Neo (Rejection)

Vixx Drabbles

Hakyeon has been working in the cafe as a waiter for almost three weeks, and he always see the same person everyday with his latte, cheesecake and always seated at the table no 7. He noticed how keen the pale male had looks like when he stare into his tab and scrolling some stuff that who knows what he's been looking at. And Hakyeon was always in charged of ordering the same thing for the male, until he remembers the usual orders. His fellow barista, Wonshik told him the name is Leo and that was the thing that Hakyeon learnt about the male, who rarely smiles with a brown locks. Leo always look intimidated, for Wonshik and also Jaehwan whenever he saw Leo. But as for Hakyeon, Leo is far away from being intimidated.

He's adorable.

That was the first impression of Hakyeon when Wonshik and Jaehwan forced him to take order for Leo and he was may or may not received a death glare from the customer. Nevertheless, Hakyeon keep the smile and respect to his customer, calmly jotting down his order and make him to wait for a few minutes before calling Leo's name back for his order. And that was what happened, the start of their friendship (more than Hakyeon claimed Leo as his friend) and bothered him even until now. 

He looks up and saw Leo still with his tab, waiting for his latte and cheesecake. Instead of calling for Leo, he volunteer to send the orders to him and sit in front of him since there are no customer for orders. "What are you watching?" Hakyeon asked, since he can't help but curious. Leo was too immersed with the screen until he didn't notice Hakyeon seated before him and watching him. Looking up, Leo shakes his head denying that he's watching something fun, which Hakyeon isn't buying it. He sips his drink a bit and giggles. "Hey, talk to me," Hakyeon complains, making Taekwoon to put his tab down and looking at him, uninterested.

"What do you want?" Leo asked.

"Wanna come out with me tomorrow?" Hakyeon offers, but Leo only shakes his head said he's busy. Pouting, Hakyeon doesn't want to argue anymore since there are customers coming in and Leo seems too busy to entertain him.

 

...

 

"You should try to ask him out for a date," Jaehwan nudges Hakyeon's side, almost making him to spill the coffee on his hand. He told the latter about his interest on Leo, who always looking all chic and charismatic at the table no7. That was his response, asked Leo for a date. Bruh, Hakyeon doesn't even know Leo's real name and always called him by the name of Leo. He admits that ever since Leo has started to talk to him, Hakyeon would always blush, stutters and embarrassed himself in front on Leo. For example, he spilled his coffee on the floor whenever he saw Leo.

Wonshik also noticed the look and how rushing Hakyeon was when Leo came inside the cafe only to take his orders. So, this might be his chance to talk to Leo again and asked him to come out; specifically for a date. The time is already lunch hour and Leo supposed to come around this time, Hakyeon already prepared with his phone number on a piece of paper. Seriously, he never ever done this to anyone in his 23 years of living, never liked someone to this extend. Few minutes passed 2pm, Leo finally comes to their cafe in his long trench coat, melting Hakyeon down with his low voice when ordering.

Like usual, he asked Leo to sit at the usual place. Looking at Jaehwan, Hakyeon becomes hella nervous and a deep breathe when the younger male asked him to be strong and confident. Hakyeon walks to Leo with a smile on his face, latte and cheesecake. "Thanks," Leo said, without looking at Hakyeon.

"Uhh, here for you," Hakyeon passed the paper, gaining Leo's interest on the digits written on the paper. "Who's number is this?" Leo asked while looking at Hakyeon's red face.

"....m-mine... uh.. I actually have like you for almost a month. So, I actually wanted to ask if you're free this Saturday?" Hakyeon confessed, scratching his unitchy head.

Leo takes a look at the number for a while before giving the paper back to Hakyeon. "Hakyeon-ah..." this is the first time Leo sincerely calling out his name so Hakyeon wished for a positive outcomes when he asked Leo for a dat.

"I have a boyfriend already. I'm sorry," the words hit Hakyeon like a typhoon, piercing Hakyeon's heart like a knife. Glancing down at Leo, Hakyeon feels like hiding his sorry face under the counter and shutting himself out from the world. The Leo that always quietly came for his coffee and cake, actually has a boyfriend who is a student abroad. Hakyeon becomes embarrassed, terrified and traumatized and promised himself to not going to confess his love anymore.