smiles, it's not done or perfect but it's good enough for a start. It's 01.27 a.m when he decided to call it a day. He thinks to himself, it's another day at school tomorrow but at least he have something to look forward to after.

 

The next day Jaehyun is walking to school when someone tapped his shoulder from behind

"hey, what's up?" it's his friend Doyoung.

Doyoung is one of Jaehyun's few friends that he's actually comfortable to be around with. He met Doyoung during his freshmen year, unlike Jaehyun, Doyoung is actually excited to work alongside his father on the organic food grocery store chain that his family owned. That difference aside, Doyoung had a lot of similarities to Jaehyun from art, music to films that partly is a reason why they're close.

"nothing much, school and class" Jaehyun shrugs.

"it feels like I haven't seen you in a while" Doyoung walked with Jaehyun.

"you saw me in finance yesterday"

"yeah okay not that, but you know on the way home, I was planning to ask you to go to this new sushi place with me"

"oh, yeah I've been busy, schoolwork you know"

"schoolwork? Since when did you care, I mean good for you!" Doyoung laughed while staring at Jaehyun as they walked.

"wow okay thanks, but really, I just....care now" Jaehyun explains.

"did something happened?" Doyoung asked, partly asking because he knows Jaehyun's situation with his father.

"no, nothing, I guess I'm just inspired"

"huh. So, what's your inspiration?" asks Doyoung.

"why are you so nosy??"

"why don't you just answer the question? Hmm... suspicious" Doyoung said playfully while eyeing Jaehyun.

"No, really it's nothing"

"Okay, if you said so!" Doyoung shrugs then continued, "but also if you're going to do some schoolwork maybe we can do it together, I'm free after school today if you wanna go to the lounge together to study"

"I'll skip for today, but next time we should" Jaehyun said.

"Alright, I don't do anything today so if you change your mind" said Doyoung, "okay gotta go to class I have a quiz for ITEC today, wish me luck" Doyoung continued "text me if you're free okay"

"okay okay, I'll see you around" said Jaehyun as Doyoung leaves for his class.

 

Another day goes by, strangely enough, Jaehyun doesn't fall asleep or space around as much in class as he usually does. He actually listened and do works in his class, even though he's still very much uninterested but unknowingly he put some efforts in it. As his class ends, Jaehyun quickly clears his table to put his stuff in his backpack before walking towards the library. As he enters the library he saw her, she was sitting in her usual seat. Jaehyun walks on going to the seat beside her, where he was sitting two days ago.

"hi" Jaehyun said as he put his backpack under the library table

"Oh hello, it's you! School works today?" She smiled.

"yes, but not as much" he said as he sits and opens his laptop

"you're gonna be done early today then! That should be nice!"

"yeah, but I'm going to stay a bit more I'm planning to do some reading for tomorrow's class"

"Ohh...hard worker huh? Good for you!" the girl said playfully in which Jaehyun just answers with a chuckle while thinking 'oh only if'

 

They did not talk much for the next couple minutes, Jaehyun is just typing on his laptop while the girl continues her reading. It was quiet until someone come to the room.

"OOH JAEHYUN" Someone half yelled in which Jaehyun answers with a glare, it's Doyoung.

"Doyoung can you be quiet, it's the library," Jaehyun said to Doyoung as he gets closer and pulls up a seat in front of Jaehyun.

"ooh yeah sorry, but there's not a lot of people anyway" Doyoung shrugs.

"what are you doing here?" Jaehyun asks.

"I want to study here for some reason, looking for a new study space" Doyoung said then he eyed the girl next to Jaehyun and his eyes go back and forth between Jaehyun and the girl, after some time he said loudly "Ahhhh.... So this is your inspiration" in which Jaehyun replied with a pencil thrown to Doyoung's head.

"Ouch!" Doyoung glared at Jaehyun visibly saying 'what was that for?' on his face which Jaehyun just shook his head as a reply while mouthing 'no'.

Understanding the situation Doyoung said again "I mean wow. What an inspiration. This library is" Doyoung made an excuse in which Jaehyun reacted with a facepalm.