About You Now

The Son of Zelos

"You know, I never expected you'd say yes," Taekwoon softly admitted.

"Huh?" she asked, turning around with her hand on the door. "What do you mean?"

"I-uh-I guess I wasn't expecting you to say yes so soon," he replied. "I mean, we did decide to date for a while and then decide, didn't we?"

She nodded. "And yeah, it's been five months," she stated. "Isn't that enough time to gauge a person?"

"I doubt it," he whispered under his breath.

"What was that?"

He quickly shook his head, denying that he'd said anything.

"Besides," she continued, "I think I know you well enough to know what kind of man you are."

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh? So what kind do you think I am?"

Her hand fell from the doorknob of her house, and she slowly stepped away from it. Stepping down the few steps, she reached him at the bottom. His brown eyes followed her every step.

She then stood in front of him, raising her head over his tall stature. She ran her hands up his chest to the collar of his dress shirt, fondling the cuffs. "I think you're a kind and just man at heart, always putting your loved ones first. You're hard working, committed and never back down from a challenge."

She slowly began to tug on his collar, pulling his face down. "I think you're a man I'd be honored to spend my life with."

He swallowed a bit. "I think you should reconsider how much you know about a person," he softly said.

She raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" she asked. "You don't mean to tell me that you have some sort of dark secret, do you?"

He pulled away and walked a few steps, trying to put a bit of distance between them. "That's...kind of the problem."

She scoffed. "You actually have a secret?" She however stopped laughing when he turned and gave her a look. "Oh, you actually weren't joking..."

He sighed. "Well, I guess there's no better time than any," he breathed. "T-the truth is...I...uh..."

He ran a hand through his hair. "You remember when you asked me why I was stoic and serious all the time?"

She nodded. "That's a question that's crossed my mind...a lot."

"Well, the reason for that is...I can get angry, Nayoung," he admitted. "And when I get angry, people...get hurt...badly. It's why I don't show emotions, because if I do, I could end up doing something I'll regret."

With his back still turned to her, he exhaled. "I guess you'll be rethinking that decision now..."

Slender finger however worked around his torso, pulling him into a hug. He felt her lay her head against his back, but he made no move to turn. "Like I said," she softly said, "you're a man I'd be honored to spend my life with."

"Even after...?"

"I don't care even if you're an antisocial stoic with anger management issues." He tightened his jaw hearing that. "It's not that bad of a thing, we can just get some help. But on the inside, I know you wouldn't lose your temper for nothing."

"Gee, thanks for that," he murmured.

She pulled away and he turned to see a wide smile on her face. "Did I offend you somehow?" she chuckled. "I'm sorry, but I just couldn't pass on that."

He sighed as she stepped closer, her hands on his shoulders.

She then leaned up (thank god for heels) and pressed her lips to his. His eyes widened, not expecting that, so he didn't respond at once.

She pulled back, dark eyes searching his face for any emotion. Had she gone and offended him somehow?

He then leaned down and captured her lips, kissing her with full force. His hand s around her waist and settled at the small of her back. His other hand slowly ran up her arm and gently cupped her face.

They pulled apart as something stirred in Taekwoon's heart. For what seemed like hours, the two stood in each other's embrace, his hand cupping her cheek and two pairs of dark brown eyes gazing into each other.

"So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow," she softly said as her eyes flitted between his eyes and his lips.

"Guess you will," she replied.

She then pulled away, entirely and walked back up the stairs to her home. Before she opened the door, she turned to cast a look at him. 

She then went inside, and Taekwoon let out a chuckle before walking back to his car.

Perhaps this wouldn't be as boring as he thought it would be.


Hakyeon was more than glad that Taekwoon invited him over to his apartment instead of just showing up at his. He had no idea whether he'd have enough time to evacuate his roommate, not to mention straighten the house up.

And he made sure to let his cousin know.

Taekwoon smiled. "I didn't want to disturb your roommate," he explained. "What was his name again? Hongbin?"

"You finally remember," Hakyeon stated, recalling the millions of times Taekwoon dropped by their apartment and Hongbin needed to constantly reintroduce himself.

"Besides," Taekwoon said, "its been a while since we've hung out together, like just the two of us."

Hakyeon hummed. "Yeah, we used to do that a lot, didn't we?" he agreed. "But then life got in the way. I missed those outings we had."

Taekwoon looked down a bit. "Sorry this isn't like the outings we used to have." He gestured to the simple dinner the two were having in front of the TV playing Jurassic Park.

"I prefer this," Hakyeon said, putting a big blop of the ramen in his mouth. "And its been so freaking long since I've had ramen."

"So have I," Taekwoon muttered.

Once the movie ended, Hakyeon insisted on going for a walk since he hadn't truly enjoyed the neighborhood at night. Taekwoon, despite his best judgement, eventually gave into his cousin's pleading and the two grabbed their coats and set out on a stroll.

They passed a children's park, and Hakyeon insisted on sitting on one of the swings.

"Why?"

"Because its more fun than sitting on the benches."

Taekwoon had chuckled before sitting down on the swing next to Hakyeon.

The cafe owner looked up at the clear starry skies as silence descended upon the two. Neither spoke for a full minute before Hakyeon eventually broke the silence.

"I-I think I like someone," he heavily admitted.

Taekwoon turned his head to him. "Well that's a first," he stated. "Who is she?"

Hakyeon shook his head, looking down. "She...uh...just came into my cafe one day and things...just...went from there, you know."

That's vague, Taekwoon thought. "Why do you like her?"

Hakyeon gave a small laugh. "What can I say, Taekwoon?" he asked. "Her long hair, her deep eyes, her beautiful smile, her laugh, her everything."

Taekwoon smiled a bit. "You sound like you've really fallen for her."

Hakyeon nodded. "Does she like you too?" Taekwoon asked.

Hakyeon shook his head. "I never told her." He then turned to Taekwoon. "But I think I might."

"You should," Taekwoon urged. 

"I think I will, tomorrow."

Taekwoon then turned to the skies. "My parents want me to get married," he stated.

"Do they?" Hakyeon asked, concerned. "But you're still young!"

He chuckled. "I'm fine with it."

"So have you been looking?" Hakyeon inquired.

Taekwoon nodded. "I have, and I think I found the one."

"Ooh, this sounds good," Hakyeon was a bit too excited. "Tell me all about her."

Taekwoon gave him a look which said that he wouldn't, so Hakyeon instead laughed. "You're growing up, brother," he said, clapping Taekwoon on the shoulder. "Congratulations!"

Taekwoon simply smiled.

"You know that you'll have to introduce her to me before you get married, right?" Hakyeon stated. "I do want to get to know my own sister-in-law."

Taekwoon chuckled. "You'll definitely get to meet her," he said in a voice low enough for Hakyeon to hear.

Hakyeon sighed, looking up. "Do you think our Dads are proud of us?" he softly asked.

Taekwoon shrugged. "Who can tell with them?" he asked. "For all we know, there's another Civil War going on in Olympus right now."

"I hope they are," Hakyeon continued, almost as if he'd never heard Taekwoon. "I hope that they can see what we've become, and what we're going to become."

Taekwoon stayed silent as Hakyeon gave a huge sigh and stared at the flickering lights above them. 

I won't say this out loud, Taekwoon thought, but I do hope our fathers know that we're doing alright.