Monday

How can you look so pretty so early in the morning?

Waking up early was never easy to Jungkook. He doesn’t know why he insists on studying in the morning even though he can take some of his morning classes in the afternoon. He must be really dumb. At least, this is what he always thinks every time he hears his alarm clock ringing at 6:50 am but he is just too lazy to actually change his schedule, so he just deals with it.

I’m dumb , is the first thing he thinks on this Monday morning, while he gets up slowly, leaving his comfortable and warm bed. Yawning and with his eyes half open, he stumbles on the darkness until he finds the washroom, so he can wash his face and take a quick bath, in an attempt to wake up.

When he remembers his freshman year, he thinks he was really cute: he used to wake up earlier, so he had almost 40 minutes to take a bath, eat breakfast, change his clothes and fix his hair. But now, on his senior year, he doesn't give a about that anymore. If he takes the bus at 7, he wakes up at 6:50 am, takes a quick shower, changes in less than 3 minutes, grabs something to eat on the way to the bus stop and hopes he will not miss the bus.

This is what he is doing today. After the quick — real quick — shower, he just grabs the first thing he sees on his wardrobe, hoping it’s clean and not too shabby, and runs towards the door, because his bus would be passing in one minute and, even though he is not the kind of person to rush, if he misses his first class, he will flunk, so, well,  .

Luckily the bus driver knows Jungkook — taking the same bus for more than a year has its advantages —  and waits for him when he sees the boy running towards the bus stop. Jungkook gets in, greets the bus rider with a small thank you and good morning and sits on his usual spot, the first seat on the right next to the window.

He does like he does everyday: he sleeps. It’s a twenty minutes ride to the subway station and he got used to, since he started university, sleep on the way. On the beginning, he was worried he would miss his stop but he guesses his body got used to it, or something like that, because he have never missed it . Luckily, he wouldn't miss it today.

What he wasn’t expecting was the bus to pass on a big hole — he didn’t pay his taxes for that! —, his head hitting the glass of the window, doing a slightly poc. Jungkook wakes up with his head throbbing softly and gosh, why? He puts his hand on his forehead, massaging the place where he had just hit.

He feels so lazy and so sleepy that, honestly, he just wants to fall asleep again and he would have done that if he hasn’t just spotted a guy getting up of his seat.

He is short, is the first thing Jungkook notices. Blonde, big eyes and big cheeks, doesn’t look so older than him and has a child face — Jungkook would not be surprised if he is younger than him. And he is handsome. Really handsome.

Before getting off the bus, the guy looks at him and smiles softly. Jungkook feels his face getting warmer when he realizes he was staring, and hoped he was not blushing. 

He asks himself how can someone look so pretty at 7 in the morning.

This moment probably just lasted a second or two , but inside Jungkook’s mind, lasted forever. But, as soon as this happens, as soon as this small moment happens, the guy leaves, the bus door closing and the bus leaving.

Does he always take the bus at this time? Jungkook asks himself but, honestly, he doesn’t know because, the first thing he does after getting in the bus is find a spot to fall asleep so he had never really payed attention on his surroundings.

Jungkook would have to find out on the next day.