Chapter 3

If I Let You Go

The set alarmed went off waking the yawning Seulgi from her heavy sleep. Today was Saturday but she had no plans at all. She couldve met with her best friend Seungwan or just sit home. Sitting home was the best option right now. She was somehow still thinking about last night, everything so fresh in her head as if it all happened two minutes ago. She was on an emotional rollercoaster, and today the beauty might speak with her once again. She honestly couldnt wait. She was so ready to sit in her room by the window, waiting. Hoping that perhaps Irene would appear there any minute. She jumped to run over to her window, to see if the Beauty is there. She knew she was acting desperate but she couldnt resist. She swung the curtains open, her heart beating like a bell, only to see the curtains in Irenes room closed. She looked down onto the floor, biting her lip. She shook out of the trance and decided to just do something productive with her day, instead of waiting for Irene. 'Maybe Ill just go outside and get some fresh air' She thought to herself for a moment. She got ready very quick and grabbed onto her necessities. Rushing out the door she turned her head towards Irenes house, hoping to maybe catch a glimpse of Irene leaving her house or looking out the window. She really wanted to see her this much. Nothing. Irene was not there. All windows to her house were blocked with dark curtains. It was hard to deny the fact that Seulgi was disappointed with this. She wanted to at least take a glance. Thats all that she was asking for. But she just walked on. She didnt even know where to go. Wherever her feet take her. She felt lonely at this moment, wanted to go back to last night as they discussed themselves. There are so many more things she wanted to ask Irene until it all ended. She was in fact very curious about Irene and what kind of a person she was. The more she talked though, the more she fell for her. She is truly a very caring person, almost like a mother. At this moment she was mesmerized and spellbound by Irenes charms. 'How long am I going to hold this on for?' she asked herself. She was full of strong emotions, and with Irene next to her she knew that she surely wont get over this crush. 

Seulgi suddenly stopped by a huge building, by a enormous glass window through which she looked, only to see a familiar figure staring back at her. Her facial expression changed from confused to a cheerful one. This smile was recognizable from a milie away. It was Irene that was seated next to another girl. She had long black hair, soft full lips and grey eyes. She wore contact lenses, and she looked a bit different than usual but Seulgi knew that the girl was indeed Sooyoung, one of Irenes best friends. Seulgi stood still, glaring straight at Irene. She couldnt believe it was her. She tried to let out a smile but she couldnt even do this. She was very shocked at all this luck coming her way. Irene suddenly let out a wave towards the girl, in hopes that she will see and maybe even wave back. But Seulgi stood drilled in one position. 'God she is so beautiful' she believed, even thought it was clear to see that Irene didnt have any make up on, but just a pair of glasses. Her hair was tied up into a pony tail and she was dressed in casual clothing. She still looked like an absolute angel in Seulgis eyes, and she couldnt help but to bite her lip and move on. She pondered on the idea of joining Irene and Sooyoung but she didnt want to appear thirsty for attention. She thought that maybe her friendliness would be mistaken for wanting and longing. But truly that was just all in Seulgis head. She still approached Irene and Sooyoung slowly to greet them quietly. 'Hello... Irene and Sooyoung' She spoke quietly. She felt so shy at this moment, all her sense triggered as she blushed.

'Hi Seulgi. How are you today?' Irene asked with a hug smile on her face, Her eyes fixed onto her. 

'Oh, I am great, i guess. I decided to just take a walk and get some fresh air. How are you? I see you and Sooyoung are having a little chat' She suddenly glanced over at Sooyoung, whose expression showed no emotion at all. 

'Yes. Do you want to maybe join us?' She asked. Seulgi couldnt help but feel warmth all over her body, but she knew she really cant be doing this to herself. She cant allow Irene to draw her in any further. She didnt want this to be a game for herself. She really liked Irene, and althought she really wanted to talk with her right this minute, she was confused inside. 'Should i stay here or should i just go home right now and stay in bed for the rest of my life' she thought to herself. 

'Well... I am busy now. I mean I really need to be going somewhere now, so maybe later?' she waited for Irene to answer with a 'Yes' She hoped that Irene will be there to talk to her later today, so that it could all be just like it was yesterday. Magical and breath taking.

Irene didnt reply for a split second as she was taking a sip of her tea. She swallowed quickly and blurted out 'Yes of course Seulgi' she let out a smile 'Lets talk later' 

Seulgi did the same. A smile appeared on her face. She couldnt help but let her happiness come out into view. She was over the moon in fact.

'Ill see you later so. Bye Joohyun' She moved her hand in a waving motion. '...and you too Sooyoung, bye' She made a quick eye contact with Sooyoung and then she turned around to walk away from the girl. If only Irene knew how she felt inside. If only she knew how much she actually liked her. As minutes passed, she liked her more and more.

~

'You seem like a really shy person Seulgi' she smiled at the other girl throught her window. 

'You think so? I think im rather energetic. I mean i am very lively with my own friends, like Seungwan. Maybe you know her?' Seulgi spoke.

'I have seen her a few times around the school, but I dont really know her personally. I know that she is a really magnificent singer. I heard her sing a few times and I was honestly mind blown' she stopped for a moment. 'Can you sing Seulgi?' 

Seulgi really liked singing but she definitely didnt classify herself as a good singer. 'No, I cant sing' she immediately let out. It wasnt even a second until Irenes laugh reached her ears. 'Why are you laughing?' she asked.

'Well' Irene stops. 'Its not like I cant hear you singing from time to time' This made Seulgi blush, and feel embarrassed to the core. She wanted to immidiatelly apologise to the girl but she couldnt let out a single word. 'Isnt it Beyonce? 'If I Were a Boy?' Irene was in fact correct. Seulgi loved to sing and Beyonce was one of her favorite singers. She just allowed herself for a nod. 'Youre a brilliant singer, Seulgi' she added. 'I would love to hear you sing someday' 

Seulgi suddenly choked. Singing for Irene would be so wonderful but she couldnt really imagine it, especially when she is love struck. Sometimes she can barely speak in front of Irene, let alone sing. 'I will sing for you so, but not now. I am shy' 

'I know you are Seulgi. You are a quiet person and dont even try and deny this. Just take a look at yourself. You barely say anything around new people unless you are asked. You looked so awkward this morning' she giggled. She suddenly stopped as if some million dollar idea came to her head. 'Maybe you would like to meet more of my friends?' she asked suddenly. 'There is a party soon and I want to take you so you can meet more of my friends.'

'A party?' Seulgi thought to herself. She really wondered about this idea. Why does Irene want her to meet her friends anyways. Does she plan on expanding this friendship between them? The truth was that she really wanted to be close to Irene. But she had a battle with her own self. Did she really want to fall into this trap. She didnt want to take the risk of getting to know Irene and then falling for her even more than now. 'I dont know Joohyun. I dont want to push myself onto you. Is it a good idea' 

'Of course it is Seulgi. I want you to meet my friends and get to know new people' Irene uttered 'Please Seulgi. It will be fun'

Seulgi honestly couldnt fight Irene on this. She could see Irenes face become dull and sad. 'Please' she pouted. 'Please go with me, I would love to have you there'

Could she honestly reject Irene at this point. It was truly obviousy that she couldnt. 'Fine Irene, I will go with you to the party.' 

Irene promptly lit up and swifty stood up. She clapped her hands and jumped up with joy, as if she couldnt control her feelings. 'Thank you so much Seulgi' she smiled showing her perfect teeth and added 'I am so happy' 

If only Irene knew just how happy Seulgi was just looking at the picture of perfection, hopping like a fool in front of her. It was so cute to see just how content Irene was. It only made Seulgis heart skip a beat. How can she be so beautiful. 'Does this girl even have any faults?' she suddenly asked herself 'Of course not, you fool. She is perfection. Have you forgotten?' 

'Seulgi its getting late, and i need to get to sleep now' she looked at Seulgi with disappointed eyes '... and tomorrow, I need to go with my parents to spend time with the rest of my family. Its like a family get together, you know? She sighed 'I wont be there to talk with you tomorrow. I am sorry Seulgi'

'Its okay Joohyun' she spoke calmy, trying so hard to not allow her sadness to be expressed 'I hope you spend good time with your family'

'Thank you Seulgi' she grinned 'But I cant wait to see you again' 

Seulgis heart began to thump quickly and she felt her face get hot. 'I... I cant wait either' 

'Good Night Seulgi' 

'Good Night Joohyun' 

It ended so quickly. Now Seulgi was left alone on the window sill as Irenes curtains suddenly closed. She was left with only her feelings to keep her company. The truth was she was bursting with emotion. The more she talked to Irene the more she fell for her, and now Irene invited her to her life.She wanted her to meet her friends and be part of her life. How was Seulgi supposed to feel now? She looked up at the moon, as it hung high in the sky, so clear and beautiful. The palm of her hand suddenly reached towards her face. She felt her warm cheeks as she touched them. 'I am blushing so much. Damn it!' she whispered 'Did she notice? I really hope not'

She slid off the window sill and stood up still looking outside at the sky. 'Its so beautiful, but not as beautiful as Joohyun' her eyes suddenly looked at the closed curtains. 'See you soon, Joohyun' she turned around to walk towards her bed. She allowed herself to be thrown onto her pillows and she let out a sigh. I really like her' she smiled at herself and closed her eyes.

~

Sunday was a very long day for Seulgi. She couldnt think of anything but Irene and her perfect features. She was like a work of art that she had to draw. Seulgi was in fact very good at drawing. She had a lot of sketchpads hanging around her room. She thought that the only thing missing now was a sketch of Irene. She quickly snapped out of such thoughts. 'Am I a freaking creep or something?' she thought to herself as she bit her lip 'She so perfect thought'

Her thoughts were disturbed by a sudden phone call from Seungwan, her best friend. She peered at her phone and reached out to pick up. 

'Hello' she said. 

'Hello Seulgi' she heared the girl call out through the phone with a cheerful tone. 'How are you Bear?' she giggled

'Ugh...' Seulgi grunted 'Dont call me this or I will hit you' 

Seungwan couldnt help but laugh out loud. She loved to mess with her friend and annoy her like this.

Seunwan and Seulgi were best friends since pre-school and ever since then they were inseperable. They practically knew everything about each other. Almost. Seulgi never told her about her Irene crush all this time. She wasnt even sure it would all last this long, but here she was falling more and more each day.

'Seulgi, can i maybe come over today?' she asked softly 'We havent talked all of Friday and yesterday. I was worried you forgot about me' she added.

'No Seungwan, I havent forgotten about you, are you crazy?' she spoke without thinking. 'I am sorry. Please come over. I really want to see you' 

'When can I come over so?'

'As soon as you can Seungwan' she couldnt stand sitting alone in her room with all those thoughts of Irene in her head. She needed a distraction, from the beauty. 

'Okay Seulgi, Ill be over soon' she hung up and left Seulgi to herself. 

~

Seulgi darted towards the door and swung them open and greet Seungwan with such joy. She hugged her tightly and didnt let go for a moment. She was so happy to see her. 'Seungwan, I really missed you. Please come in' she let go of Seungwan and invited her inside. They both paced upstairs and shut the door behind them. 

'Its really good to see you Seulgi' she smiled at the girl 'I really wanted to see you, but...' she suddenly stopped. Seulgi suddenly moved her eyes towards Seungwan. She was curious to know, what the 'but' was about. 'Are you okay Seungwan?' she asked with a concerned expression. 

'Yeah, I just...' she stopped as she scratched her head. ' I dont even know how to say this' 

'Just say it Seungwan.' Seulgi exclaimed.

'I was asked out by someone' she looked down onto the floor with a rather shy expression. 'His name is Xiumin and he asked out on a date. I really like him too' 

Seulgi let out a smile. She was so happy for Seungwan. It was her first first time hearing about a boy from Seungwan, and she looked so happy too. All she could do was support her.

'Did you say yes?' 

'I want to, but I told him that I need time to make up my mind' Seungwan voiced as she blushed.

'I think you should give him a chance if you really like him Seungwan' Seulgi responded 

Seunwan didnt answer her but just nodded. They both sat in silence for a moment until Seungwan found the courage to speak again 'How about you Seulgi? Do you like anyone?'

Seulgi thought of a reasonable response to this question. She wanted to be honest with her best friend, but she was a bit embarrassed to tell her the truth. She thought for a moment, stuck in between two roads, of lie and truth. 

'I dont have time for that Seungwan' she spoke with a feeling of guilt. 'Please forgive me' she thought to herself. 'Please forgive me for lying to you' 

'Thats alright Seulgi. Your time will come. You will meet someone special' she smiled at the girl.

The thing was that Seulgis time was there for over a year, but she couldnt say it to anyone. She couldnt even admit it to herself for a while. She really liked Irene and she couldnt stop thinking about her, even now. As Seungwan mentioned Xiumin, Seulgi couldnt help but think of Irene. She wished that she would get a chance with her, to tell her that she likes her. To tell her that she makes her hear flutter and her cheeks blush. She was that special someone to Seulgi.