Confession

Past Love

"Your friend's sure is interesting." Daniel chuckled. I gave him a look before nodding myself. 

"He's everything to me." I smiled warmly, imagining Ong in my head.

"Well, I have a friend too. And it's not that he's my everything but to be exact, I'm his everything." Daniel was in a daze which I guess he's thinking of his best friend.

"And what do you mean by that?" I frown with a little smile.

"We met by coincidence. It was raining that day. I was having a great day before I heard someone's crying. I went closer and it was him." He started his story which attract my interest. "Why he's crying though." I asked.

He looked cloudy before giving me a sly smile.

"He broke up with his girlfriend."

I widened my eyes for awhile. "Oh really. That's so sad." I shook my head while he just raised his brow. "Right?"

"He can't even stand up and suddenly fainted. I brought him to my house. And when I checked on him, he had a really high fever. And it was two weeks long."

I looked at him in disbelief. "Really? That's horrible. Who's his ex girlfriend?" I asked and he gave me a look.

"Well, he never told me." Daniel shook his head with a little smile.

I smile too. Before I began to think something. I really want to tell someone about my heart too. Or to be specific, about him. And I knew Ong will never let me say even a thing about him. Ong will only nag at me all day.

 And then I looked up to him. He gave me a question look. "Why?"

"Urm nothing. Just thinking." I looked down.

"Daniel....." I didn't even realise I muttered his name. "Uh?" He glanced towards me.

"Ha? Ahh nothing." I blinked my eyes multiple times. Suddenly it felt so awkward.

"If you have anything to share, I'm here." He suddenly patted my head. I gave him a doubt smile.

"Really? So you promise me you won't tell anyone?" I ran my eyes away from him and take a look around the bookstore but I can't see that much either because we used handphone's torchlight anyway.

He gave me a nod with an understanding face. I slowly take a deep breath before locking an eyecontact with him.

"I had the same problem with your friend's. And I just think if I can.... you know." I nodded and he also nodded. "Well, you don't have to tell his name." Dabiel which make me nodded in agreement.

"One day, I can't contact him. Which is unusual since he rarely off his phone. After 3 days, I started feeling uneasy. I almost went crazy. I went to all places that he might go to until finally.....I saw him....." I paused and wiped the tears that I didn't realise sliding down. I don't know it hurt so much to think about it again but it feel good at the same time.

"What he was doing?" Daniel asked. From his tone, I know he's guilty for asking but I didn't blame him.

 "I saw him doing something that I expected to be the last thing he did but...... I don't know. Sorry, I'm overreacting."  I force a smile. He just give me an it's okey look. I slowly continued.

"I saw  he...... he was beating a crap out of someone in a dark alley." I glance towards Daniel and he looked surprised. And I continued.

"I was so shocked. I quickly went to him to stop him. But when he saw me, he scoffed and gave me a..... hatre gaze? I don't know."

"He just keep beating him as if I wasn't there. And then I pulled him but he pushed me hard. My head hit a pile of bricks there. I almost out so I tugged over his shirt."

"And guess what. He turned to me and grabbed my collar. The other guy went away when he had the chance, leaving the both of us alone."  I stopped before I felt Daniel's hand wrapped around me. I just let him do that because I need support too. He then patted my back slowly giving me courage. "Continue."

"He scold me because I interfered him saying that it's none of my damn business." I hugged him tightly. I can feel his breath as we keep being in that position. "And then what did you do? Just let it all out " He told me to finish the story.

"I shouted at him saying  that it's my business too if it's including you. But he just shrugged and stare at me sharply.

It just so unlike him. He's......such a nice guy. He never scolded me before. He's so caring. He has no enemy. If you look at his face too, you will never expect him to use the fist because even his face is gentle." I describe him. It's so long since I last talked about him. So just let it go once is so relieving.

I slowly pulled out of the hug and give a little smile to Daniel while wiping my tears. He gave me an understanding look which really warmed my heart.

"You okey now?" He asked after awhile. I glance slightly to him and nodded. "A bit."

He then nodded. "I guess the ending is not that good either."He said and I know he's being careful.

I nodded. "I  forced him to tell me what the problem is so that we can solve it together but he keep denied before he suddenly slap me hard."

"I was very very shock. I've never expect that he would go that far. I slap him back before I said myself. 'We're over! You and I are impossible!' And then I go." I forced a smile to Daniel. He continued patted my back.

"Since then, I never see him and if we do, he will keep chasing me and apologised but my heart really hurt. It break into pieces!" I grabbed my chest which my heart's beating so faster than usual.

"I do understand you." Daniel said and that cheer me up for a bit.