Why?

Leave Out All The Rest

In the morning, Clint took their guests to the town and stopped the engine in front of a modest restaurant.

“Mr. Johnson.” Clint said to the restaurant’s owner who smiled at him and their children once they put a step into the place. “Good morning.”

“Oh, Clint! Lila, Cooper, good morning.”

“Here’s the lady I was talking about.” He said pointing at May who didn’t understand anything about what’s happening. “Her name is May.”

“Oh, nice to meet you.” The man said.

“Nice to meet you too.” May said.

“The work here isn’t too hard, I just need a hand when the place is full. Clint said you were working in the city in a place like this.”

“Ah… Yes… I did.” May wasn’t really sure about what answer to gave to that man, but the things were developing so fast that she couldn’t process all of it. “I… think it will be okay…”

“Great, come with me. I’ll show you the kitchen.” The man said.

“Do you think May will be okay?” Peter said watching his aunt to disappear behind a door inside of the place.

“I hope so. I don’t have the chance to talk to her alone either to explain what she wanted to know.” Peter sighed and laid his back on the backside of the truck with his head in the air. He realized that Steve approached him when he felt a sloppy and itchy kiss on his neck. “What are you doing?” He asked with a smile on his face. “That was itchy!”

“I just wanted to kiss you.”

“You’re like a kid…” Peter whispered.

“And you’re like a man.”

“No, I don’t think so…” He said looking at Steve hands to play with his fingers. “Steve… I love you.” He whispered looking right into his eyes.

“I love you too.” He said kissing his forehead before Clint and company left the restaurant. “So?” He asked opened his distance from Peter.

“I say yes.” May said with a smile.

“I’m glad to hear that.” Steve said but he felt the woman didn’t care about his opinion. He looked with Clint who smiled at him.

“We have another place to go. Go, children, go.” Clint said helping his children to jump into the backside of the truck where Peter and Steve were. “Let’s go.”

The journey seemed to be endless until they reached to a big but empty house outside the town.

“What’s this place?” May asked.

“Someone’s living here?” Peter said.

“Not yet.” Clint smirked. “Can we enter, please?”

The group put a step inside the house and checked all the rooms. The light was brighter in the kitchen with a long table from wall to wall.

“This would be your house.” Steve said. May and Peter looked at him puzzled. “Take it like a gift.”

“I can’t-- This is--” May just sighed. “Thanks. I guess…” Steve smiled.

“Ok, I leave you alone. We’ll be on the truck.” Steve said.

“Did you know about this?” May asked to his nephew.

“No, I didn’t.”

“Peter, this is too much.”

“May… He did it because he wanted to us to be okay.”

“Is he not like Stark?” She murmured.

“No.” Peter said with a smile. “He is way better than Tony.” May hugged the kid gently. “And please, talk with him. He felt quite guilty because you don’t.”

“It’s not because I don’t want to! It’s because I don’t know how to talk with him. I mean, about what?”

“You can start talking with him about me.”

“That’s a great start line.” May said.

 

Clint mentioned a place where to check furniture and stuffs for the house. In the meanwhile all the people of the town started to know about both Parker. It felt good to have a friend like Clint by his side.

The night showed up and the truck returned to the Barton’s house.

“Are you waiting for someone?” May asked Clint when she realized about the black car parked in front of his house.

“Not at all…” Clint said.

“Oh, no…” Peter said.

“What’s wrong?” Steve asked.

“That’s Happy…”

The truck stopped in front of the house and Clint looked right to Happy, who greeted him with the hand.

“Hey, long time to see you.”

“The same. Is he in the house?”

“Yeah, he was waiting for you.”

“Crap…” Clint sighed. “Kids, could you go to the barn, please? It will be just a moment.” Clint climbed on the truck and grabbed an arrow and a bow that were hidden on the roof.

“You don’t have to be so… mean…” Happy tried to said, but Clint didn’t listen to him and just follow the lead of his heart. Followed by May, Peter, Steve entered to the house just to watch Anthony sat down on the coach and Laura playing with Nathaniel in the same place.

“I was about to die waiting for you to come back!” Anthony said.

“What are you doing here?” Clint said pointing the man with an arrow.

“I’m here to talk.”

“I guess we should to move on.” Clint said. “Aren’t you going to send your federals friends to us?”

“No, I don’t. I have to?”

“Tony, what are you exactly doing here?” Steve asked making Clint’s arrow to point to the floor. “It’s okay. I’ll take care of this.”

“I want to talk with Peter.”

“Are you going to be okay?” Steve asked to the kid who nodded. Steve took a glance of Anthony but they didn’t say anything to each other.

“You can use the other room to talk.” Laura said.

“Thanks.” Anthony said and stood up to follow Peter.

“He came in a good manner, Clint.” His wife said.

“You know what happened because of his good manners…” The woman smiled. “The dinner is ready. Do you want to eat something?”

“Yes, ma’am. I’m starving.” Clint said. “Oh, the kids!”

“I’ll go to pick them up, don’t worry.” May said.

 

“So? What do you want?” Peter said to Anthony who was checking the place where both were.

“Don’t you wanna know how I found you?”

“Did you put me another tracker on me that I didn’t realize?”

“No. I was just thinking where you could be. It couldn’t be in the house of one’s of your friends because you could risk other’s lives, so I thought, ‘What if he talked with Cap and he was the one with the stupid idea of making you disappear?’”

“So you ended here.”

“Yes.”

“What do you want?”

“I want you.”

“We’re over.”

 

“How’s the dinner?” Laura asked to Steve.

“Uhm… It’s delicious.”

“Yeah, I could see it because you didn’t take a sip of it.” The woman joked.

“I’m sorry…” Steve sighed.

“Steve…” May caught Steve’s and everyone’s attention. “If you love my nephew go and take a look.” She said serious.

 

“What about the other night?”

“What do you mean?”

“You were enjoying when we were having .”

“I wasn’t.”

“Gosh, kid… You can’t lie to yourself that much.”

“I’m not--! I’m not lying to myself. I’m just telling you the truth.”

“Peter that was different from what we had been experienced until now. I noticed it too. We opened each other’s heart that night. Couldn’t you realize it?” Peter looked up at him. “We loved each other.”

“Leave us alone, Tony. Please…”

“Do you think Rogers will be the hero that save you and May to get in jail? Have you even thought about it? He’s a fugitive, Peter.”

“There wouldn’t be any trouble, Tony.” Steve showed up and stand in the middle of Anthony and Peter. “I would ensure their future.” Anthony burst in laugh.

“Doing, what? Will you plant a seed and sit down to wait what’s going to bloom? Really?”

“What we are going to do with our lives isn’t your business. Not anymore.” Steve words made Anthony to shut down. “Peter is telling you to leave us alone, Tony. Just do it.”

The man in front of him was about to freaking out but he knew that wasn’t a good idea to do it in front of May if the woman had ever think about him as a good man that could change her mind.

“Ok, I’m leaving.” He finally said but he took a step towards Peter and pointing him with a finger. “But I assure you that I’m coming back.”

“You don’t.” Steve said.

“You’ll see.”

Anthony left the house not before to say goodbye to the people in the other room. Peter sighed and sat down on the coach feeling his legs shaking. Steve just looked down at him.

“Let’s have a dinner.” He said.

“Yeah. Yeah. Of course.” Peter said quickly.

May smiled at Steve and gave him a thank you by just moving his mouth. The man smiled her back and didn’t say anything. There were just the sounds and the low voices of the children of the house that echoed in the dinner. There were a lot of things in everybody’s mind at that moment but one person in common: Anthony.

 

May helped Laura with the dishes and Clint went with the kids upstairs to read them a story before sleeping. Peter was about to close his room’s door but Steve stopped him by calling his name.

“Peter.” The kids looked at him and waited for him to reach to the door. “There’s something that’s bothering me… Can we talk about it?”

“Sure.” Peter closed the door and both of them went to Steve’s room instead. The man just walked all around the room like he was trying to get the right words to start to talk with him. Peter smiled. He looked so adorable for him doing that. “Are you telling me what’s going on or you just going to walk?”

“You were… with Tony…”

“Yes. Like an hour ago…”

“No, no, no. I didn’t mean that. I mean… You two have met each other… You two have… … again… and you didn’t tell me.”

“Steve, I had a déjà-vú. Didn’t we already talk about this?”

“No, Peter. It is not a déjà-vú. You lied to me…” Steve said and whispered the last phrase. “I know I’ve told you to not to talk with me about it, but you must tell me when Tony’s around.”

“I know, I’m--”

“Why?” He whispered. Peter looked at him puzzled. “Why did you do it?”

 

Ok, that was an easy question. Then, why am I hesitating this much…? Why? Why did I?