04:

91 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" excuse me " Irene looked at the unfamiliar girl who suddenly approached her. The girl has a full bangs with hazel chestnut colored hair, very small face, fair skin, and a pair of beautiful eyes— Irene can't determine if the girl's wearing a contact lens or not.

 

Irene raised her eyebrow " yes? " she responds.

 

" I'm Wendy, I'm Seulgi's cousin " Wendy introduces herself and slightly smiled at Irene. Irene then realized why the girl has amazing features— being pretty must be in their family's blood, Irene thought to herself " oh, Seulgi's not here with me. I believe she's in one of her classes " Irene smiled back at Wendy.

 

" Oh, no. I'm not here for her, I'm here to talk to you " Wendy said which made Irene frown.

 

Irene doesn't know why she has the need to talk to her if this is one of those drama scenes where one of the relatives are against their relationship and she's going a water splash on her face or money in an envelope. 

 

" what about? " Irene frowns as she curiously asked " let's talk somewhere more... private? " Wendy said and so she asked Irene to go to a cafe nearby to have a proper talk which Irene agrees on. It's fortunate that she has nothing on her plate today or else she'll probably reject Wendy.

 

" you really look pretty in person, now I know why Seulgi's really into you since the time she saw you in her freshman orientation " Wendy spilled " and she's like more into you now and I guess it's because she's starting to get to know more of you "

 

" thank you but I just want to know what are we going to talk about? I bet it's not because of those " Irene asked directly, the feeling of waiting for what Wendy wants to talk about makes her feel anxious.

 

Wendy faked a cough and wore a much serious expression " about Seulgi... " she paused like she doesn't want to open it up " I don't want to shock you about this but... her mental condition is not okay, I thought it's going to be better when you came into her life but it seems like I was wrong " Wendy handed Irene a diary and papers of google history.

 

" she's suicidal, Irene, and when you came into her life it seems like she's in hurry to cut her life down. It seemed like she's stuck between wanting to live because of you and dying as soon as possible before her mind changes completely "

 

Irene looked at what Wendy gave her; searches of suicides, getting rid of depression and some sort of other disturbing things " Seulgi's father passed away five years ago and there her mental condition problems began, from seeing her mother cry and hurt herself " Wendy started.

 

" but 3 years after that, her mother met her stepfather. We thought— I thought that she'll get better with her seeing mother start to smile again and with a new family she'll have, but it just has gotten worse "

 

" instead of getting her mental condition better she just began to get better on hiding her feelings which makes it a lot worse. I know that she's not getting any happiness in her heart, that she's been dying inside "

 

" having a new father isn't the answer, it just made her feel insecure— it just made her felt like she doesn't belong to the family anymore, that she's just a freeloader, that her mother won't need her now "

 

" her depression starts there, physically hurting herself and drowning herself to her dark thoughts " Wendy paused as she prevents herself from crying " I always look after her, I tried hard to become her friend, to reach out to her but whenever I do she just always pushes me away "

 

" even she pushes me away or says that she's fine, her eyes are screaming for help "

 

" now her mother is in the hospital, barely living due to her heart failure and she needs a heart transplant— if she won't get it in 4 months she'll die " Irene barely even opened to talk, she's just listening to Wendy and absorbing everything " I believe that gave Seulgi a ticket to her death, a reason to die without being in vain "

 

" I realized why she bravely approached you " Wendy picked up the diary that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter