Chapter 2

Hypnotic
 

I slowly opened my eyes and observed around. Again, the only thing welcoming me were the deep red tall walls, and some paintings. I slowly rose up from the bed, my head throbbing in pain. 

 

"Hello?" I called for help, my voice cracking as I did "HELLO?" I asked louder, my words getting choked up by my tears. What is this place? Why am i here? I quietly step onto the cold wooden floor, holding my head in process. Getting through the cracking door, i get greeted by the same old hallway again. 

 

"Hello" a child's voice said. I jumped in surprise and looked at where the voice came from. It came from this young girl, who was hanging on a chandelier, right on the center of the living room. "H-hi?" I said, afraid to even talk. The girl didn't even seem harmful, she seemed nice and well..a kid? 

 

The girl swiftly jumped off the chandelier, transporting in front of me. "I'm Haru" she said cutely, stretching her hand out for me to shake. Uneasy, i accepted her offer, and stretched my arm too, only to be thrown on the wall. 

 

"Don't. Touch. Her" the same man from earlier said to the girl, who was now under his grasp. The girl smirked as her eyes turn into a blood shot red. "I was just having fun, I'm not gonna touch your " she said and rolled her eyes. That offended me to be honest "umm. I'm sorry kiddo, but I'm not a , check that mouth of yours" i said confidently, but regretting it afterwards, after seeing the scared look the man from earlier was wearing. 

 

The girl chuckled one more time, and soon vanished into thin air

 

--//--

 

"Who are you?" I asked for the 100th time. "Please just tell me. I need to know or I'm gonna go crazy" i said again, making him look up from the weird object he was staring at. It was this black box, with red velvet stripes on it. 

 

"You're now our new house woman, you either die or survive. We aren't no regular people, so you need to be careful. This house has rules that you need to follow. It's like a game, play by the rules and you will not get burned" he said quickly, making my head spin. "Hold up. What? Why? What are you? What do you mean by game?" I asked again. He didn't reply, which only pissed me off more. "ING TALK TO ME DAMN IT" i blurted out loudly, causing him to drop the box that he was observing. Regretting my life decisions, i slowly start to back up.

 

But who am i kidding?

 

He swiftly once again transported in front of me. He didn't say anything. He only stared at me. His captivating stare got me again, so we just stood there, staring at each other in silence. But something was off...

 His eyes...his eyes were just like Haru's. blood shot red. What are these creatures?

 

"Y-your eyes. They're red. Are you okay?" I asked as i pointed into his now red eyes.  

 

All he did was chuckle. A dark chuckle, that seemed psychotic to me. "My dear...there's a lot of stuff you need to learn. You need to cooperate. And the first and most important thing you need to know is..

 

"I'm a vampire" 

 

That sentence made my heart drop. "What? A vampire? Can't be! They don't exist" i insisted "You have on right in front of you. Don't fight reality. You're ours now." He said calmly to me. His words didn't help at all. What does he mean?

 

"What about my mom? My brother?" I asked. "They don't know that you exist. We simply vanished you out of their lives. Nobody knows you ever existed. Not your mom, not your brother, not your friends, not your freaking dog" he explained once again. That statement made my heart clench, and my knees gave up on me. I fell down on the floor with a loud thud, and held my aching heart. My life is over. This is it. 

 

He didn't do anything. He just stared at me. "You'll get over it" he said, and patted my shoulder before walking out of the room.

 

"Oh. And stay away from Haru"