Dreamer

Everything We've Been (HIATUS)

The plane landed gently and almost slid down the runway, the wind caressing the sides as if it was a gentle stallion.

Jinyoung was still knocked out in dream land and in this dream land was an empty white room, but on the other end was a pitch-black room, with a figure that he could see through a clear glass window. A locked door kept the figure from coming into the lit-up room. Around Jinyoung leg was a chain that kept him in place and the figure kept fading deeper into the darkness. His chest felt like it was caving in on his lungs and he tried his best to get up and get closer to the figure, but the chain only allowed him to get as close as the two feet away from the door. The figure would come closer and suddenly the boy could breathe again, but then the figure would drift away and suddenly the pain would come back.

"WHO ARE YOU!" Jinyoung yelled, but the figure just shook his head. The chain around his leg suddenly unlatched and a key appeared by the locked door and he flung himself towards the key and got up and after about three attempts he got the door open. As soon as he opened the door the pitch-black room disappeared, and he was in a forest and up ahead was the same figure, this time he could make out a boy, and he had pure jet-black hair. A butterfly flew past his backside and Junior tried to run up to him, but the boy ran off ahead. He sped up trying to catch him, but every time he almost caught him he dashed past in the blink of an eye. He finally caught up and grasped his shoulder tight not letting him move another inch.

"Who are you?" His lungs burned in his chest and he was gasping for more oxygen as he'd sprinted for this unknown boy.

The plane came to a halt and caused His head to whip around and his eyes fluttered opened. He cursed as that dream had happened for the third time this week and he didn't understand why he was always chasing a different figure. The first one he chased was set in Seoul and when he caught the boy he vanished before he could see him. The second one was set in a dessert and when he caught up to the male figure his figure turned to sand and slipped through his fingertips slowly. he pats the back of his poor neck and rolled it around causing a loud crack sound and he let a loud groan escape; the flight was too long.

After hauling an uber where he spent most of his time looking out the window at the lovely evergreen state. He couldn't have imagined the trees as deep a green or the bark as nicely brown, but now that he was in Washington he could see firsthand how lovely the scenery is. The car parked right in front of the hotel that he'd booked to stay for a few days, or until he found a place to stay. He thanked the driver and payed her promptly as he grabbed his suitcase, yet when he walked up the entrance he stopped the moment his phone rang.

"Hello?" He answered not even bothering to check the number.

"I just wanted to call to confirm you made it to Washington safely." his employers voice was as deep as a trench and it sent a shiver down the younger's backside.

"Yes, I'm checking into my hotel right now." He answered as he pushed the double doors open with his shoulder.

"Well, see you first thing in the morning." He hung up the call and Jinyoung chucked his phone back inside his pocket to properly check in at the front desk.

Tomorrow would be a long day. It felt like just yesterday he was trying to find a position as a chief marketing officer and now he was working for a private company in Washington! Now the fact the company is a coffee bean company was quite an odd place for him to start but he got the job. It all felt unreal to the boy whose adult life started only about one year ago when his parents told him to get a part time job in Korea; that was harder than he expected. All he knew now is that everything is going according to plan and as soon as he uses all the money he's collected up in his savings he'll have a house all to himself.

Once he finally finished checking in he strolled to his room calmly. He scanned his card and the lock clicked signifying the door was free to open, and he pushed himself inside, tossing his suitcase to side, and plopped onto the soft bed. He cocooned himself into the white comforter and set the alarm on his phone a full hour before he was to arrive at the company.

Once he fell asleep he was back in dream land and this time it was too realistic for his comfort and he looked at who he was in the mirror. He had blonde hair and glossy white skin. He saw a figure behind him stepping out of what seemed to be their shared bedroom and he dashed out of what he assumed was a bathroom, into the bedroom, and when he got to the exit of the bedroom the figure was almost out of the house. He had his back towards him slipping on his shoes. Junior rushed down the steps, but the male figure was already opening the door the brightness of the outside world seeping into the house. He caught him again and held his shoulder tight, then he blinked. It took a blink and the figure was gone again. Jinyoung felt as if his ankle had a chain on it again, but there was no chain around his ankle.

He began to follow where the tug was coming from and so he leaped outside into the blazing sun. His skin was burning due to the scorching rays, but he kept on running, and there the figure stood in the forest all over again.

"You have to tell me who you are, please?" He broke down to his knees and this time the figure began to turn around.

He looked up at him and all he could see was a sweet smile, soft eyes, and then his alarm blared. He sprang up from his bed, his forehead drenched in sweat, yet all other parts of him were dry. He tossed the comforter to the floor, stomped his feet against the ground as he walked towards the bathroom, and brushed his teeth a little too harshly. When he showered all, he could think about was how close he was, and he woke up right now he would have seen his face. He thought that these dreams could mean something. Why else would he have almost the exact same dream this many times? He pondered as he got into his fancy little suit, tie nice a sleek, and his hair was combed back. There was a little bit of shine to it and winked at himself in the mirror, which was a little awkward for him, but he did it anyways.

He had to take another Uber, but aside from that he was at work with a smile plastered on his pretty face. He had a little pep in his step as he walked in and the receptionist looked pleased with the new addition. She'd heard that a new guy would be arriving today, although they left out the fact that he'd be so smooth. Junior greeted the receptionist properly "Sandara." He read off her name tag and her heart burst.

"Early I see?" The deep voice made Junior's head snap to the side as he saw the tall individual making his way towards him.

"Hello Mr. Wu." He went in and gave a firm handshake despite the fact his palms were quite sweaty.

He smiled a ravishing smile and held in a small chuckle "Call me Kris please."

Jinyoung noticed a slightly shorter boy waltzing up to his boss. A clipboard in hand, pencil tucked behind his right ear, and a warm coffee clutched tight in his free hand.

"I'll be leaving Kris." The boy said.

Kris raised an eyebrow while taking a step back so that the kid was closer to Junior. "Already? No time to greet our new addition?"

"Hello, I'm Jinyoung." He reached out his hand and instead of a greeting back he dipped out.

Kris bursted into laughter alongside some other employers that had seen the younger run away. He didn't get what was so comedic and so he looked at Kris with a poker face. Kris smiled and looked at the rookie with twinkling eyes.

"Yugyeom is my son and he's sometimes quite shy in front of new male employees." He took a moment and realized what he was referring to.

"Kris, he's your son, I would never-"

"He's an adult he can make his own decisions." He cut him off before he spoke any further about the issue.

Junior got toured around by his boss and realized just how big this private company is. Everyone had their own little cubicles all neatly separated. There were four different offices; one of them now rightfully Jinyoung's as chief marketing officer.

He noticed the employees at the company weren't dead and the atmosphere was family-like. Everyone was talking amongst themselves and joking as they worked. Junior felt like he'd just struck gold and when Kris showed him to his team he couldn't contain his joy. One had a gummy smile and innocent eyes. He had very deep red colors going on around his eyes, his name was Baekhyun. He's been their finance manager for three years and despite his beauty he had a firm tone.

The other one was a gleaming girl with short hair and wonderous skin. She was wearing a dressy outfit, but she wore a snapback with it which seemed odd in an office setting. Kris gave an approving smile, so Junior decided to not even question it anymore. She introduced herself as Amber the IT manager for the company and the two managers that worked alongside him dispersed to separate parts of the room after the short introduction.

He sat himself in his office and realized that he really had nothing to put inside the room. Call his mom and dad to send over his awards and pictures with his old friends? He thought, and he concluded that'd be the best Idea, so he put in a reminder on his phone to call them later. He took his laptop carrier that he had slung around his shoulder off and go on his laptop and just moments later the two managers arrived with loads of paperwork.

"These are the numbers for the previous months up till now." Baekhyun said shoving a flash drive into his laptop and pulling up the files.

"You'll have a meeting next week with the marketing team and then right after you'll meet with the sales team." Amber in as she sprawled out a bunch of papers across his desk.

"No worries new guy, you'll fit right in." Baekhyun leaned down close to his ear and Amber rolled her eyes.

"Leave him alone sleaze." She dug her nails into the back of his ear and started pulling him out as he whined.

"My number is 253-67-" Amber pushed him out of the room and shut the door for him leaving Jinyoung to stress over the paperwork on his own.

Jinyoung didn't know what to expect, but once late afternoon came and he still hadn't put a dent into the piles of paperwork. He almost wanted to slam his head against the desk. He needed to come up with new marketing strategies to bring their revenue up, network with all their current buyers, and he had to plan for the meeting next week! It was all coming at him faster than he'd expected, that's real life for you, and he knew better than to complain.

"Someone looks like they need coffee." a boy younger than Junior set a Cafe au lait on his desk with a smile.

"Thanks, who are you?" Junior asked as he sipped the freshly made drink.

"I'm Mark and I’m just a barista who delivers coffee here a lot, my cafe is across the street." He smiled.

"Your shop? You're not old enough to be running a cafe all on your own." He teased, and the boy just shrugged.

"I dropped out of high school my senior year and instead of doing nothing I ended up doing this." He pointed at his little apron that read "96 cafe" and he didn't really understand the naming of it, but he just decided to leave it be because he had enough to worry about already. The blondie came over behind the desk and leaned over.

"First day always the worst I guess?" He smiled and the older looked up at him and the weight of the world didn't feel so bad.

Mark took his leave and the rookie finally slammed his head on the desk deciding it was probably best to pack up. He gathered all the papers and took the ones he knew were important and slide them into the carrier right beside his laptop. He checked his watch and realized he'd been in the building for almost twelve hours; how did this happen? He thought to himself as he slung his bag around his shoulder and walked briskly to the exit. The receptionist was beginning to pack up as well and she greeted him a good night as he passed by.

He let the night breeze sweep past him and took a deep breathe in. He looked up at the stars and moon that illuminated the dark sky, the clean air, and just every little thing about this place made Jinyoung feel so cozy. He was about to take out his phone, but then a familiar figure walked up to him, one that he's seen somewhere before, yet he couldn't quite put a name to the body. His deep black hair slightly showed until finally the moons light was fully cast upon him; Yugyeom. The boss's son and intern wasnwondering around at night, or at least that's what it seemed like. There was something about the kid he didn't notice the first time he'd seen him. A birthmark around his right eye, it was small, but it was there. A little black dot and he wondered how he missed that the first time.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, but the younger shook his head and closed the distance.

The older had no time to react because in a matter of seconds the boy had him in a gentle embrace. His hair smelled like vanilla, his hands placed low on the elder’s waist, and he could hear the other's heartbeat against his own. Jinyoung's blood rushed to his cheeks and in a blink of an eye his face was beat red. "It's been so long, but I've finally found you again." He said so softly and the elder was mesmerized, but then he snapped back to reality and pushed him away.

"What the hell? Who are you!" He screamed, and the intern's face went blank as if his soul had just drifted away.

"You don't remember..." He got up and run off into the night leaving a puzzled and frustrated Jinyoung to stand there in a daze.

Jinyoung called an uber while the statement the younger made rang in his head. What do I not remember? He thought to himself as the driver pulled up.