Neo (angst)

Vixx Drabbles

"Taekwoon-ah, will you be sad if I'm no longer around?" Hakyeon asked, while holding onto Taekwoon's hand tightly with his right hand. His left hand cannot be move because of the iv drip and also the room is filled with the sound of beeping from the life machine.

Two months has passed and Hakyeon's condition becomes worsen ever since he complained of hardly breathing to his husband, Taekwoon and he was diagnosed with heart attack. Sometimes if Hakyeon overdid something that can make him tired, his chest would hurt like crazy until he collapsed which scared the hell of Taekwoon. There was this one time when he was at work and Jaehwan called him that Hakyeon was found fainted at his work place. Taekwoon rushed to Hakyeon's office and brought him to the hospital. However, being the strong hearted man, Hakyeon always put up an innocent smile to ease Taekwoon's heart and always told him that he will be fine and nothing can come between them.

Even when Hakyeon's condition worsed, he becomes skinnier, his lips is no longer red and pale, Hakyeon's hair lost becomes more excessive and worst until he need to wear beanie to cover up. Hakyeon still smiling to make Taekwoon feel happy even he knows his time is coming up. Taekwoon would always stay beside him, hospital has become their second house with Taekwoon would always stay there every night and only went home to get his work attire. Its a lie if Taekwoon said he wasn't sad to see his beloved one on the bed, all helpless but he need to smile and happy to make Hakyeon feel happy as well. Without Hakyeon knowing, he cries whenever he can, he was hurt to see how Hakyeon always cried when the doctor need to take his blood until one day Taekwoon almost hit the doctor for being too harsh on Hakyeon.

But Hakyeon still told him, that its nothing compared to the pain in his heart and head so its fine. Taekwoon's tears dropped when Hakyeon smiles at him. He is beautiful; at heart and face. Listen to Hakyeon's question, Taekwoon crafted a smile on his lips and nod. "Of course I do, pabo-yah. So don't leave me because you will make me sad," he caressed Hakyeon's face softly and kiss his forehead.

"Don't be sad, I will be happy if you keep that smile on the face. Its okay to feel sad when I was gone. But don't be too long. You need to find your own happiness yoo, love," Hakyeon said in his weak voice.

"How could I look for my happiness, when the source and root of my happiness is you. You will be healthy Hakyeon, I promised," Taekwoon said as he kiss Hakyeon's thin finger. There it is, again. Hakyeon's weak smile to make him strong. It breaks his heart to see Hakyeon smiles when he knows the latter is suffering. It hurts Taekwoon so bad when he can't share the same pain as Hakyeon did, until he heard the last I love you, coming out from Hakyeon's dry and chapped lips. 

The long beep sound is still clear in his ears, Hakyeon's cracked voice telling him how deep his love is, how sorry he was for not being able to keep his promise with Taekwoon to be healthy. Taekwoon broke into tears, a loud sobs, when Hakyeon's warm touch becomes cold, the bright almond eyes close already not looking at him the same way he did before. Hakyeon finally left the world and left Taekwoon to find his own happiness. He still remember when Hakyeon came to him and kiss his cheeks when they were in highschool.

Hakyeon was the one approached him, flirted with him and announced to the whole school that he's in love with the soccer captain, Jung Taekwoon. He was amused with Hakyeon's boldness and learnt that Hakyeon is a person who has both looks and manner; made him to fall in love with Hakyeon until the last of Hakyeon's breath. And even when Hakyeon is no longer beside him, Taekwoon promised that he has the special part inside his heart and always be remembered.

Because a person like Hakyeon is so hard to be forgotten. He is like a diamond, shining and exclusive and always be adored. That's how high Hakyeon is for a man named Jung Taekwoon.