Chapter 4

Hypnotic
"What is she doing?" I whispered to Kai. He only sighed shaking his head, while staring at the woman burning sage around the hallway. "This will keep her away for a while. But not forever. Be careful Jongin" she warned before leaving. 

 

We were now sitting in silence in the living room. I was for some reason staring at his hands. The veins popping on his hands were fascinating, because they kept following his heartbeat. He soon noticed and chuckled. "What?" I asked. "You're staring at my veins aren't you?" He asked. "Y-yeah, I'm sorry" "it's fine. Don't worry" he smiled. Suddenly i got confused. He sometimes is so cold to me, but right now he's smiling at me and being all lovey dovey.

 

"Why me?" I blurted out, making him stop his vision onto the glass table. He soon after relaxed and stared straight at my eyes. "You're special. That's all. Now never ask me that question again. You got me?" He asked threateningly. For some weird reason, I found myself nodding to his demand. 

 

"Why? What happened to the other girls? Did Haru kill them all?" I asked. Again, he tensed up. "I don't wanna talk about it. Just mind your own business" he said, standing up, leaving the room. I was left all alone after that

 

--//--

 

"Kai?" I called, knocking on his bedroom door. I was about to apologize about earlier. I was honestly so nosy, and I should mind my own business. Kai was right after all. 

 

"Hello?" I called again, but no answer. "He's maybe asleep?" I asked myself. Without thinking wisely, I got in. There was no sign of Kai tho. "Oh, he's not here. I should leave" i told myself. But something caught my eye. On his dark shelfs, there were tons of framed pictures. And every single one of them included this girl. She was so beautiful. She had very pale skin, long brown hair, pearly white teeth, and dark brown eyes. On one of the pictures, you could see her smiling, as her pearl white teeth and deep dimples showed, while being back hugged by Kai. "Waahhh, is this why Kai didn't want to talk to me about the other girls? Is she dead?" I asked myself again, as i picked up the picture. 

 

"What are you doing?" A voice asked. That scared the out of me, causing me to drop the picture, shattering it to pieces. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I was about to apologi-" "STOP BUTTING IN INTO MY BUSINESS" he yelled at my face as he kneeled down to pick up the broken pieces. That set me off, causing me to tear up. "I-I'm sorry Jongin, I won-" "Don't call me Jongin. You are nobody to me, so stop acting like we are dating. I will never look at you in any type of way other than a rag that we chose to clean up after us" he said as he angrily picked up the pieces. That comment made my heart ache and my blood boil. "Is that what she was?" I asked. He stopped dead on his tracks, as his fist tightened. My blood drained from my body and my heart fell down to my . He slowly got up from his knees, and his head shot up. His eyes were red, veins popping up around his eyes and fangs sticking out. "Oh my god" i whispered to myself. It was like seeing a nightmare, and for once, I told myself one thing, RUN!!

 

I quickly made my way on the hallway, running down it. It gave me flashbacks from the first night i got here. Running away from him was no use, because in a blink of an eye, he was already in front of me. He put his hand around my neck, and rose me up in the air, until my legs were no longer touching the floor. "K-kai" i said, with the last breath of air i had, as i tried to prey his hands off my neck. I could feel my chest burning, and my vision blurring. The last thing i saw, was him whip his head around, and everything turned black

 

--//--

 

"Let her go. I'm not repeating myself" Haru warned Kai. "I said let her go. If somebody is going to kill her, it's going to be me. Now let her go" she said calmly but threateningly. "She insulted her" he said, causing Haru to groan. "She's dead. Get over it. If you need to fight someone, it should be me. I'm the one who killed her. Now let Chungha go. Look, she's already out" Haru pointed at the now out purple Chungha. He eventually let go of her, and she fell on the floor with a loud thud. 

 

--//--

 

I held my aching head as i tried to squint my eyes and make up where I am at. I slowly sat up, looking around. What happened? Ohhh right, Kai almost killed me. But who saved me? 

 

"I did" a voice said. My eyes widened at the person who was now sitting on the chair next to my desk. "You did?" I asked. Haru only nodded, as she sharpened her knife. "If somebody is going to kill you, it's going to be me. But not today, don't worry" she said. She blew air into the knife, observing it. She took the knife, and started walking to me. With no strength to run, I only backed up until my back hit the headboard. She stopped at the end of the bed, not coming any near me. "Here, you'll need this. I'm not saving your twice" she said and threw me the knife. Now get up, I won't do anything to you, I promise. Let's go eat. You're probably dying out of hunger right now" she said and stretched out her hand for me. But Kai's words rung again. Considering the fact that she's trying to kill me, I declined her offer. "I can't touch you" i said, shaking my head. "Don't worry, i took out the spell. I promise" she said sincerely. I don't know why, but i trusted her. There is something about herSo i stretched out my hand as well, and held her hand. I waited for a couple of seconds, but nothing happened. "See?" She said, pulling me up. 

 

"Careful" she said helping me up. We left the room, and went to the kitchen. She started making food, and i only watched her. "So, how old are you Chungha?" She asked while mixing up the pancake batter. "I'm 18" i said simply. "Do you have any family members?" She asked, as if we are some type of friends, and she didn't try to kill me yesterday. "Yeah. I do. But I'm not sure if I should tell you who" i said uneasily. She stopped what she was doing, and sighed, dropping the bowl into the counter. "Look. I'm planning on something, that I can't tell you. Just please, don't be afraid of me, okay? I promise, I'm doing this for you" she said. "What? What do you mean?" I asked. She looked around, and turned back to me. "Relax" she said before putting her hands on my temples. A wave suddenly corrupted my head, and i felt like me and Haru were in a bubble. "Listen. I did this spell so they can't hear us. Trust me, I'm doing this for you. Jongin is my brother, but he's the one who got us into this, so I will get us out of this too. So listen to me. Whatever happens, trust me, but hate me in front of them. We have to pretend. I will help us out of this, just know that I miss you" she said and took her hands off my head. But when i blinked, she was gone.