Complicated

Nobody Compares (I Love You the Most)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After having a short chat about Sowon's situation, Yerin and Umji then parted ways. Yerin has to go back to her apartment to rest and think of some ways to console her weary friend. Umji, on the other hand, had to meet SinB and spent time with the girl. 

Meanwhile. 
 

 

 

 


'Mr. Kim, we have another scheduled trial in 3 days. The witness will be expected to appear and strengthen his allegation about your daughter. For now, we have to at least reduce her verdict from murder to homicide.  The said witness had a strong evidence against Ms. Kim and I'm afraid we will have a hard time finding stronger evidence.' The family lawyer said. 

 

'I understand. But we have to again check the credibility of that witness. It could be that someone is behind this.' 
 

The lawyer nodded. 'Alright, Mr. Kim. For now, I will look into this case further. And we have to prepare Ms. Kim for the next trial. She will also give her testimony about that night and she only needs to be consistent in delivering her statement. ' 
 

'Thank you, Mr. Lawyer, we will inform Sowon about that.'  Mrs. Kim uttered and as a mother, a feeling of anxiety kicked in again. 

 

 

__
And that, Monday ended while Sowon being enclosed in a four-wall room she never imagined to be in.  The night was spent in solitude and in fear.  It is more than discomfort she's feeling, it is being alone. Her being stuck in a horrible jail, makes her think of Nayeon once again. Her thoughts could only contain the girl's image she longed to see, the times she spent with her and the night she lost her.  Willingly, her tears just went down her face, making her drown, trapped in a situation that's making her sink even more. 

__

 


The next day. 

Mr. Im once again visited the witness. He was so full of himself and starts to give yet another instruction to the poor man. 

'In the upcoming trial, Mr. Kim's daughter will tell her side of the story. I want you to counter everything and stick with your statement.  My men are now working on in planting an evidence in my daughter's condo unit.  That's our next step just in case there will be some lapses.' 
 

'I understand Mr. Im, but how long are you going to..?'
 

The old man interrupted and laughed proudly. 'You don't know business.. Mr. Kim is my greatest rival. And it's just a luck that her daughter got involved with my daughter and I used that as an opportunity to ruin him!  And, I have people who are already looking for Nayeon. And I hope she wouldn't be found at least for now, not until her daughter will be locked up in jail and everything.. everything that Mr. Kim has will be destroyed!'

 


 

T

'And after this Mr. Im, I will go back to my family and pretend nothing happened.' The witness man said firmly. 


'Of course, my friend! After all, it was still me, who helped you after being jobless. You owe me ALOT. So don't ever think of overturning from me. You know what I would do to your family..' The old man continues. 

 

 

 

__
*yawns* 

'So cute! haha! Hurry up have some lunch!' SinB greeted the black-haired girl who's still on her bed. 

'I wish I could stay here everyday..it feels so good having someone taking care of me.' Umji smiled sleepily as she gets off the bed and welcomed her girlfriend with a hug. 

'Yah! I shouldn't have said yes last night! You're so cheesy!' The same-aged girl giggles. 

'I'm sorry but you can't take that back!'

 

FLASHBACK 

 

'What's with that face? How's your cousin?' 

'Worse. She doesn't deserve to be there.. SinB-yah, she's innocent..' Umji looked at the girl in front of her worrying. 

Sinb nodded. 'If only we could do something for her..'

'I know..' 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'But, I don't like seeing you like that..' (SinB pouted then looked away.)
 

'Sorry..' 

 

 

SinB remained in her position and starts to chuckle. 

 

'What's that? What are you thinking?' Umji asked rather nervous. 

 

'Hmm, nothing. I was just thinking how I can make you happy..' SinB then looked at her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'You know what can make me happy..' Umji smirked. 

 

 

 

'I do? I don't think so..' SinB teased. 

 

 

'I know you do..' 

 

 

SinB then continued to look at the girl sitting beside her. She then grabbed both of her hands and said..

 

'I have known you since high school, and the happiest I could ever be is when I'm with you. I tried to fake what I feel..but Umji-yah, I want this friendship to be something more..' SinB moved closer. 

 

'...About what you asked me few weeks ago.. I think I have an answer now.' 

 

 

Umji smiled. 'What is it?' 

 

 

'Yes. I am now your girlfriend. Let's be happy together.'
 

Then the two instantly hugged each other and decided to spend the rest of the night at SinB's apartment. 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

'Good thing I love you..' SinB let go of the hug and rushed to the kitchen. 
 

'Ah! You want me to run after you? Come hereeeeee!' Umji then ran towards her playful girlfriend and the two of them was now running around the kitchen table instead of eating.

 

But the fun was cut off when Umji's phone rang. 

 

 

 

'Eunha-unnie? Is everything fine?'

'Ah, yes, yes. Ahm, remember on my launch party a few days ago..'

'Hmm?'

'Ahm, Yuju! You introduced me to her that night and she has mentioned that she's a fashion designer. I am currently looking for a qualified one for my shop..do you  know where I can reach her?' 

'Ah! Yes unnie, that's why I invited her because she's into fashion and she's highly competitive.' 

'That's right and that's why  I am hoping to make a deal with her and work for me instead..' 

'That's for sure! I'll send you her number.'

'Alright, thanks Yewon-nah!'

'No worries!' 

 

 

 

 

After the call, the lovers then finally head over to the kitchen enjoying their first meal together as a couple. 

 

 

__
AT THE SAME TIME

Yerin then got off her motorbike and joyfully walked her way to the visitor's area. She settled herself on a corner table and put down a bag she brought with her. After a while, a gloomy and stressed out tall girl appears in front of her, with handcuffs. The joy on the visitor's face faded slightly at the sight but then quickly regained her mood and greeted the restless girl. 

 

'Hiiii!' She cheered. 
 

Sowon then slowly sat herself down opposite to Yerin and shamefully hide her hands under the table. Having handcuffed could never be nice in front of people. 

 

 

You can hear Sowon's deep breaths as she looks awkward in front of the younger girl. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter