Stigmas & Enigmas (2/3)

Blood & Beignets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you hurry up already? It's bad enough that I had to wait for you."

A disgruntled Hoseok glared at a cocky-looking Taehyung as he saw the blonde striding toward him from Si-Hyuk's office. After the meeting with their boss, the red-head had to exit the office so Taehyung could be given his briefing on what he should be searching on the main file floor. Files that were sought for on that floor were kept confidential to every assassin/operative except the boss and the seeker itself.

Yet in this case, just before Hoseok left the office, Si-Hyuk had told him the following: "You'll learn about what we're looking for once we recover the files again."

"Aw~" Taehyung cooed as he neared Hoseok, who was leaning against the elevator panel. "Were you waiting for me? Sorry I took so long--"

"--oh, just shut up and get into the damn elevator." the red-head irritably demanded as the elevator doors slid open. As they settled into the lift, he caught the doors just before they closed. "What are you doing? Scan your fingerprint!"

"I'll wait until you arrive on your floor, Spider." Taehyung shrugged as he made his remarks. "The elevator won't let me go down unless I'm the only one in the lift. So I'll wait until you haul yourself out of here. By the way, how are you going to obtain a DNA sample from Min Yoongi?"

Hoseok pondered. After his resolute declaration saying that he'll continue with this undercover mission, he was given an assignment to obtain a DNA sample from Yoongi. Doing so will allow the organization's scientists to compare DNA samples between him and the author of Si-Hyuk's mysterious letter, and they would be able to see whether Yoongi wrote that letter.

Can he really be the author? the assassin thought to himself. He reminisced to what Si-Hyuk had said about said author:

 

"...murdered six out of our seven men upon our first encounter..."

"...man was barely breathing..."

"...exponential damage..."

 

And then he visualized the target: Min Yoongi.

His ruffled blonde hair.

His thin figure.

His pale complexion.

His gummy smile.

His eyes that turn into thin, crescent slits when he grins.

Hoseok scoffed. The mere idea was laughable. Besides, he smirked mentally.

 

I've done far more 'collateral damage'.

 

"What the hell are you thinking about?"

Those words snapped Hoseok out of his trance; he blinked himself back to reality as he straightened himself out. "What?" he replied curtly.

"Your face is just about as red as your hair."

That was when he noticed the gathering warmth upon his cheeks. "Wha--"

"And you've been smiling to yourself like a psychopath for the past couple of seconds."

Actually, Hoseok had a perfectly good reason for acting this way. "I know what I'll be doing. I think I plan on collecting either a hair strand or a saliva sample." Hoseok stated. "I'm having a good 'relationship' with Yoongi, after all. He trusts me enough for me to get close to him."

"How close? Unless you're his best friend or something--"

He was interrupted with laughter coming from the red-head. "Cat, he literally just poured out his heart to me just recently. If it wasn't for my acting skills, we wouldn't have discovered his connection with Park Jimin."

"Which is pointless, but sure--"

"We can't doubt anything. Any connection can be valuable."

"Ugh. Fair enough. He's obsessed with the kid, anyway." At that moment, Taehyung regarded the already-opened letter addressed to the idol. "We still have his letter. Do you want to read it? I have other forms of paper to look at than some mere love letter."

Hoseok widened his eyes. "Wait, is it a love letter?" 

"That's my theory. I didn't read it because I was focused more on Boss's letter. If you want to read it, have at it." He held out the letter as if it was nothing more than a piece of used tissue, but Hoseok took it into his slender fingers, pocketing the letter into his acorn pouch attached to his waistline.

"Might as well look at it. Maybe this letter can prove that Yoongi's not the author." 

"You don't think he's the author?"

"Have you seen the guy?"

"We can't judge appearances, Spider."

"Whatever." The elevator dinged--they had already arrived at the ground floor. "All right, now you really should scan your fingerprint now." he imperatively asked of his colleague.

"I know, Mom." Both men exited the elevator, but Taehyung kept himself glued to its doorframe, pressing his finger upon the designated black square above the elevator panel; when the down button flashed green, the entire interior of the elevator flashed green as well. "Whoa..." Taehyung breathed at the welcoming sight of the illuminating lift, and it was at that moment when its voice had decided to say something other than the floor number:

 

"ASSASSIN: CAT. PLEASE STEP INTO THE ELEVATOR TO C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter