03 - The Past is Our Present

When We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The Past is Our Present"

It was the beginning of spring. Winter has gone but the cold winter temperatures and wind still stayed behind as the spring flowers started to bloom. Hongdae was looking more lively and definitely the days were longer and brighter. Taehyung shivered as he tucked himself under the layers of blankets on his bed. He laid on his bed with beads of sweat rolling down his face. He could barely move, he was too weak to move around. 

He slowly reached towards his phone and gripped onto it as hard as he could. His throat was hurting so badly and every swallow of his saliva sent sharp striking pains to him and he was groaning in pain as he pressed Irene's number.

"Hello?" a soft voice answered the call.

"Joohyunie.." Taehyung said weakily. His voice was coarse and soft, he could not talk much as every word he made, his throat would hurt so badly.

There was a long pause in the call. "Taehyung-ah, why did you call? I'm.. I'm actually in the library right now." Irene replied.

"Jo..Joohyunie.. c..ca...can you come ov..over for a.. a.. awhile? C..can you buy me s..some painkillers and paracetamol.. I t..think I'm down with a flu." Taehyung said while his voice was croaky and he had difficulties speaking too much to her.

"Taehyung-ah, can I come later? I.. I'm actually doing a group project with my mates right now. I'll be there when I'm done." Irene said.

Before he could reply, Irene had already hung up on the call. Taehyung dropped his phone on his bed as he tried to pull himself out from his bed. It took him awhile and some strength to get up from his bed. All he wanted was water but to walk to his table to get his water seemed endless and exhausting for him. He waited as he laid back on the bed. Eventually, he fell asleep due to his exhaustion. 

He woke up hours later and slept again. He did that repeatedly until he woke up at night. It was already 10 at night and he did not had any meals for the entire day. He did not have any appetite either so he drank water for the entire day. He looked around his dorm but Irene was nowhere to be found. She did not even replied to his messages throughout the entire day. 

Just then, the door opened as her mother came over to the university to visit him. His mother screamed in shock as she saw how Taehyung laid on the bed restlessly, sweating and groaning in pain. His mother ran down to the nearest pharmacy to get him his medicine to which he slowly recovered after a few days of medication.

Taehyung had not heard anything from Irene for the past few days when he was sick. He knew she must have been preoccupied with her group projects and school work that she totally forgotten about him. He was disappointed. He thought Irene would at least cared for him for a bit especially since he was so badly ill. Irene did not bothered to call or text him about his illness.

He went to the University and headed right to the library. His prediction was correct, Irene was there on her own on her laptop, typing non-stop while looking at the pieces of books and papers beside her, possibly still working on her project.

He went and sat across her on the table, to which Irene widened her eyes in shock.

"Oh- Taehyung, why did you come here? You shocked me." Irene said while her eyes turned back at her laptop.

Taehyung sighed. "I.. I just thought you might be here. I just want to bring you to go eat." Taehyung said.

Irene nodded her head slowly but her mind was still at her project. Her eyes never left the laptop screen as she busily typed her report on the computer. "Look, I still got this stupid fashion analysis report that I have to complete by the end of this week. Stupid lecturer gave us 2 weeks to complete a report that's like over 50 pages now." Irene explained.

Taehyung nodded his head while staring blankly away. He was irritated by Irene. "Do you want to go eat first? I mean, you probably didn't eat much for the past few days over this project of yours." Taehyung asked gently.

Flipping through the books, Irene shook her head. "It's ok. I'll just grab some sandwiches at the convenience store later. I'm not hungry anyway." Irene said. 

"Oh..." Taehyung uttered. "I thought we could eat together since we didn't see each other for a few days already." Taehyung said.

Irene nodded her head. "Yeah... it's actually been awhile since we met. I'm sorry I was busy, were you busy?" Irene said.

Taehyung shook his head. He stood up, "I'm fine. Not really that busy, was just sick." Taehyung said and left her in the library. 

With her eyes still glued on her project, Irene was unaware of his reply but she continued working on her project on her own in the library. She stayed there overnight again while still being clueless over Taehyung's illness over the past few days.

 

Taehyung smirked as the thought of their past came back to his mind as he was walking back to his apartment from the Kitscht's office.

Irene was in her office with Jungwoo beside her, watching her work. Irene glanced towards Jungwoo whom smiled brightly at her. She rolled her eyes at him. "Are you going to keep staring at me when I work?" Irene said.

Jungwoo nodded his head and Irene rolled her eyes again in disbelief. Jennie and Seulgi laughed at them as Jennie stood up and greeted the models that came into their office. There were several models and they were all here for the audition. Jennie and Seulgi interviewed each of them, including Jungwoo. They then came back together with Irene to discuss on the audition.

None of the models surprised or impressed the two girls. They were extremely picky in their models as they had to have this aura to fit into the lookbook and concept of Kitscht's collection. Jungwoo was the only one the girls could accept. He has a pretty face and a good body weight and build to fit into the Kitscht clothes for the Spring and Summer collection.

Jungwoo waited for them patiently outside their office. The other models have left after the audition and it was only Jungwoo who stayed behind. Irene and the girls left the meeting room to be shocked by Jungwoo standing at the door.

"So... did I make it?" Jungwoo asked eagerly.

Jennie laughed in disbelief. "Yeah you're one of our models now." Jennie said. "We'll just have to call your agency now to confirm and finalize your jobs." Jennie said.

Jungwoo clapped his hands excitedly. He was squealing in excitement for the upcoming project with Kitscht. It was his first lookbook shoot and he could not be anymore excited for it, especially since he would be working with these girls whom knew him the best compared to other fashion designers. 

"We'll confirm you the details. Most likely we'll start the shooting tomorrow or the day after. We'll call you later again." Seulgi said.

Jungwoo nodded his head and left the office.

"It looks like Kim Jungwoo's really excited over this project." Jennie commented. "I mean.. after all, he's doing with the person he likes the most." Jennie said as she eyed Irene whom looked at her back with a clueless and stunned expression.

Irene bit her lips. "What?" She answered.

"Don't be clueless about it, you know very well Kim Jungwoo has a crush on you since a long time ago." Jennie said.

Seulgi nodded her head. "Yeah, he keeps coming over to our office just to see you. It's so obvious." Seulgi chuckled.

Irene shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know you girls." She said as she went back to her desk and worked on the photoshoot tomorrow.

The girls decided on the photoshoot for their lookbook. Seulgi, being good with cameras, would be in-charge of the camera and shoot for tomorrow. They would be shooting in a forest in the outskirts of Seoul. The theme for their lookbook was related to the nature and they wanted to include elements of mystery and thriller into their lookbook based on their collection for the spring and summer.

There were 4 models for their lookbook, 2 females and 2 males - which were Taehyung and Jungwoo. Both of them were notified about the shoot tomorrow by Jennie and Irene worked on the styling for the lookbook. She pulled out a huge black laminated board as she placed the stickers of the pictures of their clothes in the collection and worked on the combination and coordination of the pieces for each looks and assigned to the models. 

Taehyung's name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter