Baby Bear Form

Help, My Girlfriend's a Bear

A/N: Hi readers, thank you all for being interested in this fic. I’m glad that so far it’s been well received. Here’s chapter 2, and more things will make sense.


 

Seulgi paces back and forth around her unconscious girlfriend. Where the hell is Joy? Seulgi had texted her yesterday ahead of time, because she knew this would happen.

 

“Joy, where the hell are you?”

 

Seulgi again tries to nudge Joohyun awake. There is no response, so Seulgi her face. That does the trick and Joohyun wakes up to see the bear staring at her.

 

“Ah!” The raven screams again. “Get away from me.” She tries again to push Seulgi away from her, only realizes she feels something wet on her face. Did the bear just her face? It freaks her out and she proceeds to fall out again.

 

“…” Seulgi thinks. She needs to leave Joohyun alone. There is no way she will be able to get her not to be scared right now. Seriously, where the hell is Joy? She has to be on her way. Seulgi specifically told her to come right away if she didn’t hear from her at all by morning. It’s morning now and she needs Joy’s help.

 

There are currently footsteps approaching the house. The sound of high heeled boots clacking against the pavement also announces the arrival. A tall red haired woman dressed in a dark blouse, and denim jeans proceeds to knock on the door. There is no response. She knocks on the door again this time much louder. She is starting to get frustrated.

 

“, Seulgi...open the door.” Immediately Joy realizes why no one is coming to the door.

 

“Oh, that’s right. She’s transformed.”

 

The redhead teleports herself inside the house instead. There is no way that Seulgi can come to the door, in her current state. 

 

“Seulgi, are you here?” She calls out. The bear cub looks up when she hears Joy. Well, it’s about time. She makes a run for the taller woman.

 

“Oh, there you are. Wow, you’re so small. Why are you in your baby form, hm?” Joy picks her up and Seulgi huffs in annoyance. Joy is always there to tease and annoy the absolute hell out of her. It could be no other way. Then Joy notices Joohyun laid out on the floor.

 

“Oh, . Did you kill Joohyun?” The redhead shouts in alarm. “Do you want me to call, Yeri. She’ll take care of the body.”

 

Seulgi lets out a low whine and proceeds to try and headbut Joy who laughs at her.

 

“Oh, calm down. No one is going to hurt your girlfriend, Seulgi. We should probably go talk in private.”

 

Seulgi groans and growls in a low tone.

 

“Ok, okay. I’ll put a bit of a sleeping spell on her, so she doesn’t wake up.” Joy is about to wave her hand over Joohyun, so she can put her into a semi deep sleep. Seulgi growls again.

 

“Oh my god, fine! I’ll move her to the couch first.” Joy rolls her eyes and levitates Joohyun’s unconscious form to one of the nearby couches. Joy walks off towards one of the guest rooms with Seulgi in her arms. The bear cub growls again in conversation.

 

“What, where’s my broom?” Joy shouts in offense. Seulgi always makes the broom joke, no matter what form she is in.

 

“You know, just because I’m a witch. It doesn’t mean I automatically have a broom.”

 

Seulgi looks up at her as if almost raising eyebrows, if she currently had any at that moment. The redhead laughs in amusement and pats her head.

 

“Okay, fine. My broom is being repaired at the shop, are you happy?”

 

Seulgi nods. She always likes to mess with Joy and the fact that she is a witch. Just as she always messes with her right back.

 

“Now tell, Auntie Joy everything.” She places Seulgi down on the bed and sits nearby. To anyone else it would look like a girl listening to a bear cub pace back and forth. For Joy and Seulgi it’s a witch talking to her shape shifter friend. Joy listens while Seulgi explains how she transformed earlier than expected. She didn’t have time to arrange her usual “business trip” or “family gathering” excuse to get out in time before Joohyun could find out, or see her transform. They have been together for years, and Joohyun had never once seen her shift until now.

 

“Ah.” The witch nods. “That doesn’t explain why you’re in adorable baby form. You should be all massive and fierce. Well, I guess that would have been worse for your girlfriend. She’s really scared of you right now, huh?” Joy knows how scared Joohyun is of any and all animals. This woman freaks out over the cute adorable ones. There is no way she isn’t scared of Seulgi now, despite how she’s in a more cute form. Seulgi ends up crying out in a pained whine, as Joohyun really is scared of her. Joy immediately hugs her.

 

“Aw don’t cry, Seul. I’m sure we’ll figure it all out.”

 

Seulgi nods in gratitude and leans into her friend. Sure Joy may live to , but at the end of the day Joy is a great friend. She is always there when Seulgi needs her most. The shapeshifter can remember how she saved her once from almost being killed.

 

(Flashback)

 

Seulgi was running away in her wolf form. It was too early for her transformation, and she was currently stuck as a wolf, instead of something less noticeable. She had been aiming for a regular dog, but she is still new at perfecting her skill. The man with the gun is getting closer too, but suddenly he falls down to ground almost as in a petrified state. Seulgi looks curiously at the still body. He doesn’t look or smell dead to her, but then she sees a red haired girl in a dark robe.

 

“A witch?” Seulgi thinks and snarls. She has to at least look as fierce as her appearance. The redhead laughs in amusement, not in the least bit scared of her.

 

“Calm down, little one. I’m not going to hurt you. I love animals, although you aren’t exactly all animal, are you?”

 

Seulgi settles down. Of course, as a witch, and fellow supernatural being she would already be able to tell. The girl doesn’t appear that she will hurt her either, and that’s a good thing.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

Seulgi growls out her name to her. The fact that she is understood does surprise her a bit. She has never met a real life witch in person, but has heard about their abilities.

 

“Seulgi, hm.Well I’m, Joy. Come with me, I’ll get you to somewhere safe until you turn back human.”

 

Seulgi hesitates for a moment. Sure, the witch or Joy as she introduced herself seems okay. How can she just walk away with her? She might end up using her in an experiment, or feeding her to a pet or some other worse fate. Joy turns back with a bored expression on her face.

 

“Hey, I’m not going to force you to come with me, Seulgi. You’re more than welcome to fend for yourself out here, but you’re not exactly an adorable doggy now. I won’t be here to stop you from being killed a second time.”

 

Seulgi sees she doesn’t have much choice. She doesn’t want to be hunted all night either or have to hurt any regular humans. She walks after, Joy who leads the way further down the road.

 

“You look pretty young, how old are you?” The witch questions.

 

“16.”

 

“Aww, you’re a baby.” Joy chuckles in amusement. “Don’t worry, you’ll be safe with me. I’ve only known one other shapeshifter before now, and I’m always up for meeting new friends.”

 

Joy’s tone sounds sincere, and it actually helps to ease some of Seulgi’s nerves. Perhaps, being friends with Joy won’t be a bad thing at all.

 

(End)

 

Joy is busy patting her head in an effort to calm her friend down. She can only imagine how difficult this is for, Seulgi right now. She’s worked hard to make sure, Joohyun never witnessed any sort of transformation, and now it’s all blown up in smoke so to speak. However, Joy has seen how much they love one another. Hopefully Joohyun will learn to accept her girlfriend is also a shapeshifter. That doesn’t make her any less Seulgi, and she is still the same inside no matter how much she can physically change.

 

“You’re all cute and cuddly, Seul. There isn’t even anything for her to be scared of.”

 

Before Seulgi can respond. There is a tapping sound from the nearby windows. Joy looks up first to see a small bat on the windowsill.

 

“Yerimie!” She smiles, excited. The bat its head to the side, and looks like it’s annoyed by Joy.

 

“Seul, it’s Yerimie. We have to let her in.”

 

The bear cub nods and Joy opens the window for Yeri. The small bat flies in right away and soon a dirty-blonde haired girl is standing in its place. She’s dressed in a red shirt, and skinny destruction jeans. She takes one look at Seulgi, and has to not laugh.

 

“Oh, why so small, Seulgi?” The blonde vampire teases with fangs shown in the process. Yeri is a vampire she met through Joy. She may look like a 20-year-old girl, but she is actually closer to 250. Seulgi huffs in annoyance again. Why did she make friends with a witch and vampire? She doesn’t have any idea.

 

“We don’t know yet, Yerimie. But we’ll find out. Oh, you should come see how passed out Joohyun is. Seulgi scared the absolute hell out of her earlier.”

 

The blonde looks interested by that news and follows Joy out into the living room. Seulgi hurries after her friends. She can’t let anything potentially happen to Joohyun. Yeri soon stands over the raven with fangs barred.

 

“Is she dead?”

 

“What, no!” Joy shouts.

 

“She smells so good. Can I bite her, just a little?”

 

Seulgi rams into Yeri, hard. She has never once let Yeri try to bite Joohyun, even though the vampire has indeed tried on several occasions. Joohyun had always thought they were just friends play fighting during those times. It was actually much more complicated than that. They weren’t playing in the least, and Seulgi was trying to protect her from becoming, Yeri’s next meal. The one thing Seulgi can agree with is that Joohyun smells good, but that’s no one’s business but hers.

 

“Okay, alright. I won’t bite her, sorry. Well, now what are you going to do when you release your spell, Joy?”

 

“Well, I’m thinking. Seul should stay hidden for a little while, and we’ll talk to her. She should be prepared for what’s going on.”

 

“Alright.” Yeri nods in agreement. “I really do want to taste her blood, though.”

 

Seulgi growls and nips at the vampire’s leg. It has no effect on Yeri whatsoever. The blonde laughs out loud if Seulgi were in one of her more powerful forms. Then sure she would have felt something, but she’s a baby bear. There is nothing she can really do to her at the moment.

 

“Ow, that hurt so badly.” Yeri says sarcastically. “What are you really going to do? You’re so small now.”

 

Seulgi doesn’t care. She won’t let that stop her. She tries to pounce on Yeri then, but Joy intervenes. The last thing that needs to happen is these two getting into it. The witch tells Seulgi to wait down the hall until they call her. She nods to Yeri once just before releasing her spell, and they both sit down on the couch across from where Joohyun was asleep. Moments later, the raven wakes up to see Yeri and Joy. She certainly doesn’t remember either of them being here.

 

“Joy, Yeri?”

 

“Yeah, that’s us. Hi, Joohyun.” Joy speaks first.

 

“How do you feel?” Yeri asks.

 

“I’m fine, but what’s going on? When did you two get here?”

 

Also, where the hell is, Seulgi? What is going on here? What happened to the bear in their house, unless she dreamed that part up. It surely feels as if that was a dream.

 

“Joohyun, we should really talk.” The redhead begins.

 

“Yeah, so you just be quiet, and listen to us.” Yeri lets her know. The raven frowns in displeasure at Yeri. She is often quite rude to her, and Joohyun never appreciates that. She is older than the girl, and Yeri should show her the proper respect.

 

“You know, Yeri. I am your unnie, and you need to act like it.”

 

The blonde vampire rolls her eyes. Joohyun is certainly no unnie to her, as she is freaking 250 years old. Joy is looking at her with a look that says “Just do it”. They are both technically older than Joohyun, but she is a human being who doesn’t quite yet know the truth.

 

“Fine, Joohyun-unnie.” Yeri says with a slight edge to her voice.

 

“You know, you should really get out into the sun more.” Joohyun tells her. “You’re so pale.”

 

Oh, that is it! Yeri is seconds away from jumping forth and biting Joohyun. Joy smacks her in the thigh hard, sending a jolt of electricity through her.

 

“This is my natural complexion!” The blonde screams at her. Joohyun looks alarmed at the outburst. What the hell nonsense is Yeri talking about? Kids these days are so rude.

 

“Shut up, Yerimie. Now is not the time for your to lose your mind, anyway.” Joy takes a deep breath. “We need to talk to you, Joohyun.”

 

“Okay, but where is, Seulgi?”

 

“Oh, good. Since you’ve mentioned it already, would you like to see her now? Or wait until we finish explaining.”

 

“If I were you. I would let her explain first.” Yeri lets her know. Joohyun just raises her eyebrow to the younger women. They are usually quite weird, but now they are acting even stranger for them. She wants to know where the hell her girlfriend is, of course.

 

“Well, where the hell is she?”

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to hear the full story?” The redhead asks again.

 

“I’m sure she can tell me herself.”

 

“No one ever picks the smart option.” Yeri whispers to Joy, who does nod in agreement. Yeri shouts for Seulgi to bring herself out here already. Seulgi does slowly make her way towards the living room. Joohyun takes one look at the bear from earlier, and tries her hardest not to scream. That wasn’t a dream? Seulgi really was that bear.

 

“You...you….you’re really that bear!”

 

Seulgi flinches at the loud, scared tone of Joohyun’s voice. Joy scoops her up in her arms and places her in her lap. The raven is trying not to freak out about it, but why is her girlfriend a bear.

 

“Seriously, what joke is this?”

 

“This is not a joke. You’re looking at Seulgi. She’s just in bear form right now.” The vampire admits. Joohyun raises her eyebrow in question, as what the hell does “bear form” mean to her.

 

“Okay, I’m just going to keep this short and brief.” Joy starts. “This bear is Seulgi, and Seulgi is a shapeshifter. She can shift into animals at will, okay. Do you hear me?”

 

Joohyun does hear everything the redhead says. It just seems so outrageous. Shapeshifters aren’t supposed to be real. They are from books, television, and movies. Then she remembers when Seulgi tried to tell her that she was a werewolf. Joohyun puts her fear aside to look into those familiar warm eyes of her girlfriend.

 

“Wait a minute. You weren’t kidding when you said you were a shapeshifter.”

 

Seulgi nods. She certainly wasn’t kidding, only Joohyun didn’t believe her at the time.

 

“Ah.” Yeri nods. “Then this is all your fault. You should have just believed her when she told you.”

 

“Okay, this is a lot of information to handle. You’re all are telling me that my girlfriend of many years. Is actually a shapeshifter, and I’m supposed to just accept this, without any issue?”

 

The witch and vampire nod eagerly. That is exactly what they want her to do. Seulgi is not just some shapeshifter. She is still who she is regardless, and she is their friend too. They will always stand up for her no matter what.

 

“I’m sorry, but it’s just so ridiculous.”

 

Seulgi once again makes a pained sound as if crying. Joy rubs her ears in an effort to calm her down.

 

“Don’t cry, Seul.”

 

That does resonate with, Joohyun. Seulgi is indeed that bear sitting in Joy’s lap, but she doesn’t like to know her girlfriend is in pain. It’s not Seulgi’s fault that she is terrified of animals.

 

“You’re a mean woman, Joohyun. You made her cry.” Yeri lets her know.

 

“I am your, unnie!”

 

“No, you’re not!” Yeri shouts back, completely losing her patience. “I am 250 freaking years old. I probably met your freaking great-great-great grandparents!”

 

“Um, what?” Joohyun blinks. What in hell is Yeri screaming about? This girl is probably in her early 20’s. How the hell is she 250 years old? Joy facepalms, well now that Yeri has lost her mind. They will also both have to admit what they are too.

 

“Okay, so... here’s the thing, Joohyun. Seulgi isn’t the only one that is a supernatural being.”

 

Joohyun pauses, to turn her full attention onto the redhead. She isn’t sure how much more she can take. The next thing she will know they will tell her they’re a witch, and vampire.

 

“I’m a witch.” Joy smiles proudly. “I’m very strong too, don’t let my cute and y face fool you.”

 

“You’re a witch?” The raven deadpans.

 

“That’s right, and Yerimie is…”

 

“I’m a vampire, by the way your blood smells really delicious. You just annoy me, but I’d still bite you.” Yeri bares her fangs, and Joohyun falls over the couch and onto the floor in fear. Seulgi jumps out of, Joy’s arms and hurries to her girlfriend. She nudges her in the side to see if she’s okay.

 

“Oh my god! All of you need to stay back.” Joohyun springs forth from Seulgi. This seems like such a crazy dream. They are all supernatural, how is this real?

 

“You’re all supernatural things!”

 

That sets both, Joy and Yeri off most. Seulgi steps in front of Joohyun to protect her, but really what can she do in this form. Joy raises her right hand with a spark of flame on her fingertips. Yeri, is just looking at her with bright, crimson eyes.

 

“The correct term is supernatural beings!” Joy screams at her. “We don’t go around calling you a human thing.”

 

Yeri looks like she just wants to kill her, which is terrifying enough. Joohyun thinks she might die at the hands of flame or fangs, but Seulgi is growling at her friends fiercely.

 

“What?” Joy frowns in annoyance. To Joohyun it just really looks like a bear growling at a girl. She just about loses her mind. When the redhead gives a nod in understanding.

 

“Don’t put your hands on her!”

 

“Fine, no one will hurt your girlfriend, Seul. She needs to learn to be more sensitive. We’re not things.”

 

“That’s right, we’re not things, Joohyun. If you make me call you, unnie again. I will end you, though.”

 

“U-understood.” The raven nods. Yeri’s eyes turn back to a normal brown color and she sits back on the couch. Joy as well since they’ve said what they needed to say. Seulgi breathes in relief. It’s not as if she can control her friends. She’s just glad they aren’t going to try to hurt her girlfriend.

 

“You can understand, what she’s saying?” Joohyun asks Joy, because the witch did seem to be able to communicate with Seulgi.

 

“Can I understand her?” Joy laughs. “Of course I can. I’m a freaking witch! I could turn you into something right now. You look like a bunny, would you like to be a bunny, Ms. Joohyun?”

 

Joohyun shakes her head in fear. Hell no, she doesn’t want to be turned into an animal. Okay, she believes Joy and Yeri. They are all supernatural beings. She reluctantly sits back down on the couch.

 

“How do you understand? It just seems like she’s growling.”

 

Seulgi groans and nudges her leg. Joohyun jumps at the sudden contact. It’s going to take some getting used to. The fact that Seulgi is this bear now.

 

“It’s easy. You just have to listen to what she’s saying.”

 

“Uh, yeah….sure.” Joohyun nods. That makes no sense. All she can hear is growling from her girlfriend’s mouth.

 

“You’re going to have to start bonding with her, Joohyun. You’re too scared of her now, but you should try to learn how to accept the animal side of her.” Yeri explains the situation as to what it is. The raven reluctantly looks down at her girlfriend. Seulgi seems to be looking at her hopefully, and she is quite cute, as to be expected. She tries to touch the top of her head, and Seulgi leans into the touch. Joy and Yeri look on waiting for any hopeful sign. Joohyun pulls back suddenly.

 

“I’m sorry, but I can’t.”

 

Seulgi sighs, and her ears fall back against her head in disappointment. Joy reacts quite strongly.

 

“Seul, let me turn her into something, please.”

 

“What, no!” The raven shakes her head. “Don’t turn me into an animal.”

 

“I’ll bite you first, that way you won’t feel anything.” Yeri offers. Joohyun shudders. She would rather not be bitten by a vampire, or turned into an animal by a witch. Seulgi moves away from her, and Yeri picks her up this time. Sure they may fight every now and then, but that doesn’t mean she won’t stick up for her friend.

 

“She’s not even in her bigger form!” Yeri shouts, and that does freak Joohyun out.

 

“Uh, there’s a bigger form.”

 

“What part of she can shift into different animals, don’t you understand?” Joy deadpans, then pulls out her phone to google an image of a polar bear. She shows the raven.

 

“So, like this basically. Huge, massive and can rip your head off!”

 

“Oh, hell no!” Joohyun screams and runs off, probably to lock herself in the bedroom or something. Yeri and Seulgi, both look at her like she was an idiot for doing that.

 

“What?” The witch shrugs. “She has to understand that you’re cute right now Seul, but you can turn into other things. How else is she going to accept the fact that you’re a shapeshifter.”

 

That gives Yeri an idea. She places Seulgi down onto floor. She’s in such a small form now, but what about any of the others.

 

“Seul, can you shift at all?” The vampire wonders. Seulgi shakes her head sadly. She doesn’t know why she’s stuck in this one form. She tried actually while, Joohyun was unconscious to shift into another form. Over the years, she has learned quite a few different forms, and no matter how much she tried to shift to some other form. She couldn’t do it, which is unusual for her. She is usually able to shift accordingly now. Joy looks concerned to know that fact.

 

“Seul, we definitely have to find out what’s going on. You haven’t had an issue like this since you were younger.”

 

“Should we make a visit to the wise one?” Yeri wonders.

 

“Oh, um….” The witch thinks. Seulgi growls in repsonse to Yeri’s question.

 

“We should go see her.”

 

“Seul, we haven’t seen her in forever. Are you sure you want to?”

 

“Yes! What if she can fix this?”

 

“Fine, fine.” Joy nods. “We’ll make plans to see her, but I won’t like it.”

 

“Neither will I.” The blonde admits. “I don’t like being around her. She’s so….ugh.”

 

Joy pulls Yeri into a hug and kisses her cheek several times. The vampire pushes her away.

 

“Stop kissing me!”

 

“Then stop resisting my kisses.”

 

“Uh, guys. How about my problems?” Seulgi growls. Her friends turn to her in remembrance. They were just about to get into one of their usual fights, but they remember that Seulgi is indeed the one with her problems.

 

“Okay, fine. I just have one thing to say.” The redhead begins. “Let me at least shock her with electricity, or something. She’s been mean to you, Seul.”

 

“It’s not her fault. She’s scared of animals, and no! You both leave Joohyun alone.”

 

“Alright.” Yeri sighs. “I’m still hungry, so if you don’t have some extra blood packs laying around. Then, I’m going to have to go eat.”

 

“Well, let’s go so that you can eat. Yerimie, gets cranky without her meal.”

 

“No, you don’t say.” Seulgi looks at them with her own deadpan look.

 

“Seul, you know what to do if you need me. Since, you can’t actually talk and unfortunately, Joohyun is pretty useless to you at the moment.”

 

“I do.” The bear cub nods in thanks. Joy soon teleports herself, and Yeri out of the house. All in all, that could have went so much worse. Joohyun is still scared of her as to be expected, but at least she now knows the whole truth. Seulgi sighs, and scratches her head with her paw. How is she supposed to form a brand new type of bond with her. Joohyun is too scared for them to even try. Seulgi, supposes she will have to try ways to show Joohyun she is still her Seulgi, cute and cuddly bear or not.


 

A/N: Alright, so now you know what the story is with Seul, Joy, and Yeri. This will be so interesting seeing how both Joohyun and Seulgi deal with the current situation. I hope that you guys are all still interested in reading this, I actually like this fic so far. And that’s hard for me as I don’t like hardly much of anything I write. I do hope you all do though, thanks for reading.