polaroids of you

COFFEE

We talk street art and sarcasm

Crass humor and high fashion

Peach color, moon glistens, the plot thickens

As we laugh over shotguns and tongue kisses

Bubble bath, Truth or Dare, and Would You Rather

A cold flame, the thrill of no shame

Drugs, , and polaroids 

Pick a star in the sky

We could both say goodbye all night 

 

There was a box of cream donuts scattered on the kitchen counter along with a new pale yellow polaroid camera. Attached to the box of donuts was a note, "Hey Bin, I bought this for you! I thought it would help kickstart your art project. I'm really stoked about it and I can't wait to see the moments you capture with the camera. Anyways, I'm off to class so I'll see you later, Binnie ^_^ . Sarangahaeyo! "

Hanbin's eyes glazed over with tears. Why is that so thoughtful? . I don't know if I can do this. 

 

1 week ago~ 


Jiwon came home promptly at three, arms full of treats for them and for Obang. He grinned, "Oh by the way, pizza's on the way. I ordered your favorite: sweet potato filled crust with bacon."

Hanbin was so endeared, he looked at Jiwon with the best heart eyes he could muster. They both dived for blankets and pillows, creating a little fort for themselves on the floor of their couch. Snacks drawn out on the coffee table with bottles of soju, both boys were hyped for the marathon. But the thing they couldn't decide was what movies to watch. Hanbin wanted to have a Disney movie marathon starting with Up, but Bobby wanted it to be filled with Marvel movies beginning with Spiderman. They bickered for awhile until the pizza arrived, and finally they both settled for Bobby's favorite: Kill Bill Vol. 1. Hanbin rolled his eyes but he gave in because he would do anything for Jiwon, even if it meant watching the same movies over and over again. 

You're lucky I'm in love with you Jiwon, or else we wouldn't be watching this for the 7 millionth time. 

Bobby grinned, "I knew you'd succumb to me. You're the best Hanbinnie!" 

Ugh, don't call me that. Please. 

Hanbin hit play on the movie, and snuggled up on the couch with a slice of pizza and Obang in his lap. Bobby was on the floor of their little fort, shoving pizza in his mouth. When the pizza was gone, he suddenly decided he wanted to be with Hanbin. He hopped onto the couch and pulled Hanbin close, pushing his head to his chest, and forcing Obang from his comfy spot on Hanbin's lap. Obang growled lowly and jumped to cuddle with the pillows on the floor instead. Jiwon smoothly captured Hanbin between his legs and threw a blanket on top of them. He smiled into Hanbin's hair, smelling the sweet strawberry scent of his shampoo. 

, Jiwon what are you doing to me.. Can you hear how loudly my heart is beating right now? God, I hope not. That'd be so embarassing. What should I do? Should I casually brush myself off of him and land on the floor so that I can be with Obang? But I love this feeling and his arms around me make me feel so secure and warm. . What am I saying? I should just.. 

Bobby frowned when he saw Hanbin lost in space, with a dazed look in his eyes. He wrapped his arms tightly around Hanbin and whispered into his ear, "Bin? Hanbin? Hello, earth to Hanbin? Where's your mind at?" 

"Oh , what? My bad, Jiwon I was just thinking about something." You. I was thinking about you. And how I'm getting shivers by you whispering in my ear. Why are you doing this to me, Jiwon? Do you love watching me suffer or something? 

Bobby had the audacity to look a little bit offended, "Thinking about what? What do you have to think about when you're here with me, watching the best movies of all time?" 

Hanbin looked into Bobby's eyes and wow I feel like I just went star gazing. Jiwon's eyes are so breathtaking. They're so shiny and bright, I feel like I can see the whole galaxy in them. He quickly averted his gaze. He laughed it off and quickly made something up, "You know my studio art class? Well, we have this little project with polaroids and I just can't figure out what I want my concentration to be. I need a certain subject to fit my theme: street art and high fashion, and I just can't find anything to capture that speaks to me artistically." 

Well, I'm not lying. I do need to find a subject for my polaroid project. 

Bobby looked at Hanbin thoughtfully, "How about me?" 

"What about you?" 

"I can be your concentration. You can take polaroids of me." 

Hanbin sputtered, "Jiwon.." 

"What? I've been told my sense of fashion is very cool and even 'boujee', which I think means like fancy or badass? Something like that. You know I'm not really sure because some Westerner told me that so I don't know if I can trust their opinion. What if they lied to me and secretly think I dress trashy. Wow I would be offended. Anyways, there's tons of street art in Seoul, so we could go out, dress our best, and just have fun with your project." 

As Jiwon was rambling, Hanbin was lost in his thought.  you, Jiwon. Since when do you come up with actual good ideas? 

"Jiwon, I think this is the smartest idea you've ever come up with." Hanbin began to smile. "I think I can create something cool when all the pieces come together." 

Bobby scrunched his nose, "What's that suppose to mean? All my ideas are great." 

"In your dreams, Jiwon." 

 

Present day~

 

"Binnie, how do I look?" Bobby was standing in front of the full length mirror in Hanbin's bedroom, looking at his outfit and back at his reflection. He looked skeptical about the black and white grid dress shirt paired with peach colored trousers and black dress shoes. 

, you look so good. You look so sleek and gorgeous, I already know how many eyes are gonna be on you the moment we step out of the apartment. I wish you were mine. I can't stand the thought of having someone else's eyes sweep over you, their lips in thirst. You look so cool, Jiwon. Honestly, you're so beautiful. 

"Good. You look good, Jiwon." 

Bobby did not look reassured, "I don't know Hanbin, this isn't really my style." 

Hanbin rolled his eyes, "That's because your style is over sized BAPE hoodies with joggers. Remember my theme involves mature high fashion, not a rapper's look." Not that you look bad in hoodies, because you look so effortlessly hot in them. 

"I believe in comfort, Binnie. Not everyone can look as as good as you without trying, so that's why I never dress up around you. I already know I'm not gonna compare." 

Hanbin scoffed. Yeah, how aboout the other way around. "Bro, what happened to you saying that you were cool and 'boujee'? Last week you were telling me how you're a fashion icon, and now you're worried? Don't worry, Jiwon, you look seriously amazing and I'm being honest." . I shouldn't have said that. 

Bobby grinned, "I'm kidding Bin, I know I look good. I just wanted to hear you say it. People are gonna be drooling over me as soon as we step into the busy streets of Seoul."

you, . 

As Bobby and Hanbin headed out of the apartment, Hanbin grabbed the newly gifted yellow polaroid off the counter. He blushed when he thought about the note Jiwon left with it but quickly shrugged it off as he followed him out the door. 

 

Hanbin seriously didn't know if he could handle this. With every snap shot of Jiwon, Hanbin's heart was melting away slowly. He just looks so stunning. God, I wish he was mine. Why isn't he mine? Oh yeah, because I'm a coward who can't bring my feelings up around him. But what the Jiwon, you're confusing me so much with the way you act. Why do I act as if I'm special when I know you're like this with everyone. Because that's just the way you are, Jiwon. You're the bright-shining sun, and all I am is the dull-trailing moon behind you. But the moon and the sun collide, right? That's why you're here with me. 

"Binnie! Look, that's so sick. , that looks so cool, I wish I could create art like that. I can't, but you can Hanbin, you're an artist. I've seen your work and it's seriously amazing." Bobby was gushing over a stunning piece of art that had a coup d'etat vibe, a revoltion coming alive. "Take a shot of me with it, Bin. Please!"

And of course, Hanbin couldn't refuse Jiwon. He had to admit Bobby looked stunning next to the piece. The splashes of red and black on canvas, showing some form of an overthrow of the state, looking beautiful against Jiwon's pale skin. With Jiwon's chic, elegant style of grid print and peach, it contrasted alluringly with the mess of coup d'etat. With a smile so shiny, it blinded Hanbin. Jiwon's eyes full of emotion folded into moon-like crescents as he grinned.You're so grand, Jiwon. I wish I was the only one who could see you like this. 

 

When the boys came back to apartment, they were both a giggly mess. They were slightly tipsy because Jiwon had insisted on ordering two bottles of soju when they went for dinner at a cheap barbeque tent. But hey, the meat was good and the soju was fresh. After their meal, Jiwon demanded they buy more alcohol. Hanbin knew it was a bad idea, but he went along with the idea because hell, it's better being with Jiwon than being without him. The two boys stumbled through the tight door, giving kisses and greetings to Obang, who was just as excited as them.

"Binnieeeeee," Jiwon cracked up. "You should have seen your face when you tripped over the curb! It was sooooo ing funny kekeke."

Hanbin laughed, "You're no better, Jiwon. You almost face-planted into the grass outside of the apartment trying to get a grip on the door handle." 

The two boys laughed and laughed until they both wondered how they ended up on the bed in Hanbin's room. Jiwon kicked off his pants as he struggled to his dress shirt. 

"Bin, help me please. I can't get this damn shirt off." Then he started laughing again. "I like it though, because you picked it for me kekeke. Help me!" 

Without a doubt, Hanbin complied. He would do anything for a chance to touch Jiwon, even if he knew the other boy wouldn't rememer this moment when he woke up the next morning.  it. A moment with Jiwon is something I'd never regret. Even if it's forgotten tomorrow. As Hanbin began to the shirt, he felt Jiwon's cold fingers slide up under his shirt. He shivered, everytime Jiwon touched him, it was a slow burn. It felt like fire meeting ice. 

"You make me so happy. Seriously, Bin, I don't know what I'd do with out you." 

Hanbin cried. 

We could both say goodbye all night