shades of violet

COFFEE

I wish I could paint our love

These moments and vibrant hues

Wordplay turns into gun play

And gun play turns into sweet dreams 

Sweet dreams turn into coffee in the morning 

 

"Hanbin!! Where's my snapback?" 

Kim Hanbin huffed, "How should I know, Jiwon? I don't keep track of where you toss your around." He was spread out on the couch in the living room, watching another epsiode of The Office, with a bag of potato chips on his chest. Obang sat quietly at the bottom of the couch, looking up at Hanbin, in hopes of catching spare crumbs.

Bobby appeared from the bedroom and pouted, "I know, but I thought that you loved me enough to help me look for it." 

God, I do. I love you, Jiwon. I'm crazy for you and I would do anything for you. 

Of course, Hanbin would never say that out loud. Instead he laughed, "You wish." 

Bobby laughed too, "I should've of expected as much. Okay well, since I can't find mine, I'm borrowing one of yours." 

Hanbin didn't reply, nodding mindlessly. His mind couldn't be bothered right now, he was too engrossed in listening to what Pam had to say to Jim. Little did he know, Bobby was looking at Hanbin curiously, tilting his head like a lost puppy, wondering why he was letting him borrow his clothes, when usually Hanbin would never allow Bobby to even touch his stuff. 

Bobby shook his head and smiled, figuring Hanbin finally had a change of heart towards him. "Hey man, I'm gonna head out and grab a donut before class. What are you doing today?" 

Without thinking, Hanbin replied, "Nothing. I don't have class today so I'm just gonna be hanging around the apartment." 

Hearing that Hanbin didn't have plans the whole day, Jiwon was estatic, "Great!! Let's chill together. I'll come home around 3 when class ends, and we can have a movie marathon. I'll even be a good boyfriend and provide snacks." He smile shone as bright as the sun outside. 

Boyfriend? Movie marathon? Just us with snacks? Hanbin gupled. Inside, he was crumbling into pieces at the thought of him and Jiwon cuddling, Obang sighing contently at their feet. He couldn't let Jiwon see his real feelings so he smiled tightly, "Sounds good man, I'll see you in a few hours." 

With that, Bobby came closer and landed a fat, wet kiss on Hanbin's cheek. He immediately flushed cherry red, ears turning bright pink. 

"Bye, honey!" I'm going to kill Kim Jiwon. 

As soon as Bobby shut the door to the apartment, Hanbin sighed heavily. He was honestly so confused about what this was, what they were, and what they were doing. He knew that he was in love with Jiwon, that was 100% certain. He'd accepted his own feelings towards the boy, but what left him lost was Jiwon. Jiwon, who made Hanbin lose his breath effortlessly. Jiwon, who'd bring home Hanbin's favorite snacks and movies (even treats for Obang). Jiwon, who'd cook for him and care for him, as if he was Hanbin's boyfriend. Or maybe even husband? Hanbin giggled, but as soon as he realized his own thought, he pinched himself and yelped. But then there were the things about Jiwon that didn't make him happy, in fact they made him fall into a pit of sadness. Jiwon, whose niceness was not only directed at Hanbin, but everyone else around him. Jiwon was like the sun: everyone was attracted to the him. They were not necessarily attracted to him the way Hanbin was, but there was something so charming about Jiwon that people couldn't help themselves but swoon over the boy. Hell, even Hanbin's little sister, Hanbyul, was obsessed with Bobby as if he was the sun itself. But this was the same Jiwon who would break Hanbin's heart each day without even knowing it. Jiwon, who would get -faced drunk and say things to Hanbin that made him feel in a way he's never felt before. The same Jiwon, who whispered love into his ears and touched him so gently, like he was made of glass, wouldn't remember his own words in the morning, and that stung Hanbin so much.

I wonder what waking up next to Jiwon in the morning would feel like. 

The nights they spent wrapped up in eachother's arms, legs tangling together, were ones Hanbin could never forget. He wished he could spill his feelings onto a canvas, bleeding shades of vibrant blue, red, and purple. All of those unspoken words mixing with the pain in his heart. He wished the moments spent with Bobby would last until morning, but unfortunately for Hanbin, it was just a dream for his made-up love story to turn into reality.

But in his mind, Hanbin could still hold onto those dreams, wishing desparately that one day, he'd wake up alongside Jiwon. He'd wake up with his face buried in Jiwon's chest, taking a deep breath and getting a whiff of the musky scent mixed with dark chocolate that was Jiwon. Hanbin would smile and spend a few moments just staring. Staring at how stunning Jiwon was and how his breath was taken away everytime he stole a glance. In the morning, where Jiwon's beautiful porcelain skin shone under the bleak sunlight that seeped its way though the drawn curtains of Hanbin's bedroom. Jiwon's face, the tiniest bit puffy from sleep and late night ramen with Hanbin, was so serene and calm that Hanbin felt he could stay like this and watch him forever. Of course, this was still just a fantasy made up in Hanbin's head, but hey a man can dream right? 

Hanbin, with his messy blonde hair, looked at the bag of potato chips on his chest, and realized that they were all gone. He looked at the screen of the television and saw lines of credits, The Office had ended. He looked at the floor and saw Obang sprawled at his feet, passed out and snoring slightly. Hanbin sighed. He'd been daydreaming again about Jiwon. This was becoming a constant in his life where'd Hanbin do nothing but think of scenes that could potentially happen between himself and Bobby. He hoped one day his sweet dreams would come true.

One day, I hope I wake up next to Jiwon. I hope that after a night full of love, the love would bleed into sunrise creating shades of violet.

Sweet dreams turn into coffee in the morning.