Hyukbin (Happier)

Vixx Drabbles

inspired by Ed Sheeran - Happier


Walking aimlessly down the street, Sanghyuk found himself at the dark alley somewhere in Seoul which had happened ever since he broke up with his ex boyfriend, Hongbin. Entering the regular club that he always joined in, Sanghyuk surely not knowing what he wanted to drink, what he wants and who did he looking for untile he saw the one that used to fill in his life and became the sunshine that brighten up his day and night. Hongbin was finally in someone else arms, which is not him. He managed to craft a thin smile on his lips upon seeing how happy Hongbin is right now. The dimple that he used to peck, the hair that he always ruffles; they were smooth and perfect  even when Hongbin just woke up from his sleep. 

He is happy, Sanghyuk can see.

Not wanted to brag, but Sanghyuk also once become the reason why the dimpled man smiles, making the man to feel comfortable under his touch and makes Hongbin to feel safe in his embrace like the stranger did. Sanghyuk learnt his name was Taekwoon; a highly respected soccer player, hot and good at singing. Not only on the field but also on the stage. 

Hongbin is finally moving on, Sanghyuk's glad but at the same time he regret for letting Hongbin away from his grips. 

His friends told him, that Sanghyuk will also becomes happy one day and time will tells. But Sanghyuk doesn't believe all those white lies only to cover up his wrongdoings since a sinner and cheater like him doesn't deserve to be happy. He broke someone's heart, which is the biggest sin he had ever done.

It was all his fault, he was the one to be blamed and he didn't deserve happiness. 

 

He was regretting, of letting him go, of hurting the former down until he almost killed himself for being too much in pain. It was unbearable for both Sanghyuk and Hongbin. He admitted that he was wrong, he wasn't the right person to give Hongbin happiness that he deserved. That night when they encountered a huge fight, Hongbin himself witnessed with his own eyes Sanghyuk hovered another man in his house, in his room and on the bed that they always made love. The ash grey locked male was happy to come home after two weeks outstationed for his business trips and even had a gift for Sanghyuk. But instead, what he welcomed was a Sanghyuk in the middle of his on top of someone else but Hongbin. 

The look on Hongbin's face was hurt, terrified and most obvious was disappointment. He drop the snowglobe that he got for Sanghyuk, knowing that how much the latter love snows and always hoping that the Earth will always snowing. Heck, he even imagined for a winter themed wedding with Hongbin one day when they will more mature and stable in both mentally and financially. The globe was released from Hongbin's grip and shattered on the floor, resulting both males hyped on the bed shocked because of his presence. As for Sanghyuk, he can't miss the tear drops that fall on Hongbin's chubby cheeks, he quickly put on his pants and chased the elder male to the living room. 

"Hongbin wai-" Sanghyuk's face turned to the other side as Hongbin's huge hand finally hit on his right face. Silenced becomes the loudest scream resonated in the room, until Hongbin's sob broke. From a tiny soft cry, Hongbin's clutch his chest, harder and harder before his cry became a rage and he broke down. 

Why, what had I do wrong, which part that I'd failed to be your one and only, am I not enough were the things that came ou from Hongbin's lips, which not even one Sanghyuk can give him the perfect answer. 

"Tell me Sanghyuk-ah. What did I do wrong until you need to be with someone else on my ing bed? Was the money that I paid montly on yout tuition wasn't enough? Was the money that I gave you monthly wasn't enough? Was the love that I pour to you, the attention that I gave you, the that I give only to you.... was that all meaningless to you? Sanghyuk-ah, my dear Han Sanghyuk. I'm tired. Its not the first time I heard my friends told me you're screwing when I wasn't around, but I backed you up. I told 'em that my Hyuk won't do that. But you.... you destroyed my trust, you break everything that I give you, Hyuk-ah. What are these?"

Hongbin wipes his tears and smiles, trying to be as sincere as he can before continue his sentence. "I'm out, by the time I came home I don't want to see any trace of you in my house. Its not that I'm not trying to fix our relationship, but its you who doesn't want to make it anymore. Thankyou for everything," Hongbin left the house with a tea streaked on his face, leaving Sanghyuk all silenced. He wasn't even tried to chase Hongbin and the last time he heard about Hongbin was he got into a car crash.

Sanghyuk rushed to the hospital and found Hongbin with a neck supporter, broke his legs and sitting on the wheelchair, not even sparing a glance at him. Jaehwan, Hongbin's half brother also gave him the deadly stare before asking Wonshik to take care of his brother and Jaehwan went to talk with Sanghyuk. He remembered and still can felt the punch that Jaehwan granted him the other day, regardless of his body size. Jaehwan can be very terrifying when he's angry and Sanghyuk never met with angry Jaehwan's once except at the hospital.

 

That was the last time, he saw Hongbin face to face and somehow the elder managed to get over him and moved on with Taekwoon. He can see how much Taekwoon loved Hongbin since his a man himself too. But one thing that Hongbin might don't know, there will be no one can love Hongbin as much as Sanghyuk does. Even the hardest blow that Sanghyuk hit him with, deep into his heart, Sanghyuk is still hoping for Hongbin to give him a second chance to fix everything that he had ruined. It was hard for him to break up with Hongbin after all since he was his first love and still keep going with loving Hongbin. The one when Hongbin found him on bed was a mere one night stand that Sanghyuk himself also doesn't know what had possessed him until he dared to cheat on Hongbin.

That was the biggest regret that Sanghyuk even carried on his shoulder. Watching Hongbin from the seat at the club is enough for him, to ensure that Hongbin can get the happiness that he desired when he wasn't with Sanghyuk. A year has passed and it had been a routine for him every Saturday to see Hongbin went to the club, sharing his smile and laughters with his friends. Looking at the empty glass, Sanghyuk chuckles and think about what will happened in his life, if he just sitting like an idiot, watching from afar how happy his ex boyfriend is right now. While he is mourning over the past, feeling so hard to get over from a person as great as Lee Hongbin.

Not until someone put down a cup of drink before Sanghyuk's table. It becomes a turning point in his ife.