Chapter 8

Good Person

Seohyun sat in the room quietly, glancing at the clock.

9.15am.

And her oppa wasn't here.

It had been six months since he left for America to go on a management course, two months since they sent that invitation to him but no reply came.

In the room, two of her unnies were with her, having helped prepare her while the rest of her unnies were outside in the church, helping to usher in the guests with their respective oppas.

Taeyeon noticed her maknae's expression as her fingers combed through her hair.

"Oh Seobaby, what's wrong?" she murmured as Yuri stepped into the room, back from taking the bonquet.

She looked at her unnies in the mirror reflection and held Taeyon's hand, which rested on her right shoulder.

"Unnie...  am I doing the right thing?" her voice was soft.  "After all that he has done for me..."

Yuri crossed over to where they were and her hair.  "Hyunnie...  do you love him?"

She nodded, and a lone tear dropped down her face.  "But its not as much as I love Kyuhyun oppa, and it doesn't feel the same way."

"Hyunnie..."  Jessica stood at the door, calling her name softly as she entered.  "My baby, what's wrong?" she soothed, backhugging her as Taeyeon and Yuri moved out of the way.

"Jessica unnie..." she sobbed.

"This is about Donghae oppa isn't it?" she asked softly, patting her back.

The younger one nodded, oblivious to the other unnies entering the room one by one, all except Yoona, who was rushing from the airport to the church.

"Seohyun...  He wouldn't want to see you like this," Tiffany murmured as Sunny dabbed away at their maknae's face.

She nodded and tried to calm herself down.  "I'm sorry unnies," she said softly.

"Its okay, Seo," Hyoyeon assured her as she gestured for Sooyoung to move aside and let Taeyeon reapply the makeup on Seohyun's face.

"Don't let him hurt you, maknae," Sooyoung called out, causing laughter among the eight of them.

Seohyun closed her eyes as she drowned out the murmurs of her unnies, Taeyeon applying the makeup on her face once more.

"DONGHAE OPPA!"

The man in question whirled around.

"Seo...  Seohyun," he gasped, seeing her running towards him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

"Hyun..."

"Yah hyung!"

Donghae couldn't help but chuckle as he spotted Kyuhyun strolling towards him like he owned the airport.  Besides, which of his dongsaengs would call their hyungs starting with "yah" ?

"How nice of you to not inform us you were leaving," muttered Kyuhyun, punching the older one on his shoulder.

He mock glared at his cousin.  "Yah Cho Kyuhyun, who are you anyway?  Why should I inform you?"

"Yah hyung -"

"Is that all you can say?  Yah hyung?"

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes while Seohyun nudged him fiercely.

"Oppa, when will you be back?"

"Probably about six months?"  Donghae smiled.  "I'll be back to attend your wedding, don't forget to send me an invitation."

He focused his eyes on Kyuhyun.  "And you...  If you ever hurt her again...  her eight unnies will stand in my place.  But since you aren't blood related to them they probably won't let you off, hehe."

"Aish hyung!"

Seohyun rolled her eyes and went to hug Donghae, ignoring Kyuhyun's protests.

"Thank you, Donghae oppa," she murmured, her voice soft enough only for him to hear.  "Please take care of yourself."

He nodded and hugged her warmly.  "If this guy ever hurt you, you know I'll hop onto the next plane and come back to beat him up."

He released her, and spoke louder.  "Let go before your boyfriend here kills me."

"I'll kill him if he does that."

He lifted an eyebrow as Kyuhyun pulled her back.  "What, Seo Joohyun?"

"Yah Kyuhyun, can you treat her gently?"  Donghae asked, glancing at his watch.  "Anyway I gotta go, time for me to board my flight."

Seohyun removed her glare from Kyuhyun to smile at her oppa.  "Bye Hae oppa, see you soon.  And thank you."

"See you hyung.  Goodbye and take care," Kyuhyun murmured.

And the last time she saw him, he was entering the departures gate.

"Seobaby, its all done," Taeyeon mumured gently, brushing her hair away from her face softly.

"Thanks unnie," she smiled up at her and got up from the seat.

"Since they took care of everything, can we do the honour?" a voice asked from the door.

Seohyun smiled, recognising the voice.  "Of course, Yesung oppa," she answered.  "Unnies, you should take your positions now."

"See you there, maknae," Hyoyeon replied cheerfully as the seven of them walked out of the room and the guys entered.

Leeteuk went over to her and patted her head.  "Seohyun-ah, please be happy."

"Ah hyung don't make her cry," Ryeowook insisted.

"If that idiot standing there at the altar waiting for you doesn't treat you right, you can always come to us," Eunhyuk said loudly.

"Aish hyung!" Siwon complained, before turning to Seohyun.  "Seohyun-ah, thank you for loving our maknae.  He's pretty evil but it seems like you tamed him."

All of them laughed and Hankyung glanced at his watch.  "The ceremony's gonna start soon."

"Oppas, will you help me?"

The eleven of them gathered around her and lifted her veil down gently before they filtered out of the room, Leeteuk offering his arm to Seohyun.

"Seohyun-ah, I'm sure if your parents were alive, they'll be very happy."

She smiled gratefully at him.  "Thanks, Leeteuk oppa."

"Shall we?"

She accepted his arm and he led her to their positions, Taeyeon on the other side of her, one hand on her back.


Tiffany glanced at her phone and nudged Siwon.

"Oppa, they're here," she murmured.

After the wedding ceremony, the guests had all proceeded to the home where there was to be a lunch reception for three hours before a formal sit-down dinner.  The oppas and unnies had been nervous ever since the ceremony started, wondering if they were going to make it.

The couple quickly made their way to Kyuhyun and Seohyun, murmuring to her they had surprise guests.  Before they could say anything, Tiffany had locked her arm around her maknae and dragged her towards the front of the garden, while Siwon just shrugged and motioned for Kyuhyun to follow after.

Seohyun walked carefully, smiling at her guests as she made her way to the garden, Tiffany slowing down as they reached their destination.  The younger one blinked as she saw her oppas and unnies gathered there, silent and nervous.

"Unnie?"

And then she heard a familiar voice.

"Seobaby!"

"Yoona unnie!"

Yoona came up to her, and took her into her arms.  "You look so pretty, maknae," she murmured.  "I'm sorry I couldn't make it for the wedding ceremony."

"Its okay unnie," Seohyun answered.  "At least you're here now."

Kyuhyun stood besides her, laughing as Yoona punched him in the shoulder.  "Yah, have you been treating our maknae well?"

He nodded solemnly and Yoona turned back to Seohyun, satisfied.  "I have a surpise for you, Seobaby," she murmured, as she stepped back to join the others, and they parted as a familiar figure walked towards them.

"Donghae oppa?"

He smiled and nodded.  "Did you seriously think I would miss your wedding?"

Seohyun laughed, then suddenly frowned and casted her glare on him.  "You made me so worried, oppa!" she stalked towards him.

"Ehh Seohyunnie," Kyuhyun pulled her back gently.  "He's here now, that's important."

Donghae laughed and hugged Kyuhyun.  "Thanks maknae," he responded.

"No, thank you hyung," he replied as they released each other.

"You found anyone in the States, hyung?" Ryeowook asked.

Donghae smiled and walked towards them, nodding as his hand found hers, threading his fingers through hers.

"Unnie!" Seohyun laughed as Yoona looked down embarassed, hearing the congratulations from the rest of them.

Kyuhyun chuckled and pulled his wife closer to him.

"This deer, she came to find me a week ago, hunting me down and stalking me," Donghae said laughingly.

"Yah fish," Yoona threatened.

He smiled and patted her head before looking at Seohyun, who was held close by Kyuhyun and was laughing at their antics.

Finally...  I can say I love you the right way now.


 

A big thank you for all the subscriptions & comments, all the loyalty & love towards Good Person :D

Thank you for staying with this story all this while, this fanfiction has officially ended but a NEW one has began ^^

Its another SEOKYU story entitled Your Eyes, do check it out if you want (:

Once again, thank you for all the support towards this fanfiction and for staying till the end, kamshahanida!