Desperate Much?

Wing-girl

[A/N] Now let's get this started shall we? I'm so excited to go on this journey with you all once more :D


[Ji Eun's POV]

"I can't believe it's only January and people are starting to put up Valentine's decorations everywhere," said Ji Yong as he sat next to me in the cafeteria.

"Why, hello to you as well idiot." I rolled my eyes at him

"Look, Ji Eun-ah. You know how desperate I am. Can't you set me up with one of your friends once more? Maybe that new girl Chaerin who is in your English class?"

I kept my eye on my tray to ignore him.

Kwon Ji Yong, my best friend for 18 years is so desperate finding the right girl. He has never been in a serious relationship before and always asks me to set him up with someone I know.

"Hello, earth to Ji Eun? Is anyone there?" 

He swayed his hands in front of me, trying to get my attention.

I slammed my fork on the table and looked him straight in the eye.

"Kwon Ji Yong, how long have we known each other?"

"Ever since we were 8."

"And have I disappoint you once whenever you ask me to set you up with someone?"

"N..no"

"So what seems to be the problem then? Is it my fault, or is it yours?" I glared at him.

God, he can be so annoying from time to time.

"Fine. I guess it's my fault for being an to all."

"You better get your act together. Do you know how hard it is for me to face all of them after your date with them?"

He linked his arms with mine, "But you will still help me out anyways right?"

He looked at me with his 'puppy eyes' and pouted.

I took a big breath, "Yes you idiot. I will still help you."

His face lit up. 

"Thank you! I know you are the best."

Why do I always put myself in this position?


[English class]

Bell rings.

"Alright class, now before we go. I need you all to partner up with someone for an upcoming project. You need to find a historical place and document it. Afterwards, you will be required to present your findings in front of the class. Now class dismissed."

Everyone hustled around trying to find their new partner.

Lee Chaerin, the new girl who just transferred to our school a week ago was there sitting alone in the corner of the first row by the windows.

Guess, it is my time to play my role as the 'wing-girl' once more.

I gathered my stuff, stood up and went to her table.

"Hi, it's Chaerin isn't it?"

The girl nodded and shyly smiled at me.

"Hi, my name is JiEun and I was wondering if you would like to be partners with me for this project?"

She smiled and nodded, "Sure thing! Thank you so much for coming to me, guess I still am quite unfamiliar with the new environment."

"No problem! Also if you need someone to show you around, just let me know. I'll be glad to help out! Here's my number so contact me anytime!"

Kwon JiYong, you owe me big time.


[After school- Starbucks by the school]

"Here you go, one latte with skim milk and a dash of cinnamon, your favorite."

JiYong placed my drink in front of me.

"This is how you are repaying me? After what I just did?"

"Well, it's a step-by-step process right? I'll pay you back everytime there is a new progress in this situation."

"Fine, you got it.

Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey babe, how's it going?"

Choi Seunghyun, my boyfriend kissed me on the cheek.

"Hey babe, urgh I'm being this 's wing-girl again."

"Now now JiYong, don't overwork my girl. You got that?"

"Ah- hyung, look at you two always so sweet in front of me. I just want to get in some of the action as well, that's all." He made his puppy eyes + pouty lips look once more.

Desperate much?

"Well, judging by the looks, you must have done quite a bit today huh? My poor babe," said Seunghyun.

"OMG, you have no idea. Yeah, I went up to his new target and then like we talked for a bit and I showed her around the library. That was a lot of talking involved, but she does seem like a sweet girl. I like her"

JiYong grinned.

I pointed my finger right between his eyes, "You'd better be grateful when all this works out."

"So when will you introduce me to her, tomorrow?"

I shook my head, "That is not how do you it, it I do that it will be too obvious that I was trying to set you up with her. I need at least another 3 days to settle things down, then I will 'conveniently' run into you and then you guys can make your formal introductions."

"Wow, JiEun-ah, you are such a pro at this. I am so lucky to have a friend like you."

SeungHyun patted my head, "And I am so lucky to have a girl like you as well"

We leaned in for a quick kiss.

"Ewwww, you guys stop it!"

And suddenly our table was filled with laughter.


[A/N] A kinda short chapter but I hope you all enjoyed this! I will update soon, thank you all! Loves and comments are much appreciated.