The Grandfather

10 Years Later
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! HEHEHE.... 

I READ ALL THE REACTIONS ABOUT THE COUPLE IN THE LAST CHAPTER. REALLY WEIRD BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT JESSICA IS NOT IN LOVE WITH HIM. BECAUSE SOMEONE IS MEANT FOR HER AND ITS NOT HIM ;)

LITTLE CHUB-CHUB READY TO MEET HIS GRANDPA! WILL HE MELT HIS COLD HEART AND TAKE AWAY THE PAIN THE CHAIRMAN STILL HAS INSIDE HIS HEART?

 

 

 

10 Years Later

 

CHAPTER 5

 

“Jessica… do you have anything to talk about before the meeting?…”

 

My daughter was just standing in front of my table a few meters away. I know she’s there, I’m just busy checking the stock report submitted to me that I haven’t look at her. Maybe she needs to discuss something about the conference call we will be having later.

 

“Ba ba ba ba…”

 

To my surprise, a different voice answered my question. A cute giggly voice babbling. Who is that?!

 

I raised my head at my daughter’s direction upon hearing it, curious of who it is. What welcomed me was the sight of a very cute and chubby little baby boy wearing a lion like onesie smiling at me. His eyes like slits but looks very familiar. That kind of eyes…

 

“What the…” I dropped the papers on my table, looking at Jessica and the little visitor she has in her arms. Is this baby…

 

“Hi Dad.” she grinned at me, smiling.

 

Could the baby be…

 

“Ba ba ba ba ba ba!”

 

He looks so cute… just like his Mom when she was still a baby in my arms.

 

Clearing my throat, I stood up from my leather chair and met them in the middle of my office. What should I do?

 

“Dad… I’m here to remind you about our meeting and about the event tonight…” I was listening to her while staring at the baby in her arms looking back at me with widened eyes reaching his hands on me then clapping it.

 

“Yes, the meeting. I won’t forget that…”

 

“And the event tonight. Soojung’s photo exhibit…” sigh.

 

I don’t even know if I have the courage to go.

 

I still don’t know what to do until now if I see my daughter face to face. She defied me… her Father who only wants what’s best for her that time.

 

The little guy was staring back at me scanning my whole face with fascination. He is handsome… my wife is not lying. Seeing him in person is different in seeing his photos my wife keeps on sending on my e-mail.

 

From his birth back in L.A. until last month my wife has been visiting them. I just let her do what she wants because she knows I don’t care. When she tells me she will be flying to L.A. to visit them, all I answer her is a cold shrug. But the truth is I want to go with her…

 

But I couldn’t.

 

Because I’m still hurt. I still have this pain inside me that can’t let go.

 

“Dad? Dad!” I woke up from my daydreaming and realized I was staring at the baby for too long. He was holding out his hand on me, reaching out while kicking his feet excitedly. Babbling words that I don’t understand.

 

“Ye-yes… I’m sorry… uhh…”

 

“By the way, I took charge of taking care of little chub-chub. Soojung and Amber needs to supervise at the exhibit hall for the event tonight. Is it okay with you?” my daughter smiled at me and walked around my office carrying the baby who’s kicking his feet. They went near the clear glass wall overlooking the city watching the cars down the street. Little chub-chub?  

 

“Little chub-chub?”

 

“That’s his nickname Dad. Right my little chubby fluffy cub~? Who’s the cutest?~ You are?” the baby giggled and on her hold, my heart slowly melting hearing those sounds. Its been a long time since I heard those kind of baby sounds… the last time was when Soo--

 

I cleared my throat and went back to my seat behind my table reaching for the documents I discarded a while ago. I don’t have time for reminiscing. I don’t have a daughter anymore… she is dead and I don’t want to see her again. She decided for her self, so be it.

 

“Sooyeon, you have a lot of things to do. Don’t forget that. Its not your responsibility to take care of that child, bring him back to his parents whoever they are.”

 

“His parents’ name is Amber and Soojung…” I felt the familiar pain on my heart upon hearing those names. I cleared my throat and let out a scowl to mask the pain I felt.

 

“Whoever they are, give the baby back to them and prepare for the conference call we are going to have.” my voice scolding her in a serious tone. I don’t want to hear those names again…

 

Just the mere mention of those names makes the veins in my head tick. I despise hearing those names…

 

“Don’t you even find him cute and handsome? Look at him… Philippe is such a sweetheart! Say Hi to Grandpa!~”

 

“Ba ba ba ba ba!”

 

I gave Sooyeon a cold look, showing her that I am not enjoying everything. I have a lot of work to do and no time to spare with this….this… cute little guy giving me his gummy smile.

 

Don’t smile at me like that.

 

“Sooyeon…”

 

“Look at that chub-chub! See those buildings? Jung Towers is higher than them! Oh! There’s a helicopter! Aigoo~~… nice view here in the Chairman’s office, right?”

 

“If I were you, I’ll prepare for the Conference call. I need you to close that deal with the Arab investors…” I dropped my gaze on the paper in front of me but my concentration is already ruined. I can’t help but watch that little guy in her arms having fits of giggles and gurgling, his little voice filling the spacious room.

 

“Dad, I’m ready for it don’t worry. You want to join Aunt Jess inside the conference room? Huh?~ Little chub-chub will join Aunt Jess?”

 

“What!? No! Jessica, you can’t bring a baby inside that conference room!” I have no desire of scaring the baby but my voice raised a little bit hard startling him. Oh no.

 

The baby started crying in her arms that made me panic. My daughter was looking at me like I did the baddest thing on Earth by making the baby cry. “Hush… chub-chub… don’t cry. Don’t cry baby… let’s go here at the window look at that! Shhh… don’t cry…” but it seems like he doesn’t have any intention of stopping. “Dad! Why did you raised your voice!? he got scared! Aigoo~~ hush now chub-chub… don’t cry… Grandpa is not mad….” she kept on rocking the baby in her arms trying to pacify but its no use. His cry was non-stop…

 

“He shouldn’t cry like that… A Jung doesn’t have to cry like that…” I mumbled after standing up from my leather chair and approach them. My daughter was smirking at me that I realized what I just said… “I mean.. bo-boys shouldn’t cry like that.”

 

“Sure Dad, sure.” she turn her attention back to the crying baby and continued to rock him also in a panic mode now “Chub-chub! Don’t cry!” I stood there a meter away from my daughter and the crying little guy who was looking at me with tears in his eyes. Like telling me its my fault he is crying like that! Its not intentional!

 

“You are disturbing my peace, Sooyeon. Bring him to your office and let your secretary take care of him! Or better yet, bring him to the Daycare downstairs for the employees’ children and ask someone to take care of him.”

 

“What? No! No way… I won’t let anyone take care of my nephew… chub-chub…. please stop crying now… please…” Sigh. It seems like he doesn’t have any plan of shutting up.

 

His cry was really heart tugging, his face already red from all the crying he is doing. Now look at that Jessica! “You don’t even know how to take care of a baby and here you are trying to be a baby sitter. Just do what I told you--”

 

“Waahhhhhhh! Waaaahhhhh!!”

 

Uggh. I think I’m having a headache.

 

Jessica’s phone suddenly buzzed, its loud buzzing joining the little guy’s pleads of mercy. He was wriggling in Jessica’s hold while my daughter is trying her best to fish out her phone inside her blazer pocket. Should I help her?

 

I was going to take a step forward but changed my mind. No. She entered that dilemma herself, she should learn how to exit it.

 

“Waaahhhhhhhh!!!! Waaaaaahhhhh!!!!”

 

“Oh God chub-chub! Hush now…. your Mommy will kill me! Wait! I’ll just answer the phone… goodness… Hello?! Yes? Wendy! I’m here at the Chairman’s office… yes,… sorry its a bit noi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter