Chapter 1

Brother's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo tightened his strap on his shoulders and nervously ducked down, avoiding everyone’s eyes. He hurriedly searched for his friends in the buzzing hallway where everyone was busy making their way to class. “Jisoo!” He saw a hand waving in the air, feet tip-toeing. Jisoo craned his neck and briskly walked towards it. “Good morning,” Jisoo smiled. “Morning!” Seokmin chirped, handing Jisoo a bar of packed granola, “I made it myself!” Seokmin boasted. Jisoo grinned, thanking him for peeling the package open.

“Let’s go before the bell rings,” Seungkwan slipped his phone into his back pocket and led the way with Minghao following right behind. Jisoo nodded and walked with Seokmin by his side.

 

 

“Hey baby,” Jeonghan slumped beside Jisoo on the bouncy sofa. Jisoo groaned at his presence and hid his face behind the small pillow, lying his body sideways. Jeonghan slapped the pillow away and frowned, “Don’t be rude to your brother.” Jisoo grumbled, seating up with his arms folded, the thrown pillow tightly tucked in his chest. “Hyung, I just got back. Give me a break,” Jisoo’s fingers switching the channel back and forth on the television.

“Can you two stop fighting for once?” Jisoo heard a voice coming from the stairs. Jisoo groaned and stomped his feet, annoyed. Seungcheol gave Jisoo a look before seating on Jisoo’s other side. “What are you watching?” Seungcheol asked, sipping Jisoo’s tea. “Hyung, that’s mine,” Jisoo whined softly. Jeonghan clucked his tongue upon Seungcheol’s appearance and glared at him, “What are you doing here?” Seungcheol rolled his eyes, cursing his younger brother in his head. “Does this living room belong to you?” Jeonghan threw the small pillow Jisoo’s was hugging at Seungcheol’s face. “Don’t be annoying!” he argued.

“Argh! Can you two stop fighting for once?” Jisoo repeated Seungcheol’s question. The audacity of Seungcheol to asked Jisoo that when he and Jeonghan are always on each other’s throat. “I just want some peace after a long day of school!” Jisoo complained. He got up and grabbed his bag, wanting to go to his room, to avoid his brothers.

“Jisoo, wait!” Jeonghan grabbed his wrist and pulled him back to his seat. “We’re just joking around,” Jeonghan moved his head to his left, glaring at Seungcheol, “right, Seungcheol hyung?” Jeonghan gritted his teeth, emphasizing on Seungcheol’s name. Seungcheol nodded obediently, trying to convince Jisoo. “Yeah, let’s have brothers bonding time!” Seungcheol mockingly smiled at Jeonghan.

 

“Jisoo, how’s school?” Mr Choi asked Jisoo scooped his fried rice for his dad. “Um, pretty okay I guess. It’s just that new semester, new projects.” Jisoo settled down, taking a grilled chicken for himself. Jisoo unsurely smiled when he met eyes with his grinning brother. Jeonghan gave Seungcheol a look of disgust and shook his head. Mrs Choi sat next to Seungcheol and smiled teasingly at Jisoo, “So, am I going to anticipate for your guest this time around?” she joked. Jisoo shuffled awkwardly and gave her a tight grin. “Mum, can we not talk about this?” Jisoo pleaded, carefully eyeing his dad.

“Why not? Your hyungs brought over their partners for dinner at the age 19. Jisoo, you’re 21 this year. You’re supposed to give me grandchildren already, not adding on to my worries.” Mrs Choi exasperatedly complained. Seungcheol spurted out his orange juice all over his shirt when he heard his mother. “Ew, yucks!” Jeonghan shrieked in a high-pitched voice. “You’re hella gross!” Mr Choi shook his head and wiped orange droplets off his cheek. “Mum, I’m still studying,” Jisoo sighed as he passed Seungcheol pieces of napkins to wipe his shirt. Mrs Choi rolled her eyes. “Jisoo! Your cousin has given birth to 3 babi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter