Bunnies & Festivals

Blood & Beignets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday after Hoseok's little break-in.

Even though he wanted to go back into Yoongi's apartment, numerous questions and theories were holding him back. Ever since then, he's been combing through his notes, writing all of them out on a blackboard with clear ink so that his notes would only be visible underneath black light. 

"What do you make of these?" asked Si-Hyuk when Hoseok had come to meet him.

"I think that the numbers are related to some sort of code." was his swift response. "Since four boxes had been drawn adjacent to one another, I suspect that the code might indicate a particular date."

"But what date?"

"I plan on asking eventually."

"Hyung?" The red-head had entered the kitchen during his break.

"Yes, Hoseok?" replied Yoongi from the kitchen, who was busy overseeing a baker creating a particular fondant. 

"When exactly did you meet...you know, that blonde kid from your past?"

The blonde-haired baker smiled out of gratitude for Hoseok since he had omitted his name in public conversation. "I believe it was around...hmm, I don't know, 2011, if I remember correctly. It was during my final year, so yes, it was 2011 when I had first met him."

Without pen and paper, Hoseok mentally noted the year in his brain. "Seven years ago, huh? Man, you're old, hyung."

"YAH."

"But then again, I'm a year younger than you, so I guess that makes us both old grandpas, right?"

A moment of silence for Yoongi to realize how smoothly Hoseok had saved himself from his wrath. "Exactly. Ah, Hoseok, there's something I should say." He stepped to the side where Hoseok was and regarded him with a gaze the red-head wasn't able to recognize for once.

"Well, say it then! I'm all ears." The grin that Hoseok had placed upon his face gave Yoongi the courage to continue what he was saying.

"First of all, there's really no other way to say it, but..." A deep breath. "...thank you."

Two blinks. "For what?" Hoseok was confused.

"Thank you for taking care of me last Wednesday, you know, bringing me those truffles and all, but more importantly, thank you for listening to some ty story of my past."

The waiter merely scoffed. "ty? Please. If anything, that's the most interesting encounter I've ever heard about! Judging from what I've heard, you and him may not be on good circumstances now, but that doesn't change anything good that had happened, right? In any case, you're welcome!"

"But there's a second thing."

"What is it?"

"I'm sorry."

"Okay, now I'm confused. Hyung, you didn't do anything wrong. What's with this all of a sudden?"

"If I ever offend you because of my personality, I'm saying sorry now."

Shaking off the weird feeling that he got from hearing that, he merely shook his head and shrugged. 

"You don't have to apologize for anything, Yoongi," Hoseok simply hummed, knowing very well that he was never going to be forgiven if the older had found out what the red-head was actually doing.

But assassins should never care for much now, should they?

 

 

runch randa

Hoseokkie!

I got something I need your help with.

Mind meeting up later, around 6 pm?

 

Hoseok

Yeah why not.

Where should we meet??

 

 

Somehow, that was how he came face to face with his own colleague in a local festival that just happened to occur that night. "Why are you here?" Taehyung scoffed upon seeing the red-head approach him.

"Namjoon told me to meet him here. What about you?"

"Same, but with Jin--oh, I'm getting something from him now."

As the blonde took out his phone, Hoseok asked, "Hey, how long have you been here anyway?"

"Thirty minutes."

"The ?! Why have you been here this entire time?"

"Jin said it was important, and trust is something we have to establish in these types of assignments, needless to say."

"I bet you'd wait eons for Jungkook."

"Shut up."

"Like hell I'll--"

"No, seriously, shut up." He lifted his phone to the red-head's vision. "Read this."

 

 

bread genie

Sorry!! I don't think I can make it!

From what I heard from Namjoonie, he won't be able to come either.

He got held up by work.

Isn't Hoseok there? You two should hang out!

Today's the last day of the festival!!

Have fun~

 

 

"Did he--"

"--he did."

"Whose idea was this, anyway?"

"As if we'd make a good couple, anyway." After pocketing his phone, Taehyung heavily sighed. "I don't know about you, but I'm out of here."

"Same."

However, just as they were walking out of the festival together, their eyes caught sight of a particular attraction that made their assassin senses tingle with an excitement they haven't felt in ages. On the gate of this attraction, a sign read: MILLIONS HAVE TRIED, BUT NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS SUCCEEDED. CAN YOU KNOCK ALL SEVEN TARGETS DOWN?

"Millions have tried? What a bunch of bull."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter