Dilemma

Nobody Compares (I Love You the Most)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rain went on for the rest of the afternoon, letting Sojung and Yerin spent the whole time inside the older girl's car. For some reason, they chose to stay although they could have been somewhere more comfortable than remain in a rather unfamiliar companionship. After all, it was the place that once eased them from the mocking obstacles of life. 

'It's interesting, right?'

 

'Hmm?'

 

'How raindrops fall so hard but not filling up the sea. I wonder how they feel?'

 

Yerin smiled turning to her right where the curious girl is. 'For sure the sea sees the effort of the raindrops, it just doesn't want itself to overflow.' 

 

'Because it'll cause tsunami?' Sojung's silly guess. 

 

 

'Hmm, could be, but because if we fall too hard, we'll hurt others and even the person itself whom we love. I think the raindrops just fall naturally from above not having the intention to fall right into the ocean.' Yerin gazed back to the attractive sea. 

 

 

'Deep. Well, in that case, I want to be the sea where raindrops fall into. I'm not afraid of overflowing, but I would definitely enjoy the feeling of when they fall into me.' Sowon laughs. 

 

'hahaha! I hope the raindrops will not get tired of falling, it seems impossible for an ocean to really overflow.' 

 

'Yeah, maybe. But who knows?' Sowon said connecting her eyes to Yerin. 

 

The younger girl smiled back at her. 'Small yet strong raindrops falling in love with the massive but soft sea.. hmm interesting indeed.' 

 

 

Then the witty girls laughed again admiring each other's references to love. 

 

 

 

 

 

'Well, anyway, I have something to ask.' Sowon broke their laughter. 

 

'uh? yeah, what is it?' Yerin looked at her distracted. 

 

'Well, I have shared my favorite place with you, I did you wrong but you forgave me and now I am making it up to you by letting you stay in my car..' The older paused. 

 

'So...?'

 

 

'So...are we friends now?' Sowon finally asked, smiling awkwardly at the girl sitting beside her. 

 

 

'hahahahahaha! You're so cute, but if you're asking, yeah, we're friends now.' Yerin answered with a thumbs up. 

 

 

Sojung then smiled. Happy by the fact that someone, after a long time, was able to see her as someone who can be with. 

 

 

'Okay then! I'll take you home!' Sowon blurted. 

 

 

 

 

'Wait, WHAT?! You're taking me home?' Yerin got nervous yet unsure if they're really on the same page, with that question. 

 

 

Sowon nodded. 'Yeee...aaahh? (She chuckles.) Ahh, you're funny. I mean, where do you live? I am taking you home.' She cleared out. 

 

 

'Aaaahhh! Yeah, that's what I meant. (obviously not lol) Sure, sure, take me. Uh no wait! Actually, you .. you don't have to, that'd be bothersome. I .... I can go home by train.'  Yerin stuttered. 

 

 

Sowon scoffs. 'You're weird, I am wanna send you home, I caused you so much trouble last night, and at least, in this way, I can repay you.. I insist. : )'

 

 

'Okaa..aay, hmm, since it's still raining, then let's go.' 

 

 

 

 

The car drive to Yerin apartment was almost an hour causing the newly-met friends engage in more conversations, about where they went to college, their hobbies and families. The two seemed to finally enjoy each other's company.  Will the new-found friendship blossom or would die soon?

 

 

 

'It's here, thank you Sojung.. ahh! Sowon. :)' 

 

'You're welcome, so this is where you live alone?'
 

'Yeah, but my cousin Yuju, she lives next door, so I am not really by myself.'

 

Sowon nodded. 'That's good.'  (Yerin then unlocks the car.)


'Thanks for today, it was nice to finally meet you.' 

 

'Me too, but wait! Take this, it's yours.' Sowon handed her a yellow umbrella with some flower patterns on it. 

 

'Uh? Thanks! But..'

 

'You can have it. :)'

 

'A..alright. Thank you. I'll go out now. See you around.' 

 

 

 

'Yes, see you around.' Sowon smiled, waiting for the younger girl until it enters the building. 

 

 

Yerin also was smiling widely, as she got off the car. Carefully holding the umbrella to her chest.

 

As Yerin was walking her way to the entrance, Yuju was also walking approaching the building, seeing her cousin and a n expensive-looking black car. Wondering who sent her cousin home. 

So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter