02 - The Meeting

When We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The Meeting"

 

With a shocked expression, Taehyung slowly said, "It's been awhile." 

Irene slowly nodded her head. "Yeah.." She mumbled in reply.

"How have you been doing?" Taehyung asked. 

There was a long pause and an awkward silence between them. Things were different this time, Irene did not know how to answer and every second standing infront of him was nerve-wrecking. "I'm doing fine I guess." Irene said as she slowly stepped aside. "I'll get going." Irene said.

Taehyung nodded his head and this was how they left each other. Taehyung was also unsure of what to ask her or talk to her about. It was really awkward for him as well. Maybe it was best for them to just leave things like it was now. 

 

Irene rushed back into her office as she sat in her office. She leaned her body against the chair as she looked up at the ceiling blankly as she thought about the awkward encounter with Taehyung earlier on. There were a lot of thoughts going on in her mind and her mind was at lost. It has been three years since they last met and he has not really changed much, with the exception of a different hair colour.

He had a ash grey hair now but he still looked the same as he was three years ago. Irene thought that the odds of them meeting again was low but today's encounter proven her otherwise. Kitscht only opened last summer and they only moved their office and showroom to Hongdae last autumn. It has been 5 months and she have not seen him in the Hongdae area but today's encounter made her thought a lot about him.

Why was he here? She had always frequent Hongdae area even after graduating from Hongik University. She often hung out with Jennie and Seulgi here, either to go shopping or cafes or to drink at their regular bar. Hongdae was so familiar to her that she almost went there every week without fail. She did not see him around at all these years until today happened.

She opened her computer up as she continued her work, trying to get rid of Taehyung from her mind. As expected, she forgotten about it as she got engrossed in her work. Work was probably the only solution to forget him.

 

Taehyung arrived back at his apartment as he threw the shopping bags on his couch and headed to his bed. He lay down on his bed restlessly as he tried to recollect his thoughts. He had never thought he would met her here in Hongdae, especially when they always hang out in this area for their dates back when they were studying in the university. They broke up on Irene's graduation day and Taehyung's academic performance the year later was not great either - he barely passed his modules and he made the bare minimum to graduate from university in his major of music. 

Taehyung sat up on his bed as the guitar caught his attention. It was sitting at the corner of his room, beside his desk and flashbacks of the guitar came back into his mind. The guitar was bought by Irene as a gift for him when he did well in one of his projects. Ever since then, the guitar has always been in his room, even in his previous apartment.

 

The next day, Irene woke up to the loud screams Seulgi made as she entered the office with Jennie. They were always the ones to come to work the earliest, since they lived close to Hongdae. Irene lived in her own studio apartment in Sinsadong, and she often took half an hour to get to the office everyday. They got shocked by Irene's bare face as Irene yawned dreamily and stretched herself.

"Oh- you guys are early.." Irene said in a coarse tone as she stood up and grabbed her toothbrush as she headed to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Seulgi looked at Jennie in shock. "Did she really stay over in the office again yesterday?" Seulgi asked.

"I guess so. She just woke up here." Jennie said as the both of them went to their desks.

Irene came out a few minutes later, still yawning and restless from her short sleep in the office. Sleeping in the office was uncomfortable especially in that tiny chair but Irene got used to it after several times of overnight working in the office. She was really passionate in her work and she would not leave work until she got everything done perfectly. Irene walked to her desk and Jennie went over to place a cup of coffee on her desk.

"Made it for you, unnie~" Jennie said.

"Thanks Jennie-ah~" Irene said as she smiled and took a sip of the coffee.

Seulgi popped her head up from her desk as she passed Irene the models list. "Unnie, have you seen the model list from the agency already? They just updated a new one today. Here it is." Seulgi said.

Irene nodded her head as she sighed. "Oh the models. I forgot about that totally. Ugh, I was too busy working on the photoshoot venue and details that I totally forgot the most crucial part of the lookbook." Irene said as she opened the file.

She scanned through the faces of the models and looked through the pages of profiles of each model until she stopped at one page. It was him. Taehyung was one of the models shown in the file. 

She bit her lips nervously. She did knew he became a model from seeing his updates on his social media after their break-up but she did not know what agency he was under and she did not expect to see him in the models list. She took a closer look at his profile and looked at the attached portrait photo of him. It was a photo of him during his university days. She remembered as he had that brown hair back then as shown on the photo. The photo then brought back memories of them being together again. 

Irene was so engrossed in his profile that she started zoning out and staring blankly at his profile that she could not hear Seulgi calling her out repeatedly. Despite numerous of attempts in calling her, Seulgi failed to catch Irene's attention away. She then shouted her name, "Irene unnie!" 

Irene snapped out of her thoughts as she looked at Seulgi in a clueless manner. "Wh-what?" She answered.

Seulgi sighed. "What were you thinking? I've been trying to call you for awhile already." Seulgi said.

Irene shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing. I was just zoning out. Must be the sleepiness." Irene replied.

"Unnie, should I just get the models to come down to audition for the lookbook?" Jennie asked.

Irene shook her head immediately. "No!" She shouted.

Jennie and Seulgi looked at Irene, flustered by her sudden strong protest against Jennie's idea. "Uh... why? I mean, all of them looks good and it's probably very hard to decide on the two male models." Jennie explained.

Looking at the profiles again, Irene sighed. "I.. uh, okay." Irene said.

Jennie then took the file away from her and looked through the model profiles. She then stopped at Taehyung page and glared towards Irene. "Unnie... is it because he's on the list as well?" Jennie said.

Irene sighed. "I just don't want to see him anymore. I mean.. everytime I see him, I can't help but to get painful memories when we're together. Especially when it felt like a emotional abuse to be together with each other." Irene replied.

Jennie nodded her head slowly as Seulgi picked up her phone. "I'll call the model agency then. I'll get the rest of the models to come down for the audition, except for him." Seulgi said as Irene nodded her head in approval.

 

Taehyung woke up the next morning by the call from his agency. "Hello?" He answered in his coarse soft tone.

"Yah, Kim Taehyung, did you offend somebody or what?" His staff asked in a frustrated manner.

Taehyung scratched the back of his head as he tried to recall his previous jobs. There was nothing outstanding or memorable in those jobs that he could remember. "No... I don't think so noona. What's wrong?" Taehyung replied.

"Well apparently this brand specifically rejected you from their audition for their lookbook. Look, did you offend anyone or not? It's rare that a label would drop you off from their list just like that. Especially since they're even holding an audition to find their models for the lookbook." His staff explained.

"What? Moonbyul noona, what's the label?" Taehyung asked.

Moonbyul sighed. "It's Kitscht. Do you know them or not?" Moonbyul replied.

"Kitscht? No.. I don't think I've heard about this brand before." Taehyung said.

"You better hear of this brand now then. It's one of the upcoming and rising designers in Seoul. Their latest winter collection sold out within a week of sales. That's how powerful and influential their bra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter