Truffles & Apartments

Blood & Beignets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok spent the rest of his weekend conducting research upon the company BigHit and its idols, so through his hard work, Monday arrived. That day, Hoseok was greeted with the unusual sight of Jungkook with Taehyung in the morning. "Morning, hyung!" was what the youngest had greeted him with.

Behind him, Taehyung just rolled his eyes upon noticing Hoseok.

"Morning, Jungkookie. Wait, isn't your dance competition today?"

"No kidding! I'm SO nervous! But I hope that nervousness goes away with Tae-Tae by my side."

Hoseok blinked. Tae-Tae? "I do wish I could come see you, but I'm stuck here working."

"Everyone's working, actually. Yoongi-hyung and Jin-hyung are working, obviously, but Namjoon also had something come up and had to cancel on me. Luckily, Tae-Tae had called me and offered to come with me for moral support."

"I still would've come with you no matter what. I'm so excited to see you dance! I've never seen you dance before!" the second assassin lit up; Hoseok was intrigued. He was witnessing such genuine reactions coming from his colleague after a long time, and every single time he was like that, he was always with Jungkook. Somehow, your plan also benefits yourself, you damn feline.

"So will it be something small for this morning, then?"

"You bet, hyung." He turned to the cashier. "Can I just get a bottle of water to go, please?"

"And I'll get a small coffee for to go!"

As Hoseok watched the cashier take their money and the baristas whip up Taehyung's fresh drink, he couldn't help but feel that they've gotten extremely close under a short period of time. "Bye, hyung!"

"Bye, Jungkookie! All the best! Send me pictures!"

As they went out the door,

Taehyung flashed a peace sign complemented with a vulpine, boxy grin.

Hoseok just scoffed.

So young,  and yet so blind.

Hoseok had found a break from his monotonous waitering on Wednesday--the day when Yoongi didn't come into work. "Jin-hyung, what happened to Yoongi?" was his first question upon his arrival, for he had immediately noticed the absence of the blonde-haired baker.

"He came down with an illness just the day before. The doctor said something about overexertion and that he should rest for the entire week."

"Overexertion? Like, working too hard?"

"Exactly. That's Min Yoongi in a nutshell. He's passionate, but he's willing to go to extreme lengths to fulfill his passions. It's both a curse and a blessing when you look at it, don't you think?"

"I guess so, Jin-hyung. So he's basically at home sleeping?"

"Yep, that's the idea. It's funny ho--oh, wait, I'm getting a call from him. Speak of the devil." Jin raised the phone to his left ear. "You sound like someone injected too much Botox into your nose!" was the first thing that Jin screeched, causing Hoseok to crack up upon imagining the sight. "Aw, don't be like that. You're just sick. You all right? Huh? Stomach problems? Like indigestion? Oh, from stress. YAH! THIS IS WHY I TOLD YOU TO STOP STAYING UP LATE DOING INVENTORY! THIS IS WHY WE TAKE TURNS, DAMN IT!!" Jin held out the phone with a pouting face. "I'm too angry at Yoongi to even talk to him, getting himself all sick like that. Want to say 'hi'?"

"I don't know...it feels nice, you know? I won't have to get beaten up with a rolling pin today."

"HAH! You poor thing--oh, I can hear Yoongi just squawking away. Let's put him on speaker, shall we?"

"Sure."

Jin lowered the phone and pressed his screen. "Yah," Hoseok heard Yoongi's nasal voice, and had to stifle his laughter just from the sheer sound of it. "you brat. Because of that, you have to come to my apartment."

"Seriously? But there's no one here in the early morning, and it's not so busy!"

"No, you're heading there for sure! Someone needs to take care of him, and I can't at the moment."

"Lucky for me, then." Yoongi muttered over the phone.

"YAH! Ugh, nevertheless, Hoseok, you're going."

"Good. You can do work for me, Hoseok-ah. Bring me three Tomorrow Truffles. I'm hungry, and I'm too lazy to cook."

"Where am I supposed to bring it to?"

"Hoseok-ah, we literally just held a party for you on the same hallway not so long ago. If you don't arrive in five minutes, I'm forcing you to cook my breakfast."

"All right, all right!" Hoseok hurriedly said, and went to the storefront to ask for three Tomorrow Truffles for Yoongi. 

By the time he was in front of Yoongi's apartment, this time, he double-checked his surroundings to make sure that no one was coming up. From what he heard from Jin, Namjoon would be out of his apartment for a business trip to another sector of the city. Therefore, he had the perfect scenario to break into Yoongi's apartment.

If only Yoongi was working, that is.

Before he could even ring the doorbell, the door swung right open to reveal an extremely messy Min Yoongi, his ruffled blonde hair even more ruffled, but instead of his baker attire, he was wearing a pair of sweats and a white t-shirt, all while drenched with a heavy layer of sweat. Hoseok would've thought he just finished exercising or ing someone if he didn't know that the older was sick. "Yo," Yoongi greeted weakly as Hoseok met eye contact with him, noticing the dark circles underneath his eyes.

"No offense, but you look like ultimate ."

"I know. That's why you're here. Where are my truffl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter