Chapter 6

If I Let You Go

I said Yes Seulgi' Seungwans voice was heard through the phone 'I really like him a lot' 

'I am honestly happy for you Seungwan' Seulgi responded with joy.

She wanted to show the most support she could for her friend. She was clearly ecstatic over the news and wanted to celebrate along with Seungwan.

'Can we maybe hang out today, Seulgi?' she suddenly asked.

Seulgi knew well she will be busy tonight with Irene. It was something she was delighted about. She wondered if she should tell her about her plans, and of course Irene.

'Seungwan...' she stopped for a moment 'I think I need to talk to you about something' she said with a sense of hesitation.

'Are you okay Seulgi? Your voice seems a bit down' 

Seulgi stopped for a moment to think of this choice. Is it really the right thing to do now? She was nervous and afraid of telling her own best friend about her feelings. She truly worried that things might change when she confesses the truth. They never discussed such things. Seulgi was in fact very tense whenever something like this was about to come up in conversations. Avoiding the topic she always tried to act as if everything was okay with her. The truth was that Seungwan never thought that Seulgi liked girls. She saw Seulgi as a hardworking and passionate person, that just never had time for romance. Even when Seulgi was quiet as Seugwan discussed boys, she just thought shes shy about her feelings and never wanted to talk. This was something Seulgi needed to talk about so desperately, but she just didnt know how.

'Actually Seungwan, its okay' Seulgi responded letting out an awkward giggle. It was clear to see it wasnt sincere. Seulgi backed out of it all once again. She is just denying herself more and more as she waits for the perfect moment. Seungwan was perfectly aware of it but she wanted to give her time. She knew her friend too well, and could notice from her tone that things were not right. However she decided to be patient and wait for her friend to open up to her. She believed deep inside that Seulgi will come to her when the right time comes.

'Okay Seulgi' she spoke with a hint of concern in her voice 'I really hope you are okay'

'I am Seungwan. Please dont worry about me. I am doing well' 

In fact, Seulgi was partly lying. She wasnt doing well completely. Surely she was happy spedning time with Irene but among all this joy there was also deep sadness and sorrow. She was falling more and more for Irene day by day and she couldnt release those feelings anywhere but to herself, in her room, when she is alone, thinking about Irene and her perfect smile. She wished she could be by her side and make that smile appear everyday both the first minute of the morning and the last minute of the night.

'I believe you Seulgi' 

'I hope you do' Seulgi said with a low voice. Her heart was about to burst from her chest. She felt down about what she just told Seungwan. She was just digging further into her lies.

'So... Can we hang out today? Or are you busy Seulgi?' Seungwan asked

'I... I am busy Seungwan' Seulgi hesitated for a bit 'I am going somewhere with Joohyun' she added.

'Irene?'

'Yeah'

'She is so pretty. Did you see her new hair. It suits her so well' Seungwan spoke on and on praising Irenes beauty, and Seulgi couldnt help but smile as she thought the exact same thing about her. She was absolutely like a work of art. Every single feature of her face appeared to be carved to perfection. Seulgi definitely couldnt deny this and she was truly feeling so much love for that piece of art. 'Well I hope you have fun' Seungwan spoke happily 'Return home safe too' 

'Thank you' Seulgi answered 'I will talk to you later'

'Sure Seulgi Bear' she giggled.

'Stop' Seulgi laughed.

'Bye Seungwan' 

'Bye Seulgi'

~

It was 7 o'clock on the dot when Seulgi glanced at her watch. It was soon the time to get going. She was just leaving her house, dressed in a long dark jacket and dark pants. The weather was definitely colder than it was the previous day, and there was a mention of rain. For now it was just dull, and the only lights to be seen were the overhead street lights and the passing cars. Seulgi held her phone in her hands and it was seen that she was typing something out. When she was finished she leaned onto the metal gate by her. Her head turned towards the neighbouring home as she waited for Irene to exit. Moments passed until the front door of the house opened and a girl dressed in a long black dress. In Seulgis eyes she looked like a dream, a picture of perfection. 

'Seulgi, hello' Irene greeted the girl with a smile as she approached her 'You look really nice' she added and Seulgi couldnt help but smile widely.

'You do too' Seulgi said and she definitely was not lying. Irene looked marvelous, as if she was some sort of celebrity or model. 

'Thank you' Irene smiled 'We should go now. Its actually not that far, so we can walk' 

Seulgi had no problem with walking with Irene. It was truly a pleasure for her to spend time with her. For her even doing the most boring things would make sense. She would find happiness in staring at a wall if it was with Irene. She would last a whole class of maths with Mr Lee without complaining, if it was with Irene. 

It was after a few minutes they have reached a large mansion. It looked similar to a castle, with a huge back garden surrounded by large trees and bushes. Seulgi felt as if she was going into a home of a King or Queen. Feeling a bit awkward she followed Irenes steps onto the front porch. She was very nervous at this point. She will be meeting Irenes friends and she didnt know how to feel now. She wanted to make the best impression on them so she will be liked. This was her main aim and she truly didnt want to fail.

'Dont be so tense Seulgi' Irene said.

'Sorry'

Seulgi didnt even realise just how nervous and tense she was. If Irene could see it it was definite that the other people will notice to. There was no doubt about this.

After the knock on the door, they swung open to reveal a tall slim boy. His eyes were piercing and he was very handsome. His features were so defined. Seulgi could recognise the boy althought she knew very little about him. He was called Sehun and he was a nicknamed 'handsome' There was so many girls following him every day that it was too hard to count. 

'Irene' He said with a little lisp 'Youre here and this is?' he asked

'This is Seulgi, my friend. I told you about her' Irene responded

'Right' he softly slapped his forehead as he tried to recall back to the moment he was told 'Come in'

They both enter into a large room. It looked extremely expensive and luxurious. The floor was shiny and the furniture looked costly. There was no doubt about the fact that the handsome boy was well off. 

'More people will be here in a minute. Do you want a drink?' Sehun asked.

'What would you like Seulgi?' Irene turned to her and asked.

'Water'

Sehun couldnt help but laugh at the girl. Her expression showed confusion, as Irene giggled.

'I mean alcohol' 

Seulgi has never tasted alcohol in her life and has never thought about it. She was legal to drink it and decided that it wont hurt her to drink one small drink.

'Sorry...' she stopped until she added 'Whatever you have I will drink. But dont put a lot of alcohol in it' 

'Ill just have what ever Seulgi is having, is that okay?' Irene added.

To that the boy nodded and disappeared into another room to get their drinks. As this was happening, Irene was looking at her phone. She was clearly trying to contact someone by text. Seulgi just looked around admiring the well done furniture and beautiful paintings surrounding her. 

'Sooyoung should be here soon' Irene suddenly said as she looked up at Seulgi. She noticed the girl staring at a picture hanging on the wall. It was a picture of two hearts fused into one. Somehow it grabbed Seulgis attention and she could only think of Irene.

'Thats a nice picture, dont you think?' Irene said as she looked at Seulgi. Seulgi shook out of her daze and glanced straight into the girls eyes. Silence filled the room and Seulgis heart began thumping as her eyes were fixed onto Irene. She couldnt somehow release herself from the stare. She really wanted to take a look at Irenes soft lips but she didnt want to give anything away. Fighting her own temptation, the scene was suddenly disturbed by Sehun entering the room again. Seulgi snapped out of the trance and held onto the cup given to her. She didnt notice Sehun pouring an extra amount of alcohol into the cup. His aim was to make the girl drunk quickly, something the girls both didnt expect.

Seulgi took a small sip and she immediately felt the strong taste in . To her it was absolutely disgusting and it was showing. Sehun only observed her and smiled.

'First time drinking. Youll get used to it' 

The door suddenly ran and Sehun walked over to accept new guests, one of them including Sooyoung. She quickly noticed both Irene and Seulgi and jogged over to greet them.

'Hello Irene and Seulgi.' she was showing a grin as she looked at Seulgis facial expression to the alcohol she just drank 'Are you alright?' she couldnt help but start to laugh as Seulgi just nodded. 

'I think thats everyone' Sehun yelled out as he turned the stereo on, playing music loudly. Immediately people began to dance and swing from side to side to the beat as they awaited their drinks. 'Theres snacks there too if anyone wants them' Sehun added as he walked around greeting everyone with a bow.

As time passed Seulgi found herself getting more and more tipsy. The whole room was shaking in her eyes, and she really felt the need to sit down. She felt so ill but she couldnt say it to anyone because the room was filled with deafening music. She seated herself on the large sofa right next to Sooyoung that was busy talking to two girls that Seulgi didnt recognise. She closed her eyes so that everything could stop turning over. Suddenly she felt a nudge coming from Sooyoung. Her eyes rolled up and her vision turned to the girl but she could barely tell who she was talking to.

'Seulgi' Sooyoung yelled over the music 'Are you okay?'

Seulgi couldnt hear very well so she toppled over onto Sooyoungs shoulder to get a better hear of the girls words

'I said, Are you okay?' 

Seulgi only let out a nod as she once again closed her eyes to stop herself from feeling any more ill. She was under the influence of alcohol and had no idea of her surroundings anymore. She just wanted to be at home and sleep. Irene wasnt by her side right now and she didnt even have an idea of where she went. 

'Seulgi' Sooyoung called again 'Do you like Irene?' she giggled.

'I love her so much' Seulgi spoke out proudly. She didnt realise what she just let out of . She was in her own world, where she felt confidence and she just wanted to speak out everything that came to her mind 'She is amazing, I am so in love with her. But please dont tell Irene, this must be our little secret' She put her finger towards her lips and collapsed onto Sooyoungs shoulder, as the girls eyes widened and she looked at her friends with a big evil smile. 

It was not clear for Seulgi how much time has passed, but when her eyes opened she felt much better. She eyes the whole room to see people swinging from side to side. They were drunk of course. She felt sane again and she knew she didnt want another taste of that disgusting liquid that made her speak the truth. She forgot the incident so she didnt feel any nerves. She got up to look for Irene, until she noticed her surrounded by Sehun and another quite handsome boy, which Seulgi couldnt recognize. She walked towards them until the stopped music made her freeze. Heads turned towards the stereo to see Sooyoung with the cable in her hand.

'Guys' she toppled onto her side. She was clearly were drunk at this stage and couldnt stand on her feet properly. 'I... have something to say to you all' she spoke very slowly 'You know Seulgi' she pointed towards the girl 'She told me some wonderful news' she burst out laughing as Seulgi glared straight at her with a puzzled expression. 'You guys know Seulgi... she liked Irene' Seulgis eyes suddenly opened really widely in shock. She couldnt believe what Sooyoung was saying. She was now speechless and couldnt comprehend how she knew about her deeply help secret. 'She likes Irene, like...' she made a kissing face and laughed out loud in the process. Everyones gaze suddenly to Seulgi and she didnt know what to do at this point. She felt shame and embarrassment, but she managed to turn her eyes onto Irene, who with a blank expression stared at her. She wasnt moving or saying anything. Seulgi wanted to just bury herself or disappear. All that could be done is turn around and run out of the house as soon as possible, and this is what was done. In no time Seulgi was outside. The streets were all dark with only the street lamps as company. She walked along the road sobbing. The tears were dripping down her red face. She was broken and didnt know what to do right now. Irene now knew about her feelings. She knew that she liked her, or else she didnt since Sooyoung was intoxicated while speaking. The only thing she wanted now was to end up in bed and falling asleep, forgetting about the shame at least for a tiny moment. She kept walking on however, definitely surpassing her home, she walked on and on, lost in her thoughts. She had no idea of where she was going. Going on wherever her feet take her. She had no one. 'Irene will surely turn away from me, how embarrassing. What should i do?' she thought to herself as she bit her lip to stop herself from crying more. Her tears were never ending. She found herself now standing outside in the darkness, with the cool wind blowing against her wet cheeks. The weather described her feelings perfectly, cold and dark.

~

'Can I just disappear?' she thought to herself as she wiped her tears with her sleeve. 'This is actually so painful, god damn it' 

She looked at the road and saw no passing cars. She stepped forward and tooked up at the sky 'Can a car just come and run me over?' 

Seulgi was bursting with feelings and she felt like she was about to scream out loud. 'Why must it happen to me?' she asked her mind. 

She wiped her tears again 'Maybe ill just go home' 

She decided to head towards her shelter and hiding spot until she was a figure standing in the distance. They were not moving just glaring and not saying anything. Seulgi got a small shock until she realised... It was Irene, looking at her

 

 

 

Hello, 

Here is also a small message from me. Thank you in advance to all that are reading this fanfiction. I am so happy if you are enjoying it. I will understand any criticism and in fact I will bare it in mind as i write more. This is my first story, so I dont expect it to be so brilliant, but I truly want to try and write something.

This is a very short message from me. Forgive me for that

Thank you once again

P