Chapter 7

If I Let You Go

'Seulgi' Irene called out. 

Seulgi couldnt even speak out a word. She was so choked up, nothing could escape from as she look at the other girl. All of a sudden, Seulgi felt a water drop onto her nose. She looked up to feel more pour onto her face. It has began to rain. It was absolutely pouring. In no time Seulgis hair were wet and it was impossible now to detect that she was crying. Irene didnt even flinch. She just allowed the shower drop onto her. Even her expression remained the same as she stood. Their eyes met, Seulgis mysery alone with Irenes mystery. 

'This is why I didnt tell you more about my kiss' Irene spoke out

Seulgi looked puzzled as she listened to Irene.

'I didnt want to tell you anything, yet' She began to slowly approach her. The rain was beating against their skin more violently. The weather perfectly resembled Seulgis feelings and heart was beating powerfuly and uncontrollably fast. She wanted to hold her chest tightly in fear that it might burst. Irene was moving closer and closer to her, eyes stuck to hers. The rain drops were soaking Seulgis eye lashes and she couldnt stop herself from blinking. It was now a constant down pour as they stood in the scene. There was complete silence between them, only the sound of the rain hitting against the trees and the now damp asphalt. It was a moment of tension between them, until Irene spoke again

'I didnt want to tell you... because I was afraid Seulgi' she added '... and I wanted to protect myself all this time, but then I just couldnt even stop myself. I couldnt stop myself from you' Irene was so close to her now. So close, she could sense her sweet perfume meeting her nostrils. It made her feel butterlies in her stomach and she really wanted to bite her lip. Irene stopped talking for a moment, still focused on Seulgis eyes until her gaze fell downward onto her lips. Seulgi could only gulp, unable to speak a word, there she stood. Irenes looked once again at the girls eyes and then at her lips until she finally couldnt resist the urge and they kissed. Palms instantly cupping onto Seulgis cheeks, she held her tightly.There was a sense of need in Irenes actions. Leaving Seulgi frozen from emotions, unable to do anything. She was lost in Irenes embrace. Like a dream it was for Seulgi, and in her mind she wanted this exact moment to last forever. It was her first time to receive a kiss, and it was a kiss from someone who she fell for, Irene. Was it all just a dream? She really wanted to pinch herself to clarify her thoughts. She could feel Irenes soft lips brush against hers. She believed every single movement to be real, but she just couldnt believe it. 

Irene slowly let go of the kiss, eyes still closed and foreheads touching, She lets out a smile. She was holding Seulgis head against hers and didnt want to let go for even one minute.

'Seulgi?' she whispers 'I didnt want to tell you more about my kiss because it was with a boy... i like girls' she held back for a split second. 'I like you Seulgi' she plated a small peck onto Seulgis lips and opened her eyes to glance at the other girl. Seulgis eyes opened too, as if she woke up from a dream. Except it was reality. She was kissing Irene, in the rain.

'I am sorry about Sooyoung. I hope you can forgive her for this. She got a bit too drunk and went a bit crazy about the fact.' 

'Does she know about you liking girls?' 

'No' Irene said with a sad tone in her voice 'I was never able to tell her. I felt she wouldnt understand it' 

'Maybe that is why she just screamed it out for everyone to hear' Seulgi replied and Irene just glared at her with a loving look.

'It doesnt matter now... just kiss me again Seulgi' She guided Seulgi towards her and their lips once again locked. The rain was still pouring down onto them, however them being so caught up in the special moment didnt notice any bit of it, until they let go. Both glancing up at the sky their eyes met once more and they simultaneously let out a laugh.

'It has been pouring all this time Seulgi' Irene burst out laughing. 'Grab my hand' she let out her hand to which Seulgi responded by holding it tightly and following her. 

'Where are we running Joohyun?' Seulgi asked as she was running behind Irene

'I honestly dont know... You dont want to go home right now, do you?' Irene called out and Seulgi could only let out a smile 'Lets hide somewhere, from the rain' 

They kept on running throught the rain. Whether it was this weather or any weather, Seulgi wanted it to be just the way it is. She was with Irene and that was what mattered the most. She finally could feel her soft lips against her and her warm embrace. It was like nothing else mattered, only Irenes presence. She felt like in a dream. Was it even reality now. She wanted to pinch herself to confirm the truths. It was all in fact, unbelievable that she is now racing throught the shower with her hands linked to an angel. Her mind was clustered with thoughts and her heart was exploding with feelings. She was still under shock.

Along the road, they suddenly passed by a huge tree with branches spread widely. It was indeed a great place for shelter right now. The wind was so cool now it was almost piercing through their skin and Irene could feel it as she shivered. Glancing at her Seulgi took off her long jacket, without hesitation, and wrapped it around the shaking girl. Irene looked at her with concerned eyes. 

'You will be cold yourself Seulgi' 

'I am okay' The truth being different. Seulgi felt the breeze on her body but pretended as if she is perfectly okay. Irene wasnt deceived this easily and she approached the girl to wrap the coat around both of them. She held Seulgi in a tight embrace, her chin falling onto Seulgis shoulder.

'I am sorry, I didnt tell you the truth before' she proceeded with her speech 'If not for Sooyoung, telling me about your feelings, I doubt I would have even told you this Seulgi. I liked you for a bit now. It happened all of a sudden and then I just wanted to know you better.' 

Seulgi listened to every word. She felt warmth in her heart and her cheeks were burning.

'Its crazy Seulgi, I know. Theres so many things to say. I dont like boys this is why I didnt like my first kiss. I only kissed that boy because I was desperately trying to convince myself that I am, in fact, normal. I tried to convince myself that I am like the other girls. Ever since I began to question my orientation, I just wanted it all to turn out to be a phase so I can live normally and without shame. But I couldnt do it... That boy was Sehun'

'Does he know, that you like girls?'

'He doesnt. No one knows. Not even Sooyoung, as you could see'

Seulgi immediately thought about her situation. No one knew about her feelings as well. Not even her best friend, Seungwan. 

'I havent told anyone either, not even my best friend Seungwan. I was always afraid of this' Seulgi said with a rather sad expression.

'Seulgi... please dont be sad' Irene looked at her and held her chin. 'I am here, and I want us to be something. Only if you allow this' 

Seulgi knew her feelings and she knew as well what she wanted. She was greedy and wanted all of Irene for herself. She wanted all her love and affection as well as the attention. She needed her, and now that she was so close she didnt want to release her for even a moment.

Their lips met once again, brushing softly against each other as they embraced, wrapped in the jacket. 

'I want you Joohyun... I wanted to have you ever since I have seen you walk in.' 

'Dont talk Seulgi' she said immediately and kissed Seulgis lips.

~

'Are your parents not going to worry about you not arriving home Joohyun? Seulgi asked with a concerned look. It was getting really late at night and the two girls were still holding eachother tightly.

'Well they actually arent even home now, they went for a visit to my aunt. They will be back tomorrow aftern...' Their dialogue was disturbed by a sudden rumbling sound coming from the sky. Throught the darkened clouds came a tumble of the penetrating thunder. 

'The weather is getting bad, maybe we both should go home' Irene suggested. '.. and get some rest'

Seulgi nodded as they both set off, towards their homes. The journey not being far, they sprinted throught the thick rain, until they ended up safetly under Irenes porch.

'Are you okay to rest now?' Seulgi asked, and Irene nodded sloTwly. She let out a soft smile, her rosy cheeks were wet from the rain. She looked beautiful even now with her clothes dripping and her hair now glued to her forehead. To Seulgi she always looked mesmerising. 

'Will you be okay to stay alone?' Seulgi added

'Yes I will...' her words were stopped by a loud thump from above which caused Irene to jerk with fear. Her eyes widened, as she grabbed onto Seulgis arm.

'Are you scared of the thunder?' 

'A bit' Irene said shyly.

'Maybe let me stay with you' 

They walked into the corridor of the home, with no source of light, they found themselves in pitch darkness. At the flick of a switch everything lit up to reveal a long hall with a stair case leading to the upstairs bedrooms. Without hesitation Irene held onto Seulgis hand to direct her into her room. 

'I will give you spare clothing Seulgi, these are wet. You will get sick. You need to warm up too. Head over to the shower and I will make us both tea, okay?'

They stepped into a spacious room. It appeared to be Irenes, with a huge bed and a tall wooden wardrobe that she was now opening to take out clothes that Seulgi could change into.

'Here wear those, and here is the bathroom. There are towels in there too. Dont be shy, I will be downstairs making tea.'

'What about you taking a shower?' Seulgi asked

'After you, dont worry' she turned around and disappeared from Seulgis view, leaving her. She walked down stairs and couldnt help but smile from cheek to cheek. 'She is so beautiful' she thought to herself 'I am so lucky. This is turning out so well for now' She was lost in her mind as she was switching on the kettle for tea to be made. Leaning against the counter she bit her lip and grinned. Her heart was thumping just like Seulgis, and all this time she too feared it might burst. She now had Seulgi with her, and she almost couldnt believe the situation, that Seulgi too feels the same, that they share similar emotions, and want to be together. This scenario truly fits so well. 

As Irene was pouring the water into two small yellow cups she could hear the sound of footsteps coming from upstairs. Seulgi was now heading to her, and her heart was racing over again, and she couldnt stop herself. She looked straight at Seulgi and smiled as she passed to her, the cup of hot drink.

'Sit here Seulgi, and warm up more. I will be right back' Irene told her as she directed herself upstairs to warm up in the shower.

Seulgi was with herself and her own thoughts. Everything she has wished for was coming true in just one day. She not only wished to confess her feelings to Irene, but her feelings were awknowledged and definitely not looked down upon. In fact, her and Irene shared similar feelings, and this was something she couldnt never consider until now. Today was the day her lips have touched another person and she hasnt felt anything better. She was never planning on the perfect moment and never imagined it to be this surreal but it was. The moment she felt Irenes soft and tender lips on hers, it truly felt like heaven.

~

They were both now sitting on Irenes bed with cups in their palms. They were busy talking and from time to time glancing at the window as the rain hit from it harshly. Suddenly Irene let out a soft yawn as she rubbed one of her eyes. 

'Youre tired Irene, maybe get some rest' Seulgi advised, as she placed her now empty cup on the small table next to the bed. 

'Okay' Irene placed her cup next to the one Seulgi placed. She then grabbed onto Seulgis arms and guided her towards her 'But now I want you here to rest with me' She wrapped Seulgis arm around herself and laid down onto the bed. Seulgi could only bring her closer to herself as her chin rested on Irenes shoulder. Kissing her cheek she spoke.

'I want us to be together Joohyun'

'I want us to be together too Seulgi, only If you wont let me go' 

'Now that I have you, I will never let you go'

'Goodnight Seulgi Bear' Irene giggled softly

'Good Night Joohyun' Seulgi smiled as she kissed Irenes cheek again. Their eyes both shut and they fell asleep together.