Another Life

Everything We've Been (HIATUS)

Felix and Jinyoung sat underneath a Birch tree in the afternoon. They had gobbled down most of the picnic food Felix had made and they just sat in silence underneath the wonderous tree. Felix kept his eyes on the other as if waiting for an actual explanation of who that boy is and what their connection is, but the other refused to say a word, at least he felt crazy explaining the situation himself.

"Whatever your relationship is with that boy I think you should try to understand him." He ran his hand through his hair and let himself lay completely flat against the grass.

"I don't know that guy." He closed his eyes while saying it and he fidgeted a little with the laces of his shoes. Felix eyed his body language hard and rolled his eyes.

"Look, that kid seemed shattered, and as someone who's been there I think he deserves closure." Felix got up and left off leaving the elder to think about what he's supposed to do.

Jinyoung had wondered around for a while in hopes that'd he'd figure it all out. He watched green sprinkles float past him so gently swept along by the hum of mother nature. He sat for a few minutes by a pond watching the ducks paddle along and spent a minute admiring a robin that was standing tall on the arm of a bench. He was torn between thinking this was all a prank or if he was supposed to believe in the madness. It made his palm sweat, knees shake, and head spin as he thought about how he's going to handle this. The elder refused to think that he is to believe in all this fate, destiny, and eternal love nonsense. As far as he knew it was all a scam, he's never even been in love, and for that boy to march into his life and feel entitled to say they are meant to be is just pure insanity! He tried to calm himself back down when he realized he was right back at the apartment complex. He made his way to his room still thinking hard about this whole "we've been in love for centuries," confession.

When he entered his shared room, a light bulb in his head. He raced to his work bag and pulled the notebook out and started flipping through pages. He only reads the first few lines of each page as he is trying to find a specific part that might give him a reason to think the kid is telling him the truth. He stops it and reads the page over carefully.

He was this doctor in this lifetime. He had pure black hair with a cat like smile, a strong jawline, and I could see that he was probably a bit of a bad boy because I could see where his lip was pierced. He had these dark sensual eyes that could pull anyone in and make them fall for him, this lifetime he was a a playboy, yet as soon as we locked gazes he remembered me. He could feel it too, that unmistakable urge to be with the other, and it was amazing.

Jinyoung kept thinking about what he just read as he fell asleep. He kept himself focused on that whole scenario until he fell asleep. Suddenly he was in a hospital room and this time it all felt too real, as if he hadn't even fallen asleep, and that this was part of his life. He ran to the nearest restroom to look in the mirror and he scanned himself.

Black hair, dark eyes, lip piercing, and strong jawline. I'm wearing a doctor’s attire as well...

He ran back out and was met with a younger female nurse. She smiled at him and bowed slightly as her eyes darted down to her clipboard.

"Doctor Lim your patient Kunpimook has just woke up in room 4092."

"Alright, I'll head there right away." He responded as if he wasn't the one really controlling the turn of events. He wanted to ask what was going on, why is he doctor Lim, and who's Kunpimook?

It didn't take long for him to find the room where a smaller figure lay in bed looking out the window.

"Hi Doc how are-" The boy stopped when they made eye contact.

"I'm Doctor Lim." He responsed without wanting to and still wondering what the hell is going on.

It didn't take long for Jinyoung who was experience the role of doctor Lim begin to feel a urge to gravitate closer to the boy. He took steps closer and closer to the boy, no fighting back, and that's what he hated. It was all happening to him, he was the one living out Lim's life at the moment, but it all felt so real to him. It felt like these feelings were his own feelings, that he's been here, and that all of this has already happened to him. It was a strange feeling and before he knew it he hopped out of bed. His heart throbbing and his stomache in knots as he and that boy had kept talking with each other. When the dream ended that urge to find out who Kunpimook was didn't leave the elder, it was hurting me not knowing who it is, and so he grabbed the book again and flipped to another page.

My immune system was very fragile. In this lifetime I wasn't so lucky because I was born with severe immune problem...I think that about sums it up in simple terms. It's easy for me to get sick, my immune system can barely fight it, so I’m to be kept isolated. My parents decided I needed a friend and so they brought you in. They kept you in a separate room, but we could still talk, still fall for one another, and you didn't mind my birth defect. I thought no one would come to love me, that I would spend all my days in this isolated house, and that we'd be stuck with a whole room wall between us. That changed when my parents started letting you in, but they made you swear you would always remember to decontaminate everything you wear before coming inside the room. You loved me, no kisses, no hugs, no touching but you would say it repeatedly. You would whisper it to the stars at night and yell it on my rooftop come morning. You always find me, I know it's still you, because who else's soul would connect with mine on this level? It must be you, always, and forever.

Jinyoung kept reading on and on about all the different lifetimes from end to beginning and then beginning to end. He hadn't even noticed Felix was already home until he put down the book. He slammed it closed on the kitchen table and sighed in frustration not knowing how to respond to any of it still. He wanted to know if any of this is true. Is he supposed to feel this urge for Yugyeom? He knew that he does not like seeing the kid upset, but he wouldn't call that a yearning for him. He slammed his head down on the table, waiting for another light bulb moment, but he knew it would never come.

He noticed Felix eyeing him, so he peeled his head from off the table top and looked at him. Felix eyed him down like a vulture ready to swallow his meal and he didn't know why he was being given that look.

"As your new roommate and self-proclaimed best friend, I need you to go talk to that kid." he hissed, and he scoffed at the younger feistiness.

He took a stab back "First we've haven't even been living together for a month and second I'll talk to him if I want to." The younger kept eye contact and sat himself down at the table. He sat on the opposite end of the table just staring him down.

"You do want to talk to him, I say go, or lose your chance with him entirely." He shrugged as the other tilted his head at that comment.

"What do you mean lose my chance entirely?" Felix rolled his eyes walking into his separate room and shutting the door hard.

Jinyoung didn't get what he meant by that statement. He kept replaying it in his head and then it clicked. He has a chance to possibly remember all his past lives and he's passing that chance up? I mean it was one thing knowing about history, but knowing possibly all his lifetimes? How could he not want to take that shot! At least that's what he convinced himself, but in the back of his heart it beat a little faster every time he read about the boy. He grabbed the notebook and dashed outside knowing the younger boy lived on the same floor.

He began to knock on each door. He was trying to find Yugyeom's room and he apologized to the person whenever they opened it only to find that he had the wrong room number. He knocked on the last door on his floor level and the door swung open revealing a disheveled young boy. The young boy he'd been trying to find so that the elder could finally make a request. He was almost going to ask but then he looked at the boy’s eyes seeing how red they were. The boy was wobbling even though he was standing in one spot, his limps loose, so the elder quickly grabbed him. He sat him down on the couch and ran to the bathroom to see pill bottles scattered on the floor.

"Yugyeom what were you thinking?" He was dialing 911 at lightning speed almost ready to ripe his own hair out as his heartbeat sped up.

"I was thinking that maybe we'd meet in another lifetime." He chuckled at the thought of it before collapsing to the floor.

Jinyoung watched as they hauled the poor boy on the stretcher and into the ambulance. His boss and father Kris had shown up, the look on his face blank, and his eyes empty of any sort of emotion. He looked at his newbie with a big smile and pulled him into an embrace. The elder didn't want this kindness when he had been the one to push him to that point.

"Thank you for saving my son." He began to cry on his shoulder.

Jinyoung wanted to scream at the top of his lungs and say he didn't. He wanted to argue against him and say that he was the cause of all of this, that this whole situation has his heart ready to explode, and that he was scared seeing someone so beautiful so ready to leave the world. He feared believing in something that has no hard evidence behind it, no real way of knowing, and no real way to explain to anyone else what is going on in his life. He thought that maybe the kid would realize he was living in his own imagination of what he thought happened before, but the fact the book has a collection of the events. He brought the little book out from his back pocket. He flipped through it and came to an epiphany and this was enough for him to think that there was some truth to what Yugyeom had told him.

He ran back upstairs where Felix had hidden himself too sensitive to watch the scene unfold. He snatched the book off the table and looked at Felix with some sort of flame in his eyes, as if ready to take on the world, and ready to jump head first into the unknown. Then he thought back to his statement about losing his chance and maybe now he understood what he meant a little more. He shouldn't be giving up on the chance that this could be his lover and that he's trying to turn the other cheek based off what? The fact that he's crazy enough to suggest they've loved one another in the past? All he knew is he couldn't let Yugyeom go until he knew for certain if these stories could be true. He stood by the door with his chest jut out, and his hands crossed over his chest.

"Felix can I use your car?" he asked.

"to do what?" he put down his phone and looked straight into his roommate's eyes.

The elder shuffled in his spot awkwardly, "I need to take a chance and make things right if I can."

Felix chucked his car keys at him and the elder caught them with a little bit of a smug grin on his face. "You better make it up to that kid." He flicked the elder off as he walked out of the door.

I can make it up to him...I swear.