Entertain XI

The Blue Note

 

Plank length: The smallest unit of measurement with any meaning. It is about as small as 10 to the power of -20th the size of a proton, or 1.6 x 10 to the power of -35. (You will need this definition later.)

————————-————————-————————-————————

Nayeon always thought of herself as a normal human being, with normal thoughts and normal emotions.

 

So... is it okay for Nayeon to see herself throwing her best friend into a pit of fiery hell?

 

Okay maybe she wasn’t that normal, however compared to her friends she was definitely at the top of the list of being normal, thank you very much.

 

She was this close to slapping her best friend. The chances of her not hitting the small bean was as minuscule as the plank length, which is almost infinitesimal. Not only was Chaeyoung disturbing her study session, she was making the older girl ask herself questions that she would rather not confirm to. (Mostly because Chaeyoung was annoying the heck out of her and she didn’t want to give her the pleasure of knowing, and also maybe because she didn’t want to admit it herself.)

 

It had been around two weeks since the blonde had joined, those two weeks consisting on the little cub begging and teasing for them both to get together. Those two weeks also consisted in Chaeyoung getting several punches by the teased older, which soon lead to barely visible bruises; Mina, Tzuyu - and the rest who were overly protective of the small bean - now follow her everywhere to protect her from bullies because of that (even though she has none).

 

Surprisingly the tall blonde and the small cub had gotten along almost immediately after seeing each other, cracking jokes that weren’t even funny and laughing at each other’s antics. They had now been known as the “no jam bros” of the group, unsurprisingly, and Nayeon wouldn’t admit it but she was jealous of Chaeyoung’s close friendship with her.

 

Yes, j e a l o u s

 

Chaeyoung never thought she would live a day to see Nayeon get jealous, especially of a girl she had barely met and understood. Oh, and when the little one did, she didn’t spare a moment to let go of the absolutely unforgettable moments.

 

Chaeyoung could always see through the older one, like the was a glass vase reflecting everything on the inside to the outside. Just one side glance that hinted jealousy and the smaller one was immediately squealing on the inside and shipping them together. It’s like a second ago she looked at the two she was jealous of, and the second later the small one had already figured out.

 

Dammit Chaeyoung, stop reading me like a diary.

 

Currently, the small one was seated on top of Nayeon’s study desk, swinging her legs back and forth which was heavily ruined the calm and serene ‘study mood’ of the evening. 

 

“Chaeyoung! I’m trying to study, get off there!” Nayeon scolded.

 

She shook her head, “Not until you stop studying.”

 

“YAH SON CHAEYOUNG, MY HANDS ARE READY TO GIVE YOU ANOTHER BRUISE!” Nayeon lifted up her fists to scare the younger girl even more.

 

Chaeyoung giggled like the small cub she was and looked at the older girl with an amused face. She jumped off the rounded wooden desk, falling onto the rosy red carpet with a soft thud.

 

“Your just about as intimidating as a cupcake Nayeon-ah.”

 

The older girl just grumbled in return. 

 

——————————————————————————————————

 

Another day of school, another day closer to the end of the year. It was currently November, where the weather was freezing cold however not enough to bring the presence of snowfall. Though Nayeon deeply appreciated snow, she was happy to hear that it wouldn’t be snowing anytime soon as she was suffering from a annoying cold.

 

And Nayeon hated colds.

 

Though she didn’t have a proper reason as to why she hated colds, her complaining showed it very well. Dahyun held cellatape on the edges of her fingers in case she needed to shut the older girl’s mouth, which she would do delightfully if Nayeon didn’t look so terrifying.

 

It was now Jeongyeon’s and Dahyun’s turn to safeguard the sick girl, even though Dahyun was jumping to get out of the so called ‘infected with Nayeon’s bunny germs’ room. The oldest of the maknaes, though delightful and playful, was very serious when it came to hygiene and scary stuff. Her tolerance towards those two were minuscule and she tried her best to avoid those dangers whenever she could. Just previously last week, the mischievous Jeongyeon had invited all of them for a movie, specifically picking horror to prank the cowards of the group. Dahyun hadn’t even waited a second for the horror to start before she ran straight out of the cinema hall, leaving her precious popcorn astray.

 

Dahyun abandoning food is almost the equivalent of the world ending, so Jeongyeon was definitely surprised when the food lover had left behind her buttery snack. The older had also received a long scolding from the tofu girl, which made Jeong realize that she will never again attempt another prank like this unless she wants their friendship to be shoved down the toilet.

 

Thankfully, they were on good terms now.

 

Jeongyeon was busy preparing chicken soup in the large kitchen of the sick girl’s house. Dahyun was lying a few feet away from the latter, scared that the disease would pass onto her. 

 

Nayeon groaned. “Seriously, Dahyun, just go, you’re more afraid of me than anything.”

 

The tofu girl shook her head forcefully. “Unnie, it is my duty to protect you for this hour, so I shall do exactly that!” She raised her hand up in a fistlike shape and fell down back into her seat, which was ironically four feet away from the girl she was trying to protect.

 

The older girl just sighed and rolled back to the other side, facing her back towards the younger girl.

 

Silence quickly enveloped them and Nayeon had drifted into the lands of slumber.

 

——————————————————————————————————

 

“Hey Nayeon, get up.” Jeonyeon whispered, shaking the older girl’s shoulder.

 

The latter just shoved her off, falling right back into sleep. This had been the third time Jeongyeon had tried to wake her up, all tries going down the drain.

 

Sighing, the blonde girl called out Dahyun, telling her to do  her trick as she put fluffy earmuffs over her ears. “Come on, just do it.” 

 

Dahyun smirked slyly following the countdown of the older girl, preparing for her fingers to reach one. She raised both the pans that laid in her hands before  smashing them together.

 

Nayeon had shot straight up, glaring at the two mischiefs while hurling all the insults she could comprehend towards them. The other two barely seemed fazed and just laughed, hi-fiving each other.

 

“Man Jeongie, that was amazing!” Dahyun laughed, rolling around the floor, her eyes now filled with happy tears.

 

Nayeon just shook her head, massaging her temples. “The things I do to be with these people.”

 

Jeongyeon and Dahyun ended up apologizing anyways, like they always do for any of the pranks they play. The tofu girl, fortunately for Nayeon, had to leave due to her remembering that she still had a pending essay to finish which she had barely even started on.

 

Nayeon rubbed her eyes to get adjusted to the light once more. “So prankster... what had you actually woken me up for?”

 

“To feed you of course.” Jeongyeon placed the warm soup on the side table.

 

Nayeon hadn’t actually realized how close their faces were until just now. She shoved her face in the other direction, almost making the blonde fall off her chair. A blush ran across her cheek, dusting them with a dark shade of pink as she regained control of herself.

 

Gosh this crush is seriously going too far. I was about to kiss her right then.

 

Jeongyeon balanced herself again. “Woah, you almost shook the table with that head swerve.”

 

Nayeon just ignored the comment, pretending that it never happened, and ate peacefully in the dull silence. The older girl had to admit as much as she hated Jeongyeon for making her feel what she does, this girl is definitely one hell of a good cook. She assumes that this cooking gene must have been inherited from her dad, who is also a chef. 

 

“Oh god, this is absolutely great.” Nayeon moans out, slurping more of the chicken into .

 

Jeongyeon has a smug smile as she proceeds to say, “If only I could be the ones making those sounds come out from your mouth.”

 

This time, Nayeon actually groans - and blushes profusely, but Jeongyeon doesn’t need to know that - turning her back on the younger girl.

 

Jeongyeon just hugs her from behind and shouts out a ‘kidding’, while her mind continues disfunction like it always does with the girl.

 

—————————————————————————————————

 

Days are getting closer by to the infamous day of New Year, and Nayeon’s feeling for the now faded blonde called Jeongyeon just seems to blossom bigger, no matter how much she doesn’t want it to.

 

Why does she even like her in the first place? She’s mischievous and always pulls pranks on others, she makes the worst jokes in the world (even though it does make the older laugh) and she’s just... herself. But why does she need a reason to like her in the first place? She’s never questioned her older crushes, like ever.

 

“You know, you should confess right?” Chaeyoung says while literally every member in the group just shakes their head in agreement.

 

“I’m not ready, I don’t even know if I like her properly.”

 

Again, every member snapped their heads at the oldest, raising their eyebrows at the older in question.

 

“Seriously Nayeon, who are you trying to convince here?” Tzuyu replies, bored out of her mind.

 

The older girl just sighs again.

 

What if she doesn’t even like me? There’s such a big possibility of that, it’s not like we even have flirted to each other, we barely even had more than like what, five seconds of physical contact at once, and she never even looked at me with that intensity I always give he-

 

“Ugh, Nayeon, just... can you just confess instead of questioning whether she likes you back?” Sana says, clearly exasperated with the bunny’s behavior.

 

Tell me that when you tell Mina or Momo how much your in love with them.

 

Nayeon shoots her the ‘really?’ look because, when has Sana ever had the confidence to confess to either one of her crushes? Exactly never, if Sana wasn’t so blind they would be together by now. (And also if Mina and Momo weren’t so blind, but Momo is let off because she’s naturally oblivious to her surroundings.)

 

“Come on! Just give it a try, I’ll confess and you’ll confess and we’ll both confess happily!” Sana whisper shouted, jumping up happily.

 

Aish, this girl.

 

“Really? You won’t bail on me this time or lose your confidence, which may I remind you, you have done several times now?” She whispered back.

 

Sana shakes her head, a bit too forcefully, but it showed that she accepted nevertheless. They both shake hands, and as soon as the promise is settled, Nayeon starts to think of all the possible disasters and regrets her decision.

 

But she’s took it now, and there’s no way back.

 

Great going Nayeon.

 

———————————————————————————————————

 

Sorry it took so long, I had exams but I’m not sure if that’s even a plausible excuse since the exams took place in a span of only one week.

 

I’m sorry again.

 

... PersonalPages