02:

91 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though Seulgi has bravely confessed her love to Irene and Irene has agreed on going out with her, she just can't get her feet to freely walk closer to where the latter is. Her courage seems to run out that whenever she plans to, she can't make herself go in front of Irene again, she would always keep a safe distance from the girl and just look at her from afar.

 

Every day she would go to where Irene is, keeping at least five meters away from the girl. As much as she wants to approach Irene, she can't help but doubt if it's okay to. She's afraid that she might get Irene annoyed and have Irene hate her— that's one thing Seulgi doesn't want to happen.

 

" this is hard " Seulgi murmured to herself.

 

Seulgi sighed as she looks at Irene who's busy reading something inside the library— so near yet so far. Seulgi kept on tiptoeing around the window to steal glances to the beautiful girl and when she felt the exhaustion from her ridiculousness, she leaned her back on the cold wall and sighed again.

 

Seulgi pushed her glasses on the bridge of her nose and stared at the box of omegi tteok that she bought earlier " it's our 22nd day today " she murmured as she gets frustrated about herself " I want to ask her on a date " 

 

" Oh! " Seulgi lifted her head up and looked at Yeri who's pointing at her " Irene unnie's so-called girlfriend! " Yeri exclaimed.

 

" are you here for Irene unnie? She's inside, want to go with us? " Joy asked.

 

Seulgi can feel the ray of hope to what she wants to achieve for today due to the sudden appearance of the two.

 

" you've been following unnie for like weeks now but not approaching her. You kinda look like a stalker that way " Joy pointed out and Yeri laughed as she nods her head, she agrees with her.

 

Seulgi's face flushed— so that's how they view it, Seulgi thought to herself " I just thought she might be busy, I don't want to disturb her or anything so I decided to just look at her from afar " Seulgi explains " but today is our 22nd day so I wanna ask her on a date, but she seems to be busy again " Seulgi sighed.

 

Yeri and Joy burst into laughter " 22nd day! Did you heard that!? " Joy exclaimed as she laughs like a man " I didn't know people still celebrate those things! Dang, that's so cheesy! " they even high five each other.

 

Seulgi looked at them like a lost kid, waiting patiently for their laughter to run out " sorry, sorry. We just found it hilarious " Joy apologized as she composes herself " but by the way, we just finished our exams— what busy are you talking about? " Yeri frowned.

 

" whenever I see her, she'll be reading some sort of books so I suppose she is " Seulgi responded as she scratches her head.

 

" oh well, since you made us laugh we'll be glad to help you ask unnie out on a date so come on " Joy said and gestured for Seulgi to follow them inside the library.

 

Seulgi decided to follow the two, she's walking nervously behind them, gripping into the box of omegi tteok that she has on her hand. She can feel her heartbeat raising uncontrollably like her heart will jump out of her rib cage any minute now.

 

" unnie! " Yeri approached Irene. Joy and Yeri then sat down beside Irene, revealing Seulgi who's hiding behind them " you have someone who's looking for you " Joy said and pointed Seulgi who's already in a panic.

 

" oh... what do you want? " Irene asked and placed down the book she's been 'reading'— so she's reading a fashion magazine inside of the thick book that she always carries around, Seulgi realizes to herself.

 

" I... I... " Seulgi can't help but stutter, she wants to run off or just evaporate or have the ground eat her " I bought something for you! " Seulgi said and handed Irene the box of omegi tteok.

 

" thank you " Irene said and accepted it " it's our 22nd day today, I want to ask you on a date! " another act of braveness for Seulgi, she wanted to clap for herself and congratulate herself for what she did.

 

" 22nd day? " Irene frowned and the sound of soft laughter began, Joy and Yeri are laughing once again " it's called two-two day, it's like a pre-anniversary celebration. I'm not certain about it since you're my first girlfriend but they said that couples really do celebrate that day " Seulgi honestly said, she read it from the internet.

 

Irene flashed a smile and rested her chin on her palm— she's so pure and naive. Seulgi can swear to God that Irene's smile is the most beautiful thing that she had ever see " where do you plan on bringing me then? " Irene asked.

 

Seulgi gulped at Irene's question. To be honest, Seulgi didn't think this far through for she didn't expect that she can actually ask Irene about the date today and she just expected for herself to act like a loser today so she didn't plan anything.

 

" I... I don't know, but I will bring you wherever you want to go " Seulgi said, looking at Irene as if she's pleading for the girl to go with her " I might not give you the best date but I promise to take care of you the whole time you're with me, please let me take you on a date " Seulgi added.

 

" just go on unnie, I think I might puke any minute now because of cringiness " Yeri said and stood up to pull Irene to stand up as well and slightly pushed her towards Seulgi " go on now " she shooed away the two.

 

As soon as Irene and Seulgi went out of the library the two slowly shook their heads " I cannot believe girls like Seulgi still exists " Joy said " two-two day? Who does even celebrate that day? " Joy snorted.

 

" here we go, someone, who's bashing the other one when you and Seulgi are in fact the same " Yeri continuously shook her head " remember Yook Sungjae? " Yeri smirked when Joy's reaction went out due to the sudden mentioning

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter