His Perfect Wife

Love Scenario
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the push and pull and lots of discussions and fightings, I was able to convince her to move in with me. The children were crying in confusion and even Jiwon tried to defend his mother but when we explained to them who I am in their lives, they immediately warmed up to me. I know she was still about to stand on her firmed decision to solely provide for our kids when the rent collector appeared and demanded for delayed payments. That was when I saw how her beautiful face contorted in defeat.

Fuming in rage, instead of paying the accrued rentals, I called my lawyer and adamantly told him to buy the whole area and tear it down, much to the rent collector's surprise. Before he can react, I already pull away my family from that hellish box.

 

Now, looking over the wonderful night scenery of Seoul City, I hug her from behind and pass her some warmth.

I know she has lots of things running in her mind and I won't force her to tell me unless she's ready. However, somehow, I wanted to know how her life was after we parted ways, and how she bear living all alone, trying to survive while feeding our two kids. She must have went through a lot and it's all my fault. If only I was man enough, she doesn't have to face everything on her own.

"Why you didn't tell me?" I softly ask, not wanting her to feel like I'm blaming her decision.

"You didn't even want me after that." she murmurs. "Why would I?"

"Does your parents know?"

She shakes her head, "Three weeks after you broke up with me, I found out I was pregnant. I can't tell my mom. She's a teacher and I'll be a huge embarrassment to her profession. Dad wouldn't understand too. He was busy with our business that time and I know I can't add on his numerous stress. I can't tell you because it's obvious to me that you don't want to take the responsibility."

I hug her tighter, feeling ashamed of how I acted.

"So when mommy gave me the money for my tuition fee, instead of enrolling, I've decided to run away. I know it's my fault so I must suffer alone. I went to Busan without knowing anyone, looking for a better start. I hid my pregnancy to get some jobs and even changed my name so nobody will recognize me. I hoped to save some before my delivery. Luckily, I met some good friends who took care of me. An old grandmother also provided me a place to stay for the first four years until she died of heart attack. The kids and I had to move out because her son sold the property to a private entity. That was when I decided to move back to Seoul."

"W...Was that the reason why you ended up working in the bar?" I kiss her temple.

She sighs. "Life is harder in the city. The kids were growing up faster too. I tried to apply for some clerical jobs but nobody accepted me because I don't have credentials. Moreover, I wasn't using my real name. Desperate, I applied in that place..."

"It was a tough decision to make...and I'm proud of you." I assure her. "You don't have to feel bad because you did that for our babies. You were amazingly selfless. Even I cannot top that. You are so strong my Love."

She turns around and look at me, "I used to be a dishwasher. The owner of the bar wanted to hire me as one of their GROs but I refused. I didn't want to be expose to those dirty old men. At first I was safe, nobody saw me working in the kitchen to even have some interest. Unfortunately, I had to relieve a waitress for a night and I ended up being disrespected by that old man when I refused his advances."

I bite my lower lip, recalling that old business partner of mine. 'So that's what happened? That liar announced that he bedded her but in reality, he was humiliated? I should have punished him more.'

"The owner kicked him away but she told me again to reconsider being an entertainer. Again, I refused. I had no intentions to sell my body to anyone. However, bad luck strikes me again for when I went home that night, Jisoo's tummy was aching so bad that I had to rush her to the hospital. But nobody wanted to examine her because I can't pay the deposit. I was too hopeless and I can't bear to see my daughter writhing in pain so I called for Madame and asked for some advances. She agreed to lend me some money if I will go back to the bar as her entertainer. I agreed." she inhales deeply before releasing it as a sigh, "When she told me that I had my first customer for the night, I was shaking in fear inside. I just literally sold myself to a devil. I promised myself I won't let any man touch me but when I saw it was you, the fear was replaced with embarrassment. Here you are, looking so damn fine while here I am, looking like a pathetic loser, living a low life just to feed my kids. I was helpless, I was insulted and I'm such a loser. How can I face you with my head high if I don't have anymore dignity left in me? So I just went with the character and acted like a complete . I repeatedly reminded myself not to be swayed. If I don't have anymore pride then it's fine, as long as my heart will remain intact. I was expecting you to mock me, to make fun of me or even refuse to acknowledge knowing someone like me... not the other way around. Your reaction was a surpise. Unfortunately, I can't go beyond the call of my job because... I am a ...and it's true. You easily had your way that night." 

I trap her in my arms, "I am sorry." I said with all the sincerity. "I am really really sorry Chaerin. I should have been there, sharing the burden with you. I am sorry for not being around when you need me the most. For the past sixe years, I am regretting my decision of letting you go and I know it's not enough. It will never be enough. I should have looked for you instead of wondering were you might be. I should have thought outside the box instead of assuming things that you have a better life without me. I am sorry if I made you feel so low then and now that we meet again, if I said things I didn't mean that hurted you a lot, if I did things without even thinking that made you cry...I am sorry my Love...but hear me... I am not sorry for claiming you. Bringing you back is the only thing I did right in my life."

She only look at me in the eyes, trying to trace

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter