Memory X

The Blue Note

Why do you seem so familiar?

The girl smiled, her bright smile taking Nayeon’s vision as it reflected the light, almost as symbolism for how much a bundle of joy the person infront of her could be. The bright girl hugged her, those hands soothing her in an instant.

That time, when we first met...

She remembers them clearly, yet the vision still remains blurry and faded. The way the rain stabbed their backs, the way the stranger stared right through her soul. She remembers everything, yet at the same time it seemed to be slipping between her grasp. The voice, her face, it all seemed familiar yet no trace was behind it.

How did you know my name?

That voice. She had heard it somewhere, but where exactly? This puzzle Nayeon had always tried to put together was like a distant dream, harder to piece as time flew against her.

All of a sudden, a small recognizable girl had appeared right in front of her. She was completely fine, but what she was holding in the palm of her left hand was definetly not. The knife was raised, near the wrist of her other hand.

All Nayeon could do was watch in absolute horror.

“Stop it! Chaeyoung don’t!” Nayeon screamed harshly, smashing against an invisible barrier as she tried to reach out to her first best friend. She smashed on it till her hands bled, bruised and withered from the impacts.

“I’m sorry Nayeon. I’m doing this for you.”

With that, the knife went straight through the younger girl’s skin, piercing the very nerve that held human bodies together. Her blood oozed our slowly, as the girl fell back, her last breath taken in.

“CHAEYOUNG!” Nayeon screamed, immediately all her friends were by her sides, either hugging, consoling or wondering what the girl had just dreamt about.

The oldest girl was dripping with sweat, her whole body shivering due to it. The royal blue blanket wrapped around her tightly as her Japanese, clumsy friend hugged her as tight as possible.

Thank god that was just a dream.

Her whole mind was clouded with fear, even though the nightmare had ended. Her friends were all around her, from each and every side, almost as if they were protecting her from herself.

But... what was that?

She looked back at the first girl she met out of the seven, the same short haired girl that owned heart melting almond eyes and kindness to make criminals go insane. The same girl stared back at her, worry filling her eyes as she held tightly onto the latter’s hand, never letting go like she was afraid the fragile girl would break.

“Nayeon, why did you shout my name?” She spoke softly to Nayeon.

The girl who just faced a nightmare looked back at her first friend, shaking her head sideways as to say it was nothing.

“It was just a nightmare, I’m alright.” She reassured her friends, shooing them away to get ready for school.

She opened her old wardrobe, littered with pictures of her past, the life she wish she still had.

Not this again. Stop thinking about it.

Her uniform was hidden in the corner, squished by the reminiscing clothes and dresses she only once wore. She took it out carefully as other clothes would fall if she didn’t. She placed them onto her bed, smoothing them out and then removing her pajamas, to be replaced by the school uniform she had wore for weeks now.

They all plopped down onto the fine leather of Nayeon’s rich Mercedes, some gasping at its soft material, others sinking into it as pure bliss took over their bodies. Nayeon however rolled her eyes at her friends, it was just a car with fine leather. Nothing more, nothing less.

Then again, I’ve been sitting in this car for years.

Her thoughts stopped, wondering how life would’ve been if her grandfather hadn’t died. It’s not like she could stop the thoughts, they would never go away, just floating uninterrupted around her mind.

Around twenty minutes had passed, twenty five and eight seconds according to Nayeon’s expensive glittering watch, when the car came to a halt. She immediately clicked a button, making all the doors simultaneously open, with an unneeded side effect of the girls squealing of excitement. Tzuyu remained silent and unfazed, another friend in their little family who was as booming with money as she was. Even though the Japanese line where also extravagantly rich, they seemed to be excited by anything which costed tons of bucks, even though they had probably experienced it before.

Her first friend Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Jihyo seemed to be the only lacking few in their school who came from poorer families and worked their heads off to enter such a prestigious academy. That doesn’t mean the rest didn’t either, but the ones from affluent families didn’t work as much as them, some not even caring, money with them all along, silver spoons shoved into their mouths.

They all got of giddily, even though nothing much was happening. The sky remained to have its blue glow, almost like the scene of a romantic film where the two love interests meet after having a fight where the atmosphere would be dripping with awkwardness and maybe a twinge of angriness, the weather beautifully portraying the pathetic fallacy with the blue darkness.

But whatever it was, Nayeon seemed to like the dark blue glow, the way the clouds blocked the sun yet let the few remaining rays shine and hit the ground, the clashing hues creating a unique color. It always mesmerized her, how things so different managed to compliment each other.

Just like us.

The university bell rung loudly, breaking almost everyone’s ears who were a ten meter radius from it, even worse for those inside it.

Poor teachers.

Nayeon had always felt bad for the teachers, both empathetically and sympathetically. The snobbish rich kids that could never stop their mouths running for one second and the others who were clearly sleeping, those would definitely define the epitome of what teachers despise in this school (Yet in the end all they can do is stare disappointedly, as if they complained, oh gosh the trouble they would be in).

Nayeon had already reached her class. In fact, every single one of her friends seemed to be waiting next to her, looking at the teacher expectantly, as if secretly begging her to cancel this.

Like the teachers have any control.

Physical Education, a class all seemed to despise, sometimes even the ones who were sporty themselves. Why? Well, because it wasn’t exactly ‘physical education’ more like a way the school could torcher their students with the country agreeing. After all, physique was quite important to the Korean government, even if half of the population disagreed, literally not a thing would change.

Quite clearly, everyone seemed upset. Even the teacher looked as if she wanted to run away but that would get her fired, so she just stood in the front, feet planted deep into the ground. Her loud booming voice seemed to catch everyone’s attention in a matter of seconds, as she reached out her hand to guide a student to the center.

Wait...

The teacher was seen encouraging the new shy student to tell the basics about herself, patting her back as a way to push her forward into the empty space. Everyone stared unknowingly at the stranger introduced right to them, the school rarely getting exchange students or such.

She shyly opened , the words almost not able to leave . “I-I’m Jeongyeon, a transferee from Indonesia,” She looked back at the teacher nervously “and I hope you accept me.”

She had faded blonde hair which glowed, complementing her fair skin. Her height tall, almost around Tzuyu’s, and her boyish haircut intriguing the bunny-toothed girl even more. Oh god, with such looks of a model, she’ll definitely attract every girl and be accepted in no time.

Nayeon felt a soft nudge against her rib. “Hey, isn’t that your ideal type right there? She’s tall, kind of handso-”. Unfortunately, Chaengie barely even got to finish her sentence before Nayeon pulled her ear painfully.

“Ow! Ow! I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” She apologized profusely, begging for the older girl to get rid of the pain. “But honestly she does.”

“YAH SON CHAEYOUNG!”

Chaeyoung just ran away immediately.

“Aish, that girl.” Nayeon huffed annoyed with the shorter girl, and too tired to run after her.

While Nayeon was contemplating of ways to punish the shorter girl, Jihyo had already made her way to greet the newcomer, along with a few others. The foreign line had joined after a few minutes, then leading to all of them huddling over the poor new girl who just wanted some space to breathe properly.

“Why don’t y’all work with the newcomer since your already here?” The teacher asked, clearly not allowing to take no for an answer.

“Of course, we would love too.” Jihyo took Jeongyeon’s wrist, dragging her towards the field.

Well... This is going to be interesting.

————————————————————————————————————

Nayeon laid down, against the plump mattress of her king sized bed. She always had wondered why her parents spend so much money on the most useless things, wasting every bill as another one replaced its place. It was almost as if they were playing monopoly, stealing money from the bank every now and then, the vicious cycle repeating itself with no end.

She puffed out her cheeks, rolling around sadly, her mind clear of any thoughts. Why exactly was she sad when she wasn’t even thinking? Even Nayeon did not have the answer. She did know that she felt extremely lonely, especially after their session yesterday. To say her friends were shocked about the horror and suffering she had gone through was a complete understatement, they were devastated.

“I can’t believe you went through all of that.” Sana whimpered, sobs filling as she hugged me.

“I can’t either.”

She shook her head again.

Nayeon stop it. It’s in the past now.

It is, but the past never seems to stop haunting her, burrowed in the open cages of her mind, freely floating with no chains to hold them down.

Maybe I should just do my homework.

Maybe she should, but she definitely did not want to. She rolled over once again, bored out of her mind. Her mind was blank, with a few useless thoughts popping up in short flashes, however nothing interesting enough.

Should I...?

Only a few seconds passed, accompanied by her quiet breathing, till she gave into the itching feeling that tingled throughout her mind. Her hands reached for the small note once again in weeks, her body in heightened senses even though all she was holding was a puny piece of paper.

Not everything has to be understood to be loved.

Sighs. Longing sighs to finally understand why she had stumbled across this simple piece of paper, this Blue Note that had spun her whole mind with questions. There was an address scribbled underneath the quote like sentence that she had only decided to follow years after she had actually found the note itself, a few eventful months ago.

#3rd street, M.C Bookstore

It was clear that this message was directed to her, but who had known her exact location at that time to place it there? Why did it even reach her in the first place? But that’s all they were, questions that would never be answered.

Nayeon wanted to stop thinking, stop thinking about the useless questions lingering around in her mind. Unfortunately, she already knew the answer was no, when could she ever stop thinking about this?

Really, when could she?

=========================================================

Oh my god. I’m so sorry it took me so long to upload!

The worst part is that I don’t even have an excuse, I just wasn’t focused or didn’t want to write at all.

I’m sorry once again.

This is random but I love knock knock’s instrumental.

By the way, this is also random, but I do not know how Monopoly fully works (regarding one of the lines in this chapter) so yeah, if that’s wrong tell me. I mean it sounded cool to me, that’s why I put it in there.

...PersonalPages