arguing with her (again)

Her

“It’s seriously been too long Wan!” The tall woman Seulgi had come to know as Joy said with a smile.

“Yeah I haven’t seen you since the wedding! How have you been? How’s your sister?“ Wendy spoke animatedly making Joy chuckle. They were currently sitting at a table for four at a quaint little coffee shop inside the shopping mall they had met at, with Seulgi and Wendy on one side of the table and Irene and Joy on the other.

“Yeri’s still the little devil you remember don’t worry!” Joy said receiving a laugh from her older friend. “I’ve been doing good, got a promotion today. That’s why Irene and I were here. We were going to celebrate by getting smashed. You should totally join us Wan! You can bring Seulgi too! It’ll be fun!” She suggested receiving a nod from Wendy.

“We’d love to! Right honey?” The married woman had said turning to Seulgi. “Seul are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m ok.” Seulgi was far from ok. She had spent the whole time eyeing Irene nervously, her body rigid and jumpy at every little word Irene had said.

“Anyway…” Joy had said somewhat slowly trying to divert the topic. “…I thought you wanted to start up your own bakery, why are you working for your family’s business?”

“Ah Joy, that was just some dumb childhood dream! You used to tell me you wanted to be a superhero when we were kids!” Wendy had said with a small chuckle that did nothing to hide her disappointment to the three other women at the table.

“Childhood dream? You wanted to start up a bakery up till your marriage!” Joy said with a small roll of her eyes. The conversation was getting a bit tense and Seulgi could practically feel Joy’s glare from across the table. She sent a look towards Irene and her blank expression said it all.

“Excuse me for a moment.” The woman’s voice sent shivers down Seulgi’s spine and not how she had wanted it to. Seulgi stared at her as she stood up and made her way to the bathroom, finding an excuse a few moments later to follow her in there.

“You told her?!” Was the first thing she whisper yelled as she entered the restroom, revealing Irene leaning on the wall with the arms crossed and a scowl on her face.

“How was I supposed to know they knew each-other?!” She answered defensively making Seulgi roll her eyes.

“Oh bull! They were childhood friends! How don’t you know at least the name of your ‘best friends’ childhood friend?!” Seulgi said with a scowl on her features.

“Oh like you were trying to keep it a secret! You told Byul! She’s my friend’s wife! Yongsun gave me the cold shoulder for a week because you couldn’t muster up the balls to come to me and get your own damn car back!” Irene said with furrowed brows as she jabbed her pointer finger at Seulgi’s chest.

“What if Joy tells her that I’m cheating on her?! Did you ever think of that?! Is this some sort of revenge?!” Seulgi asked, her voice getting a bit louder, as she raised her hands in the air.

“She won’t tell her anything! She wouldn’t do that to me!” Irene said with a hiss.

“Oh stop acting like you lose anything if we get caught!” Seulgi replied quickly with a roll of her eyebrows.

“I do lose something!” Irene growled out. “I lose you!” The silence after those words was deafening.

“Irene I…”

“Get out before me, I’ll follow you out in a few minutes so Wendy doesn’t get suspicious or something.” Irene’s tone was low, Seulgi knew she had hurt the older woman too much this time. She quietly nodded and exited the bathroom stall heading to the table Wendy and Joy were sitting at, laughing animatedly.

“I really missed you Joy, oh man!” Wendy said receiving a smile from the taller of the two. “Seulgi, what took you so long? Did you fall in or something?” Seulgi,who barely mustered a smile in return, sat down next to her wife and in a few seconds she was once again talking to Joy about their childhood and adolescent years. Seulgi half listened to them, smiling every once in a while when Wendy and Joy talked about how the duo would use fake IDs to buy alcohol only for Wendy to return the booze because of her guilt or how she had gotten the nickname Mother Wenresa from Joy in the middle of some stupid fight the two had about Wendy’s lack of selfishness which had resulted in them laughing and making up afterwards. Irene had joined them afterwards and before long the four were saying their goodbyes to each-other.

“It was nice seeing you again Seulgi.” Joy had said with a smile, surprising the older woman by hugging her. “You should really tell her, for both your sakes.” She had whispered making Seulgi freeze for a moment before returning the hug.

“It was nice seeing you too Joy.” She had mumbled and turned to Irene who simply gave her a small bow which Seulgi returned before speaking. “It was a pleasure meeting you Irene.” All she received was a clipped response from Irene.

“I expect you at that party Wendy! Don’t forget tonight of I’ll seriously be angry!” Joy said with a teasing smirk which made Wendy chuckle slightly before hugging her.

“I won’t, don’t worry about it!” And with that they parted ways to their own respective homes.

 

 

Seulgi was the first to get ready, wearing a simple sweater and black pants while Wendy took a bit longer, much to Seulgi’s surprise. Usually Wendy wouldn’t really care what she wore, something about not caring what other people thought as long as she was comfortable. Her carefree mindset was what had gotten Seulgi’s attention when they had first met each-other. A few moments later Wendy came out of their bedroom wearing a white skirt and light blue sweater.

“How do I look?” She had asked Seulgi who had smiled slightly. She never could deny Wendy’s beauty, romantically or otherwise.

“You look great Wan!” Seulgi had replied making Wendy smile a bit.

“Then let’s go! We don’t want to be late!”