Chapter 6

Good Person
The difference between me and the person who makes you cry
is that all I can do is comfort you.

 

"Oppa!  Why are you here?  Come in!"

He shook his head, the expression on his face emotionless.

"Seohyun-ah, I have something to tell you."

"Come in first, you're getting drenched out there."

He breathed in deeply.  "Seohyun...  I think this is a mistake."

Her eyes widened as she registered his words.

"Oppa..." she whispered, her words trailing off.

"Let's break up."

The silent shout in her heart screamed no, but she nodded, looking down at the floor.

"Arraso," she mumbled, frozen.

He took one last look at her and reached out to close the door gently, murmuring his farewell before making his way to his car.

He didn't see her crumple to the floor, tears dripping down her face as she curled up in that position.


Donghae was at home working on his assignments when he heard the front door open.  He looked up to find his dongsaeng shaking his wet hair in the living room and sighed.  This kid who always don't bring an umbrella with him wherever he goes...

He went back to working on his assignments while Kyuhyun brought down his luggage, dragging it to where the door was before standing there aimlessly.

"Hyung, I have something to tell you."

Donghae looked up and stood.  "Have you told Seohyun you're leaving today?"

His face went blank as his hyung approached him.

"I'm sorry hyung, I... I broke up with her."

The words were barely out of his mouth before Donghae lunged at him, his fists balled up as he swung a wild punch at him.

"You did what?" he thundered.

"Hyung, please understand, its for the better I broke up with her.  She doesn't know I'm leaving." Kyuhyun reasoned softly.  "And she would be able to forget and move on -"

Donghae's fist landed on his shoulder and he winced, the pain puncturing his body while tears spilled down his face.

"You mean to tell me, you didn't have the guts to tell her you were leaving after dating for a year, is that it?"  Donghae was becoming teary now, and he continued his rant.  "You were her first boyfriend.  Her first love.  The one guy who pulled her out from her comfort zone."

He blinked away the tears blurring his sight.  "Tell me how would she be able to forget.  How she would be able to move on."

Kyuhyun looked down, silently agreeing but he stood firm.  "I'm...  I'm sorry hyung."

"Leave now before I do something worse, Kyuhyun."  He closed his eyes, pained.  "You're my cousin, I don't wish to inflict any more pain on you."

"I deserve it."

His eyes opened, full of hurt.

"I trusted my best friend with my cousin.  I was wrong.  Tell me...  The pain inflicted on you, she's feeling it a thousand, a million time worse than you.  How can it ever be justified?"

"I know.  I'm sorry hyung."

Donghae sighed.  "I know you didn't wanted this.  If it wasn't for the business, you would never have done it.  Take care."

"You too hyung.  Would you take care of her for me?"

"Always, maknae, always."

As Kyuhyun got into the taxi waiting outside, Donghae quickly ran to his car, turning on the engine and driving it quickly to Seohyun's house.  He pressed the doorbell and knocked a few times, but there was no response.  He tried the knob and found that it was unlocked, pushing the door open.

And then he saw her, lying on the floor, curled up, sobbing, most likely in the same position after Kyuhyun had left her.

Pain washed over him again.

He went towards her quickly.  "Seobaby, are you alright?" he murmued, sitting on the floor, and gently pulled her into his arms as he felt her shaking.

She recognised the voice.  "Donghae oppa, he's gone.  He left me..."

Renewed sobs washed over her as he hugged her tightly, her face buried into his chest just like old times, his head resting on her shoulder, a hand on the back of her hair as she cried against him.


He made his way down the hallway, stopping in front of a door withe the sign "Seo Joohyun" and knocked politely.

"Come in," she responded.

He opened the door and peered in, she glancing up to see who the person was and the both of them smiled.

"Oppa!"

"Seobaby," he responded, walking into her office and taking a seat.

She stopped her work and went over to sit with him.

"Why are you so free oppa?"

"I came here to see my you," he pouted, suddenly wrapping an arm and pulling her close.

"Oppa," she protested.  "I'm in my office now.  And those pouts don't work on my anymore."

"Yah, have you forgotten this is my company?"

"Oops," she smiled again, but pushed him away quickly.  "Doesn't that make it worse?"

He laughed.  "I told you that I'll support you."

She stuck her tongue out at him.  "Pfffft."

Seven years later, he twenty-eight years old, and she twenty-five years old.  After three years since that fateful day, when he showed up at her graduation ceremony with a bonquet of roses, she had accepted his invitation to go out with him not as best friends, but on a date, and that had slowly turned out into something more.

His parents had decided to hire her as a manager in their company and four years later, he took over as the main chairman of the company.  He smiled to himself as he made his way up the stairs to find his fiancee and his smile grew bigger seeing her hard at work over her laptop and documents, the radio switched on.

He was about to push the door open so he could go in when he heard the radio DJ speak up.

"Good evening everyone!  Today at FM radio station, we have a special guest with us.  He is known for his good looks, charming personality and witty persona.  He has sang many ballads and today, he will be singing live for us.  Let's welcome Cho Kyuhyun!"

Applause was heard in the radio, but Donghae's smile slipped off his face as he heard his cousin's name, and saw Seohyun froze.

"Hello FM radio listners, Cho Kyuhyun innida!  Thank you for tuning in to FM radio station, and for your support towards me as well hahaha."

.

"Haha.  Everyone, please support and give Cho Kyuhyun lots of love!  Well then Kyuhyun-shi, how would you like to start your set here?  Would you want to sing live for us first?"

"Yes, I'll be singing Seven Years of Love."

"As you have said many times before, this song describes your life is that right?"

Crap.  Seven years...  Damn.

"Hahaha like what I said, that's right.  She's someone I met during my university days before I returned home.  She remains my first love, and still is."

The pen slipped off Seohyun's fingers.  It couldn't be me he's referring to...  Right?

"Alright, you're listening to FM radio right now, here's Kyuhyun with 7 Years of Love."

We met for seven years
No one knew we would say goodbye this easily
However we still separated
With the memories we built for a long time, now gone

Various memories swept into Kyuhyun's mind as he started singing, his heart pained.


How did we at such a young age
Meet each other, I don’t even remember how
Difficult for us to handle the maps of our changing selves

 

Thoughts of the past seven years came into his mind, unshed tears in his eyes.


They said saying goodbyes are painful
But I didn’t even have time to feel that
I just thought this is the way staying composed

 

It was selfish of me to have left you like that.  But the other hyungs have told me about how you spent the past seven years.

He's good for you, maybe even better.  If you were to date anyone other than me, I would want it to be Donghae hyung.


But I cried
Time passed it gave me a simple yearning
Different from what my mind was seeing
At first friends then next as lovers
We said we’d stay as friends even if we separated

 

My emails to you, you replied all of them.  I thought you would ignore and delete them but you still replied, even after all that I done to you.

You told no one about it, fearing that I'll be searched for by your unnies and oppas.

We continued emailing.

Until one day, I heard about you and Donghae hyung.


During those 3 years spent alone
We contacted each other sometimes

After that, my emails stopped coming weekly.  I stopped emailing you because firstly, you were supposed to move on. 

Secondly, you were doing well with Donghae hyung.  I stopped emailing you because the other hyungs told me you still couldn't forget...

...  Even though you said you were fine in all your emails.


Even if I met someone else again
Even I loved again
Whenever I was sad I would call you without a word just tears falling

I called you one time.  Only that one time.  And that was because I was feeling down and out for no apparent reason.

You picked up the phone, hearing me cry and cried along with me.  I thought your feelings had changed.  Has it not then?


You have to meet a good person
I thought in my heart without any words
I asked if you still liked me without any thought hoping you say it back

Donghae hyung is better than me in every aspect. 

I may not have said much to you that day we broke up, but I know he would be the one comforting you, bringing you back once more.

For causing both of you pain, the unnies and hyungs...  I'm sorry.


I know
We had the most pure love
Back then we thought that kind of love couldn’t be done again se we saved it in out memories
Often I feel a cold feeling from you
But now I know you can not ask anything

Then your emails stopped coming all of a sudden.  The hyungs told me why. 

You were busy with your work in Donghae's company and busy going to business appointments.

You became exhausted even when you went to meet up with your unnies and oppas.

The emails I sent to you once in awhile...  You never replied them.

Have your feelings changed?

And then recently, I found out why.


“I’m getting married” is what you said to me
After that for a long time I was speechless
Then I cried they were your last words to me
For the only words I wanted to hear was that you loved me

Leeteuk and Yesung hyung told me you were enganged to Donghae hyung now.

Seohyun-ah, I'm sorry.

Will you forgive me for everything I've done to you?

Or is it too late?

Donghae closed the door softly, hearing Seohyun's sobbing and words as he made his way to his room with a heavy heart.

"Why are you doing this?"

Even after seven years, with all the love she gave him...  she was still not completely his.


Hello dearest readers!  I'm back here once more :)

I hope this chapter was up to expectations, sorry for not posting more.

Decided to post in Kyuhyun's thoughts while he was singing that song.  7 Years of Love always make me cry D:

Btw, any one of you watched MBLAQ's Hello Baby?  They're all so cute and adorable!  The children & the members hehehe ^^

As always, thank you for all the subscriptions and comments!  Really grateful since this story started ^^

And I'm thinking of starting a SMTOWN story, inserting OC characters into the story to be the hoobaes and dongsaengs of SMTOWN and exposing all the couples :P  Still thinking about it though ^^

And those reading it has to be you, sorry for not updating!  Still trying to think of how to start the next chapter kekeke :/

Anyway, do watch MBLAQ's Hello Baby as well as Dream High 2!  ^^