Chapter 7

Good Person
When you laugh I feel good too, even when you say it’s just pretend
You bring happiness to the days when I wait for you, the nights when I miss you
Even when I’m alone it’s okay if I can just see you
I’m always behind you, I’m always looking out for you, but it seems like I have to share

 

"Donghae...  He got into an accident."

He froze as he heard Sungmin's words over the phone.

"You say what?" he whispered.

Besides him Seohyun looked up, alarmed by the worry in his voice.

"Another car rammed into his, causing it to crash into the railing."  Sungmin paused as Sunny nudged him gently.  "The paramedics said that the last words he was speaking before he lost consciousness was Seohyun."

The words caught up in his throat.

"Dongsaeng...  You should take Seohyun to see him."  Hangeng spoke up over phone conference, having kept silent for awhile.

He sighed.  "I know."

After they gave him the details, he ended the call and replaced the phone in his pocket.

"Hae oppa, what's wrong?  Did something happened at the company?"

He took her hands gently and she waited, afraid to hear what he was going to say.

"Seohyun...  Kyuhyun got into an accident."

She stared at him, stunned. "Wh - what?"

He saw her struggling to speak and that was when he knew he lost, before she even asked.

"Oppa, can I go see him?"


Her steps quickened as she followed Donghae into the hospital, thoughts running through all my mind.

Why weren't you more careful?

You're always like this, not minding safety precuations.

Please wake up.

"Hyung," Donghae acknowledged, Seohyun doing the same.

Yesung nodded and glanced at the bed where Kyuhyun was lying.

"Can you two be with him?  I'll be joining Yuri at the cafeteria."

They nodded and walked over closer to the hospital bed, Donghae patting his cousin's shoulder.

"What a fool you are, Cho Kyuhyun," he muttered, the machine's beeping punctuating his every sentence.

He turned and saw Seohyun standing besides him, looking at his face.  Her face, although blank, hid a mixture of emotions - he knew her too well.

"Seo...  Do you want to talk to him alone?"

She nodded and he squeezed her shoulder gently before he left.

And then she started sobbing, the tears falling down her face.

"Oppa, I feel so guilty for doing this to him..."

"Why are you doing all this?  Weren't you the one who broke up with me?"

"I love him but its not as much as I love you."

Outside, Donghae closed his eyes as he finally heard her say what he had been knowing all long, trying to control his tears, while Leeteuk, who had joined him, patted his back comfortingly as he saw his dongsaeng struggled with his emotions.

"After all these years, she still loves him..."

His voice came out, broken.

"I've lost."

"Donghae-ah, haven't you heard of the saying that if you love somebody, you should let them go?  If they come back, they're yours forever.  But if they don't, you were never meant to be together."

"I know."  He sounded defeated.  "And he's my cousin, I know he's back here to get here."

Leeteuk nodded absently.  "What would you do?"


The two of them walked silently home, unsure of what to say and lost in their thoughts.

As Seohyun was about to go up the stairs, Donghae stopped her.

"Seohyun, I think we need to talk."

She turned to face him.  "Donghae oppa..."

"Let's call it off."

Her eyes widened.  "Oppa..."

"I know when I lost.  You still love Kyuhyun.  But at least this time, I fought for you with no regrets, even though your heart doesn't love me the way you loved him."

There was no bitterness in his tone, just acceptance.

She stood there, not knowing what to say.

"And he loves you too.  Because before he lost consciousness, the last words he muttered was your name, Joohyun."

And then, the tears started to fall down her face.  "Donghae oppa, I'm sorry...  I'm sorry," she sobbed.

He went to hug her, pulling her close.  "Because I love you right?  That's why I'm able to do this.  I want you to be happy."

She sobbed harder, murmuring her apologies over and over again.  "Donghae oppa I'm sorry...  I'm sorry..."

But he knew there was no point forcing love when the other party was not happy.

Cho Kyuhyun, if you ever hurt her again...

I'll kill you.


Hello readers!  There's one more chapter to go before this story ends :O  I wrote this story due to the song Good Person, which will be in Donghae's point of view, thus he would be the main character.

Thanks for all the subscriptions & comments!

And I got a new story, another S E O K Y U fanfiction :D

Last but not least...  HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHO KYUHYUN!  MAKE MORE MOMENTS WITH SEOHYUN!