Chapter 4

If I Let You Go

It was now Monday. Another day of daydreaming for Seulgi. Yet another day she will get to see Irene. She was so impatient rushing to school. Her heart was thumping so hard. She walked swiftly through the gates, looking straight ahead, not minding anyone or anything. The place was crowded with people. It was so hard to walk through the halls without bumping into anyone. Seulgi could feel peoples shoulders hitting off her arms. It was a very uncomfortable scene for Seulgi as she had to push through groups of people until she finally could reach her own locker. There was still time left until the start of the lesson, but Seulgi decided to just go straight to the classroom and sit there awaiting. She glanced the the door of the room and through the tiny window she saw it being empty. There was no one inside so she decided to swing the door open and stroll inside. It was when she was already inside that she noticed a small figure sitting in the corner of the room. Their head was down, so Seulgi couldnt really recognize who it was. From their figure she knew it was a girl with long purple hair. Seulgi let out a cough, in hopes of catching the girls attention and making her look up. The noise gave her a small shock as she shot up. Their eyes suddenly met and it was those eyes that made Seulgis insides heat up with joy. It was Irene, except she had a different hair color than before. She looked mind-blowing, and Seulgi couldnt help but smile at the girl. Her eyes widened as she stared in awe.

'Hey Seulgi' she spoke softly. Brushing her fingers through her hair. 'Do you like my new hair?' 

Seulgi nodded, unable to speak a single word. 

'I got it done yesterday, my parents took me out for dinner and well...' she stopped as her fingers got stuck in her hair 'This was a present' she added.

'I... Love the hair' Seulgi suddenly said with a smile. 'I think it suits you so well' 

Irene beamed with happiness, trying to express her gratitude. 

'Are you free today?' she suddenly let out. 'I mean, I would love to talk with you again' 

Seulgi smiled at her warmly, trying so hard not to blush right in front of her. 'Of course, Id like that'  

Suddenly the bell sounded out noisily, disturbing the conversation between the girls.

~

All day Seulgi was so distracted by Irenes beauty. She thought that the girls new hair added a whole new level of charm to her. She looked out of this world, and Seulgi felt more and more pressed as she looked at her. She grew more and more lost. She was stepping into something dangerous. Into Irenes world, as her friend. She was getting to know her more and more, and she was in fact falling more and more. She knew it wasnt wise and althought she wanted to refrain from this she couldnt resist Irenes grace and charisma. She fell for her so madly. How could she ever fall out of it, with Irene being so close.

~

It was time to go home and the halls were flooded with students. It all looked like a colony of ants, and Seulgi had to make her way through that. She noticed that Irene followed behind her. searching for locker. She suddenly outwalked the taller girl as she was rushing to reach her destination. Without warning Seulgi felt an energetic push that sent her shooting forward like an arrow, towards Irene. Both of them ended up against the wall. Both of their eyes were closed tightly. Their bodies shaking with shock. Seulgis arms ended up agaisnt the wall with Irene in between them. Suddenly her eyes opened and she looked around only to see Seulgi in front of her still in trauma. She wasnt moving, she kept on looking at the other girl and waited until her eyes opened. Their eyes met finally, and Seulgi felt her body heating up. She couldnt even let out a breath. She was so close to Irene, she could almost sense her exhaling out. She could definitely feel her sweet fragrance in the air. All of a sudden, she released Irene from her reach and moved aside looking towards the floor. 

'Im sorry...' she blurted out 'I didnt mean this. I was pushed onto you' 

'I know, Its okay' Irene said with a soft voice. She understood the situation, so she didnt even feel awkward about this. Unlike Seulgi, who was burning inside like a stove. Her heart was beating so fast it was about to burst. This was the closest she has ever been to anyone, and of all the people it was Irene. This wasnt the most perfect nor in any way romantic of a scene, but Seulgi truly wanted it to last forever. To be this close with Irene. 

The daze was discontined by a tall girl appearing next to the two girls. It was Sooyoung, whos facial expression was full of disgust.

'Gosh, here you are Irene. I was looking for you all over the halls, but couldnt see y..' she suddenly stopped looking at Seulgi with a blank expression 'Hey Seulgi, I didnt see you here' she aimed her words towards Seulgi until she turned back to Irene 'Can we go now please' she said as she grabbed onto Irenes arm and dragged her on with her. Irenes head shook looking towards Seulgi 'Will i see you later?' She asked shouting over the group of people in the halls.

'Later' Seulgi shouted back as she swinged her bag over her shoulder and walked on with a smile.

~

Her journey home was nothing but the incident flashing in her head. It was like a broken record playing on and on.  She couldnt think of anything else but Irene. Her eyes, her nose, her lips. Her features were so delicate and so perfect. She wished she could stare at them again the way she did before in the hallway. This thought hasnt left her until she arrived home. Immediately falling onto her bed, staring at the ceiling. She could only imagine question marks staring back at her. 'God, how is she so perfect, her scent, her gaze' she thought to herself. 'What am i doing?' she had a moment of realization 'Sure this was a wonderful moment, but i promised myself I will forget about her' her eyes suddenly shot towards her window 'But I cant' she rose and walked over to the widow uncovering the blinds. She stood there drilled onto the nieghbouring window. Irene wasnt there, at least not yet. She promised Seulgi she will be there tonight to talk to her, and this is what Seulgi wanted. She wanted Irene. She longed for her presence more and more. It was definitely becoming out of hand. It was definitely a trap that Seulgi couldnt release herself from. She was closed inside a box, almost pinned to the ground by Irenes charms. What could she do now? All she really wanted to do was sit and looking right at the girl of her dreams. She wanted Irene by her once again. 

~

Not a lot of time has passed until Irene finally arrived home. She appeared in her bedroom to immediately walk towards her window and open the curtains widely. Her eyes shooting at Seulgis window. She was clearly looking for her. 

'Seulgi?' There was however no reply 'Seulgi' she called again. 'Is she asleep?' she said to herself. She just shrugged and walked over to her desk and began studying. She was so focused that she didnt feel any time pass at all. She didnt realize that she was working for around an hour until she heard noises coming from the window.

'Irene' Seulgi called out desperately, as soon as she woke up, as if she missed the opportunity of her life 'Irene are you there?'

Irenes eyes raised towards the window through which she saw the girl looking at her with a huge smile on her face and her eyes almost twinkling with happiness.

'Hi Seulgi' she smiled 'I came home about an hour ago, but you were asleep' Seulgi smacked her forehead in embarrassment 'Youre a heavy sleeper' she giggled

'Im so sorry Joohyun. I didnt mean to fall asleep so early, and Im sorry...' she stopped to take a breath. 'Im sorry about what happened today in school. I didnt mean to hit off you. I hope I didnt hurt you' 

'You didnt' Irene quickly replied with a smile still on her face 'Its okay Seulgi, I know you didnt mean this' Irene added, which immidiately made Seulgi think. She wished she could be like this with Irene however she couldnt tell her this, so instead she giggled awkwardly.

'It was pretty intense' Irene suddenly added to break off the silence that arose. 'This usually happens in dramas. Where the boy suddenly ends up so close to the girl, they are about to...' she froze and she covered with her hands 'Kiss' she murmured. Another rather awkward silence broke out and Seulgi could only stare at the girl, wishing that their lips met at that moment. She really wanted to feel her soft, tender lips on hers, and fall into a dream. This however would never happen and she knew well of it. 

'So, Seulgi...' her eyes fixing onto the other girl. 'Have you kissed anyone?' This question made Seulgi choke. She couldnt even make a sound. What could she say to the girl. She has never kissed anyone, because she has never even liked a boy in her life. Yet, at this moment she was asked about kissing.

'No' she spoke shyly. 'I have not. Have you?' she suddenly asked hoping that Irene would say 'No'

'Well... yeah' Somehow Seulgi wasnt surprised to hear this answer. Irene was so beautiful there had to be someone who would love to steal her kiss. 'It was a long time ago though' she suddenly spoke again, and Seulgis full attention was brought to her. She was listening carefully to every single word she said. 'I actually didnt like it at all' she giggled 'Its not important though' 

'Ah come on Joohyun' Seulgi suddenly spoke out 'Tell me more' she rested her elbows on her window sill and cupped her chin. 'I want to hear more of this romantic drama' she giggled, only to have the other girl smile back. 'It wasnt even a drama, It was a misunderstanding honestly' She rose from her seat and walked towards the window her eyes fixed onto Seulgi, as if she was in a trance. 'I regret it so much, I wish i saved that kiss for someone special. I havent kissed since then' 

Seulgis head was full of questions once again and she was dying for an answer. She truly needed to know who the person was and why was it such a big misunderstanding. 

'Joohyun?'

'Yeah?'

'Why was it such a big understanding?' she asked full of curiosity.

'It doesnt matter Seulgi. I will tell you, but maybe another time. Its a bit hard to explain. Give me a bit of time, and I promise you. I will tell you everything' This only left the girl more and more puzzled 'What is she going to tell me? Whats so hard in explaining to me that the kiss was just bad? Why does she need more time to explain this to me' she thought to herself.

'Okay Joohyun. I understand. Its okay with me, I will wait for you' she let out a small smile from the corner of her lips. She honestly could wait for eternity until Irene tells her. She absolutely adored learning more and more about Irene each day. Their friendship was growing stronger. There was definitely more trust between the two girls, as well as love coming from one side.